Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Either way we go we can have magic as a sort of forgotten art, kinda like the plot to Hellboy 2 or something.

Tiger Tanks getting smashed by Ice Demons, P-51 Mustangs dogfighting with Dragons

or

Full armies in line of battle unleashing musket barrages into hordes of undead ghouls before fixing bayonets and charging.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:41 pm

making me think we need to do both eras
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Oh man now that'd be a lot to tackle haha
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:49 pm

too much really
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Yeah, gotta be one or the other and I'm alright with either era.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:55 pm

eeny meeny miney moe.....
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Either way this is what I have in mind map wise as far as geographically

https://2img.net/h/oi60.tinypic.com/14kk0mr.jpg

Not sure what to do with the kingdoms yet, maybe some fell, some merged into one nation. Although I did have Acheron sink making it that world's Atlantis.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:00 pm

interesting
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Yeah, thinking do we want to add any races into the RP too? The Children of the Forest are long gone and I've always envisioned them as Wood Elves. Dragons might be a thing of the past too or they could be extremely rare
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:06 pm

dragons and other mythical creatures should be extremely rare. I think new races would be a must in an rpg where they are discovering new lands, but not so much in one where the world is moving into the modern age.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:16 pm

So Dwarfs, Orcs, Elves? Or all three?
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:47 pm

well, I'd assume Dwarvs are already around though not as a 'race' like in LoTR. Elves and Orcs though could be interesting. But I was thinking more along the lines of discovering new lands and meeting it's natives, like Europeans interacting with the Aztec, Incan and tribes of N.America.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:58 pm

So we have Caucasians in the form of Eturians (European), Palmyran (Russian), People of the Free Cities (Greeks) then we have Asians in the form of the Xi (Chinese), Sa'Chi (Mongolians), Middle Easterners (Nacien).

We could have Mesoamericans and Native Americans on Fionavar, Avalon, Malazan, and the Idris Islands, Africans on Eberron and the Osten Islands, Japanese on Nehwon Islands, and maybe a mystical race on Eidolon? Just an idea
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 2:10 pm

makes sense
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Thinking some countries should have colonial empires at the start or should be we start off finding these new lands?
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:02 am

that's a tough one
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 5:09 am

We can have them have some smaller colonies they've recently established.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:04 am

So what's this idea, now, about colonies and time periods and whatnot?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:13 am

Well we have the RPG called Clash of Kingdoms, which is our medieval/fantasy type RPG. It's basically Game of Thrones...like shamelessly haha.

Anyways my idea was to take the world we've built and explore it more, using the established realms we have and flash forwarding to the 1700s or 1900s, we seem to have decided on the former time period.

We'd be exploring new lands, peoples, etc. Magic exists in this world but it has become a forgotten art almost, dragons and other creatures exists but are extremely rare. Basically you'd create a character from one of the nations, in CoK most of us made nobles, knights, etc and play their story in this world. Themes would pretty much be drawn from our world's history.

----------------------

https://2img.net/h/oi61.tinypic.com/2zh16l4.jpg

A rough idea for the map at the start of the RPG.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:00 pm

That works
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Cool cool
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 5:36 pm

So here's what I'm thinking could be a interesting start to the 1700s spin off

In Eturia

The Empire of Ostia, the Kingdom of Caelin, the Kingdom of Bulgar, and the Kingdom of Sienna have become the dominate powers and have established overseas colonies on Eberron and Fionavar. The Iron Islands is a small power that has taken to isolationism after being nearly destroyed in the past. The Kingdom of Crimea has been annexed forcefully into the Kingdom of Caelin in a past war and now the Holy Crimean Empire rules from the lands once making up the Kingdom of Caldiea. Caelin and Crimea are at odds and a war could spark at any moment as Crimea wants it's lands back. Ostia has peacefully annexed Altea through marriages and the North is now solely under Ostian rule, their royal bloodline being a mix of Creed and Ducard.

The Nacien Sultanate is a major power and is heavily involved in trade with the Eturian and Akaniean powers, they've managed to keep out of the larger world affairs and make a profit but they have a strong military none the less.

The Nehwon Islands are home to the Empire of Nehwon, they were discovered by sailors from Sienne and quickly adapted to the times and are a newly modern nation. They have established a small colonial empire as well. They quickly enlisted the best Eturian scholars and soldiers to help modernize themselves. (Think Japan during the 19th century)

Across the sea on Akaniea the Xi Empire fades. They lost a major war against the Eturians in the past and have slowly been losing ground to the growing Empire of Palmyra. While still a force to be reckoned with they are no longer the superpower they once were. The Empire of Palmyra is a growing force and has conquered over half of Akaniea, while they have no colonial holdings due to their focus being on their own continent they plan to expand overseas as well. Last but not least on Akaniea is the Federation of Tamriel. Formed from the Alliance of Free Cities they are the world's first modern democracy.

On Eberron the Ostian, Caelian, Siennian, and Bulgaran colonies prosper and grown and interact with native tribes they've encountered, sometimes the interaction is peaceful...sometimes it isn't.

The continent of Eidolon has proven to nearly impossible to colonize, non-humans are said to inhabit it and every expedition sent has never returned.

So that's kinda the setting, what do you think? I think a possible arc could see a small group heading to Eidolon to try and explore it against all odds.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 10:41 pm

Wow I'd be in for that. Still a bit confusing but I'm sure I'd get my head around it.

Plus big news I found out today. I'm going to look a lot differently next time you come across a photo of me. I've been getting really bad headaches and I believe I've found the reason why. Can you guess what I'm getting?
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:38 am

I like the sound of that.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:51 am

Thinking Eidolon could be home to the Gargoyles you posted in CoK, Orc tribes, and the remnants of an ancient Elven kingdom, then of course other mystical creatures could roam more freely there. It'd be a totally new world for the Human explorers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next