Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Gen OTD

Go down 
+2
Mellicious
Chronicler
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

New Gen OTD - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:53 am

I'm just gonna cover this in terms of sagas.

A Legend Reborn
Derek Wilson first emerges in Gotham is Red Robin (Played b Shiney). At that time, Angelica Foster had been Bat-Girl (played by myself) for the better part of a year. This saga generally involved a heavy emphasis on cleaning up organized crime in Gotham, largely run by then most influential crime boss in the city, Black Mask. The exploits also often involved the legendary Batman Museum which is a major source of influence for most of Gotham and Bludhaven's current vigilantes. At the same time Morningstar, Nightstalker, and Centurion were being developed (The former two played by Pryde & the latter by Venom). In this Saga Derick spends a little time getting to know his step sister, Angelica. The saga generally ends when Black Mask is defeated in a final confrontation with Red Robin, Bat-Girl, and a Gotham City rogue cop calling herself "Hush" (Me again). The end result is Angelica stepping down as Bat-Girl and Derek deciding that Gotham was ready for the return of its fabled savior. Thus he decides to hang up the black and red, exchanging it for Black and Grey as Batman.

The Dark Knight Returns (See What I Did There?)
Derek takes the mantle of Batman and, as his sidekick, he allows adopted sister, Lorelei to become the new Bat-Girl(Me) while Angelica takes a position as "Oracle". The emphasis was dominantly placed on cleaning up the aftermath of the organized crime implosion caused by Black Mask's incarceration. This was also where a number of other larger threats were introduced, including the first new Super Villain Derek had faced since becoming Batman, a hitman made into an absolutely insane psychopath named Clue(Me), paralleling the original Batman's relationship with long-time arch-foe, The Joker. There were a number of new villains to appear in this period, including Missy and Professor Paradox. During this period, Derek spent his time getting to know Lorelei until a point when Angelica disappears and things begin to take very negative turns quickly. It is also in this arc that Derek, in his civilian persona, develops a relationship with Brass Williams of Aerocorp, secretly Cat-Woman(Me yet again). Also in this saga, Morningstar gets a sidekick as well by the name of Nightlight(Pryde). Every once in a while Nightlight would team up with Bat-Girl to fend of threats to Gotham or Bludhaven as a bit of a friendly rivalry. This saga ends around the time that it was decided to expand the RP beyond the Batman Universe and incorporate more of DC into it. The concrete moment I associate with its ending is Angelica's return from space with the one and only Gold Lantern ring.

Fall from Grace
There was plenty in this arc that pertained, not only to Batman, but also to the number of individuals that would eventually go on to be the new Justice League of America. The original arc revolving around this ragtag group of heroes was focused on a terrorist dispute overseas that would ultimately threaten, not only that nation, but the entire world if escalated too quickly. Amazon, Hawk, Dove, Centurion, Morningstar, Batman, and [Gold] Lantern all fly out to manage the situation. Success is achieved and the heroes part ways though agree to be ready to call one another again should a situation arise that calls for their working together. This saga was noticeably longer in my mind as it did contain a lot of things not fully necessary to advance the plot. Mostly a few one-shot villain fights. There were a number of team-ups and such though still a heavy focus on Gotham. The saga is one in which Bat-Woman (Me) is introduced as a much more vengeful and merciless vigilante than Batman who has no problem killing people if she has to, and often does so even if she doesn't have to. She works her way into Batman's life yet no one knows who she is and yet she knows everything about Batman and Bat-Girl. Eventually to discover that she's Angelica's blood sister. This is the first heavy blow to Batman as it represents his first steps to trying to better conceal his secret. The next heavy blow is dealt when Clue returns again and goes after Batman and causes Batman to contemplate ending his life though Clue ultimately escapes. The final strike comes in the form of Lorelei's Disociative Identity Disorder coming full swing after she is forced to kill her birth father who had been hyped up on VENOM and was on a rampage in Wilson Tower. She spends much of her time in a catatonic state until reemerging as a frighteningly vengeful and murderous vigilante calling herself Catalyst. This saga ends on a more triumphant note, however, when Batman is able to snap her out of it and get her help. She ultimately steps down as Bat-Girl and designs a new suit, dubbing herself Black Bat while Angelica returns to the Bat-Girl mantle.

DC Universe
The current saga and probably an indefinite one with no clear end, this is what's presently happening as the Justice League is finally returning and heroes are back in the world at large with Superman(Venom), Wonder-Girl(Me), Martian Manhunter(Shiney), and various others joining the crew. There are a few arcs presently and all very prominent. In fact, only one has really been resolved thus far. For a time, Edgar Wayne took up the role of Batman and intended to keep an eye on the current holder of the title. After observing him for some time, he determines that Derek and his allies are indeed worthy to carry the mantle of the Bat. Thus Edgar takes up a new role as Talon. The current arc being prominently features in the overall Universe is the return of Brainiac, using alien technology to an as of yet unspecified means though the end is as obvious as ever. The current arc as it pertains to Batman alone is based around a ninja exiled from the League of Assassins hunting down the Bat-Family (Batman, Bat-Woman, Bat-Girl, Black-Bat) in order to impress the League and get back within their good graces. She'd been enhanced by the Red Lazarus compound. After killing a member of the League and escaping, Batman's failures begin to eat away at him and he decides to hunt down the League for answers regarding the Assassin. Meanwhile, back in Gotham, that assassin is parading around also as a vigilante, killing the lowliest of scum and calling herself Vampire-Bat (A play on both her powers and the legacy she honors but wants nothing more than to destroy). Currently, the only bat in Gotham is Bat-Girl as Bat-Woman is up on the Watchtower out of commission and Black Bat has been taken control of by Brainiac. Batman is off searching for answers from the League.

There. A very brief and generalized overview of the thing so far. Not counting for a few events that didn't push much along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 pm

ok fair enough Bane could be hired he is a merc but is more concerned with 'breaking' the Bat
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:26 am

Is it an OMAC chip, Twi?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:29 am

I was just taking it from a one-shot I read where they used a specific alien virus to shut him down and the main issue was getting close enough to the main hub. I'm not familiar enough with OMAC to say though. I know it's like a superhuman slayer cyborg type deal. Takes over a human host, usually a civilian, so the JL doesn't just rip it apart due to its being a machine. Or is there a good version of OMAC?
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 am

Oh okay, I wasn't familiar myself with the one shot, but I may have heard of it. Well, there isn't really a good version per-se, but there was a one off that was called REMAC, which was an easily manipulative OMAC with no personality who I think briefly had a mind transfer. I still think we should go with the alien virus you had planned but OMAC can be brought up later in the story, could be interesting to play with.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 pm

So what's the plan here with the Lazarus Compound?

I was gonna have Vampire-Bat attack Cat-Woman and Bat-Woman in Gotham a bit later and see if Batman wanted to intervene. Still not sure if I want to make her end up going straight or staying an anti-hero but I did want to use her again without the obstacle of "Bane" deciding to be a little more awesome than he probably should be against her since that's essentially the only real fight she's been in thus far.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:05 pm

Well, I only said it looked like the lazarus compound. I don't have anything special planned for it other than maybe it's used to power a new stronger body of Brainiac's?

I understand and I'm up for trying to Vampire Bat to matter a lot more without another villain trying to show off a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 pm

I have an idea. The team gets overpowered by Brainiac as the lazarus compound starts to compromise with his highly developed mind and his temper. This makes him easier to distract as Batman or Bat-Girl try and get the virus implanted into him.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 am

Sounds good to me, the big guns in Superman, Wonder Woman, and Man Hunter keep him busy with the brains of the League work on the virus.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Well, I just got through reading Superman: Brainiac the other day and now I'm more familiar with how he works comic-wise to the point where he's an alien that just makes a number of bodies for himself, some robotic, others organic. This one is one of those. Figure holding the two bottled cities captive would be a useful means of being able to bring him back later and also give Manhunter something to be conflicted about since I don't think he'd know much about Mars pre-White Martian War.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Okay, so what do you need me to do? Make it so Batman and/or Manhunter gets the human cities off Brainiac's control?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Nah. I'm thinking just have him keep them for now. He'll use em as leverage for now and the victory can be bittersweet. Save the world but Brainiac gets away with Kandor and the Martian city.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 pm

So he's letting go off the human cities willingly? I don't quite follow so I'm sorry for asking so many questions. Not familiar with the comic.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:16 pm

He isn't quite letting them go. The invasion is still going on. The JL just has to focus on the invasion and not Brainiac himself at that point. Generally, he could care less about the invasion being foiled. He'll just come back later more formidable.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Right. Batman doesn't take him offline. The invasion ends on Earth. Brainiac takes off with Kandor and The Martian city as potential hostages which leaves a possible future plot for the League or Superman and Manhunter seperately. Correct?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Sweet... Sounds good to me.

I think I might want to give Manhunter a niece or something for that plot then if it happens. Someone who escaped from the quarantine.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:41 am

I've had an idea that Edgar knows Kasumi is Blood Bat and he's just allowed her to remain in his employ mostly as a way to keep an eye on her or something along those lines. She might also know that Edgar isn't exactly what the public sees him as.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:00 am

Yeah, I thought about that at one point. Didn't give it that much thought at the time. That could work if you wanna do that. She'd know he isn't directly related to Batman so she wouldn't really bother him anyway unless he got in her way. If anything, she'd probably respect him.

Right now I'm just messing about with the possibility of a Robin.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:09 am

that sounds cool. Edgar is not related to Derek no but he is related to Batman though she may or may not know of that connection. I've been thinking of bringing in a few other younger characters for a Teen titans type team in this world along with Lightbrite.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Is Teen Titans based in a different universe, so to speak?

A Robin would be an interesting addition.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:40 pm

nah going to keep it in this one
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 am

I'd like to get Centurion and Nightwing more involved just don't know how to work in Nightwing since he has no connections to the Bat Family.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:29 am

Is Nightwing more in Gotham or Bludhaven?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:39 am

He's been in both about the same just helping where he's needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   New Gen OTD - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gen OTD
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Dc Domain :: DCU 2100 :: Batman: The New Generation-
Jump to: