Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Gen OTD

Go down 
+2
Mellicious
Chronicler
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

New Gen OTD - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 am

Birds hasn't been too bad, same with Arrow. Most of the Bat titles are solid, though I'm thinking of dropping Batwoman and Catwoman, neither of those titles has actually impressed me alot, they've been interesting but thats it and I want more than interesting. Batman, Batman: Dark Knight, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl have all impressed me as far as stories go. Birds of Prey, Batwing, and Red Hood and the Outlaws I'm still in the air about.

The other titles- JL and JL Dark are definatly books to pick up. JLI, hit and miss thouth I think they're canceling that title soon. Don't read any of the Superman titles or WonderWoman, they just don't interest me. GL has me on edge wondering what this Third Army the guardians keep mentioning is and everything going on in GLC, GLNG and RL are keeping me interested. Green Arrow is entertaining same with Savage Hawkman, Flash and Teen Titans. Haven't gotten around to reading Ravagers yet but it looks good, we'll see if I keep picking it up. Earth 2 started off with a bang and so far has not disappointed. World's Finest is a book I'm giving a shot but not sure if I'll keep picking up.

Overall though I'm not impressed with the way DC went about doing this New 52. To many inconsistancies in continuity. Like Red Robin (tim drake), there is rumors that the writer of Teen Titans will reveal that he was never Batman's partner which is in direct contradiction to an early issue in Batman where it has Bruce, Dick, Tim and Damien all getting ready to head out to some event and mentions him as a former Robin along with Dick and his inclusion in the War of the Robins arc in Batman and Robin where Damien warns him and all the other former Robins (Dick and Jason) he'll be coming for them. There are other things too that don't really make sense but I'm hoping all of this will be cleared up with the 0 issues next month (which means I might have to by all of them instead of just the 0's of the titles I pick up).
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:39 am

I've read and solidly am not a fan of Red Hood and the Outlaws. But I've been recommended all of these titles. I took some looks into them. I'm just not interested in picking them up. I'm still reading a lot of older comics and newer ones generally fail to hold my attention as of late.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:42 am

yeah, can't beat the classics. Still trying to collect some of the previous titles like Outlaws, JLA, and JSA and have a stack of trades that I still haven't gotten around to reading.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 am

I've read a few newer titles and reviewed them and it's funny how many times I find myself using the word "Pointless" in a lot of reviews of some newer comics. I have liked a couple though. I tend to like most out of continuity runs like Superman/Batman.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 am

newer or older Supes and Bat? The Night of Owls arc in Batman was pretty good. Gave me some ideas about bringing Court of Owls into our DCU.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:38 am

Both really. I like the Superman/Batman Super-Girl arc for example.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

I might read the new Justice League of America title coming out next year. Cat-Woman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Star-Girl? I'm game. I was thinking of using Star-Girl for a bit as a Titan but I think I'll just save that for later.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:41 am

So the idea I had in mind is basically like how Brainiac occasionally takes control or mutual control of someone else's body. I basically thought 'Well what if he did that but to like WAVES of people? Like people throughout the country. It could make him a bit of a more lasting threat even after he's more immediately defeated because his presence could just be rebooted into someone else much later (I'm going by the robot version of Brainiac like from the DC Animated Universe. That's the one I'm more familiar with so I can't say if that'd work here or not)
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:48 am

Sure, let's go with that.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:43 am

Want me to edit the unexplainable 'freeing Hush' thing?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:46 am

Nope, it's fine.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:45 am

Not sure what to do with Derek anymore. I think I want to break him and remold him again, give him an arc where he disappears from the grid completely and returns rejuvinated.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 am

Kewl.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:50 am

This experience is just gonna remind him of past experiences, and I want to see if I can do something about it. Maybe he'll go straight for the League of Shadows.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

we keep mentioning the League of Shadows but Delilah is the head of the League of Assassins, never called the LoS or if I did it was a slip. But it could be a part of the LoA or a group that split from them
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Sorry. Thought I saw it as League of Shadows in there somewhere and just assumed Delilah might have deviated from the actual "Path of the Demon" thing that R'as and Talia abide by.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Ohhh, yeah, my fault there, too.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Either way, I'm having Derek travelling to meet Delilah, Pryde, if you're okay with that.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:03 pm

yeah, i'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Just had a thought for a mini-arc when the Brainiac thing hits full throttle to have the younger heroes rescue a bunch of the adult ones being controlled by the alien A.I. Could lead to the creation of the Titans-esque thing later. Which right now is just Black Bat, Nightlight, and Super-Girl, maybe Mischief. I may also make a Star-Girl character but for the League, not the Titans.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 am

Works with me.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Toxin, we're underway with a major plot currently that is Justice League related which is why we haven't been quick on replying, and I guess I wonder where you're going to take this thing you've got going right now. If you want, we can keep you up to date on what's going on inside the new setting we've established.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 am

if you have read Nightfall batman then it will be very familar Bane is staying in the shadows for now,and im not really sure where to fit Bane in atm so he is just trying to work out who Batman is
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am

I can give a full rundown of pretty much everything but it'll take me a minute to type up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:55 am

cool just thought Bane could be hired by one of the bad guys as he is a merc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gen OTD
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Dc Domain :: DCU 2100 :: Batman: The New Generation-
Jump to: