Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Justice League

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

Justice League - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:04 pm

(I know. Good show, haha)

Sovereign hits the wall and floats down. The dent in the wall buffs itself out and Sovereign turns to Superman. "Very well. If you insist," Sovereign says. Then he charges forward, ready with a punch, it seems.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Superman flew backwards towards the wall at high speed shooting out more heat vision blasts to try and get Sovereign off balance.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Sovereign charges through the heat vision for a moment before it seems to slow him down. He begins to falter before teleporting again and punching Superman from the left. "You're doing well. Better than the Superman of my universe...he was dead by this point."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Superman grunted taking the blow and stumbling before regaining his footing and coming back with a thunderous strike to Sovereign's gut. "Keep talking, I always liked when the bad guy ran his mouth!"
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Sovereign winces then grabs Superman by the shoulders and drives his knee into Superman's gut in retaliation. "Yes, well. The difference is I'm not bragging or boasting about how wonderful I am. I'm honestly commending you. Though I do suppose you owe me. I did save your life, after all." He then lunges back to get some distance between them.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Superman held his stomach and grunted. "Saved me?" He said before taking another fighting stance.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:43 pm

"You assumed I was boasting about killing you?" Sovereign says. "No. I never kill an adversary unless they give me no choice. There's no honor in it at all." Sovereign then launches himself toward Superman.

Meanwhile, Gallant occupies Wonder Woman and Sovereign's legion has caught on to Manhunter, chasing him through the base.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Superman narrowed his eyes and moved to the side before using his freeze breath on him then punching him away.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Sovereign staggers for a moment and grunts at being punched, then breaks free of the ice and turns around, blasting Superman across the room with a concussive burst from his hands. Then he begins to slowly walk towards the Man of Steel. "Would you like to know who killed you, there? How you die? As a message of good will? Something to be aware of in the future?"
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Manhunter emerges from a wall as the legion chasing him runs past. He had to get back to the others.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:48 am

Superman grunted standing up, putting his fists up.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:06 am

Sovereign lunges forward and punched down on Superman instead of straight at him.  The impact knowledge the Man of Steel to the ground.  Then he kicks him before he can get up.  Superman lands beside the unconscious Super-Girl. "There's you culprit," Sovereign says with crossed arms.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:25 am

"You assume that such a thing would occur in this universe as well.", Manhunter says.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:41 am

Superman looked at Super-Girl before him as he got up weakly. "Not...." He said before spitting some blood. "true..."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:01 am

"Assumptions are dangerous.  I prefer to do my homework," Sovereign says, pulling up a screen against the window behind him.  He had recordings of several different instances, across what looked like many different universes.  "These were the ones I could do nothing to prevent.  Whether she turns traitor, is brainwashed, or whatever other versions of this there are, there was always a common ending."

Sovereign turns his back to the heroes, fully anticipating that someone was going to try something.  "Superman and his allies die."  He zooms in on one in particular.  "52 universes.  I was able to prevent this occurrence on eleven.  And I've been to somewhere around thirty.  But this one...this one strikes me differently."  He observes as this version of Super-Girl, mercilessly attacking everything in her wake.  "It's the first time I saw it...in my Universe.  You didn't die a hero, Superman.  Whatever happened to her, it made her almost feral.  You died pleading for her to calm down.  That was the first time an adversary's defeat disappointed me...saddened me, even."

The screen continues to play the event and the out of control Super-Girl is run through with a glowing green sword.  "Our worlds a very similar, Superman.  Unlike most of the others, the differences are very subtle...at least in comparison to the others.  Luckily, mine is well ahead of every Universe I've been to so far in time.  By a few months, give or take.  I was able to stop it a few times and watch it happen, others."

He then turns to Superman and stands before him.  "Tell me.  Why do you think I do what I do?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:12 am

"For power...greed...any of the other motives insane villains have..." Superman said. "What proof...what proof is that? That could be a fake..."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:50 am

Sovereign stares at Superman for a moment with his hands behind his back.  Then he scoff.  "Fool," he says, suddenly punching at Superman hard enough to cause him to slide back.  "Allow me, then, to speak as plainly as I can to try and make you understand this."

He's back on Superman in a heartbeat, swinging across his jaw.  And even now Superman could feel that he was pulling his punches in comparison to earlier.  "You are correct," he says as he grabs Superman and holds on eye to eye level.  "Tyrants, Fascist Dictators, and all other manner of Hitlers have used similar words.  But I am not an oppressor.  What I do is for the good of mankind.  You may keep your beliefs, your religion, your individuality.  I couldn't care less WHAT you people choose to think and believe.

Then he throws him back across the room, lightly enough that he has a chance to recover and float.  "You are so ideal, though, that your mind rejects it.  You refuse to understand.  In a world where 'Peace' is a means to an end, the end will always be war.  People are easily led by anyone in a suit, claiming to know more than they do.  Religious Leaders, Corporation Executives, Politicians, it's all the same.  They sit atop the pedestals that they so cleverly convinced you all that they deserved.  Then they talk.  They talk and talk until the discussion becomes debate.  Soon, that debate becomes a formally disguised juvenile argument.  Before long, the world deteriorates into the madness you see around you.  When was the last time you actually walked the streets of the very world you lived on and just...observed?"

Wonder Woman attacks Sovereign from behind and plows him into the floor but he shifts his momentum, rolling ahead and flipping her then throwing her at Superman.  "I've seen it on far too many worlds.  I've seen fear, confusion, uncertainty, and rage.  I've witnessed untimely death in the name of greed, religion, passion, or science.  War has ravaged and nearly destroyed each of those worlds because they don't know how to stop.  However, when you use war as a means to an end, rather than trying to skip straight to the step of peace, it all makes more sense."

Wonder Woman floats beside Superman.  "You're deluded, Sovereign," Wonder Woman says. "How does war lead to peace?  I know Ares.  The only thing war leads to is more war!"

"Quiet, woman," Sovereign says.  "War leads to peace when one party emerges victorious.  It's as simple as that.  You either crush or terrify all who oppose you in a display of dominance.  Under one rule, there can be only in-fighting.  And I work hard to neutralize that.  A society, nay, tens of societies all united under one government.  It is ideal, not to mention logical.  As long as your life decision do not adversely affect the life of another, you are free to do what your personal codes direct.  Make no mistake.  I have no desire for war.  But it is the only language spoken universally by all sentient beings.  I present myself, I am resisted, and I show my opposers the consequences of their actions."

"And outer worlds?"  Wonder Woman says.

"What about them?  Invasions?  Woman, I will command 52 Planet Sized armies that I can spirit across the universes at will.  Where is Earth's disadvantage in this?  And I am kind enough not to open with an attack.  I usher a warning first.  Then, if I am resisted, I unleash the Matrisphere as a show of power.  Usually this allows me to prevent the need of going into a drawn out war.  I am no more a villain than the President of the United States is to that of any given Middle-Eastern country."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:14 am

Superman narrowed his eyes. "You come here first saying my daughter will kill me and everyone...and now this rant about controlling everything...not giving people an option...you can't just rule through fear"
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:39 am

"That was a warning of good faith. I have no ill will toward you personally...aside from the fact that you are far too idealistic. I had hoped you would leave here and tend to whatever ultimately ends in the girl destroying you all, be it an ailment, inner demon, or outside influence. I don't wish to see the Justice League destroyed. I wish to see a world that no longer needs a Justice League. And why not rule through fear? Your governments do it all the time? They have mastered the art of fear mongering. What is a law if not a command, reinforced by the promise of consequences, should that law be broken? Severe consequences for minor missteps, in some cultures. It sounds like fear to me. But I can see you still won't listen. I've had to cripple every Superman that I was able to save. And you...I was wrong about you. You are no different, it seems."

Sovereign clenches his fist. "Every world I've conquered has taken time to adjust, of course. There was resistance. But soon people realized just how simple life had gotten under my rule. It died down. They are content. There is no need to worry about what their representatives are doing this week to anger the representatives of another nation. What crime and in-fighting there is, my knights stop with little effort. But I doubt you'd be so convinced if I were to even take you there myself. Then so be it, Superman. This will end as it has every other time this battle gotten to see the light of day; with you needing a stretcher."

Sovereign rockets from his spot like a missile but Wonder Woman pushes Superman out of the way. Sovereign ends up body checking her into the wall, at which point, she drops to the floor, seemingly disabled. "Troublesome woman." Then Sovereign turns to Superman and his eyes narrow.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:48 am

Superman looked down at Wonder Woman then at Sovereign and his eyes flashed red as he stood up, ready to fight again.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:49 am

Sovereign charges forward at Superman, fists drawn back.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:53 am

Superman watches closely and goes in low letting Sovereign come at him before coming up with a powerful uppercut knocking his foe back before before using his super breath to push him back farther.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 am

Sovereign is knocked back but suddenly disappears. He reappears in the exact same spot, however, instead of teleporting elsewhere. Now adjusted, he fires off a concussive burst from his hands, knocking Superman back.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Superman put his arms up forming an "X" and blocking the blast but being pushed back by it none the less.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Sovereign rushes in suddenly and punches down on the block to break it then brings in an uppercut that sends Superman straight up, hitting the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Justice League   Justice League - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Justice League
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next