Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 am

That's awesome Mel!!! Good luck!!!

As far as Haven City, the arcs are pretty much as follows

The city is falling to crime, the various families are taking over and if Shiney wants his character Terramite can be the main villain of that arc. It'll pretty much be the Haven City Police Department working with the Guardians and other heroes to clean up Haven City.

Then there's the "Paladin" arc that is going to see James going out and taking revenge out of those who had anything to do with his father's death and his brother being turned into a weapon. He'll be the antagonist as the Avengers/SHIELD/CIA/Guardians can't allow him to of around offing US Senators, CIA agents, and other government officials.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks

Should I wait for the story to finish or so you need a 16-18 year old for anything?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Making a new character? Which arc would you want to be involved in more?
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:26 pm

I was watching a morning show the other day and they were doing a segment on children who have grown up to be drop dead gorgeous. They of course featured the cast of Harry Potter but they also showed Jack Gleeson who was the kid in batman, the olsen family, but also Abigail Breslin and Bailee Madison. They're stunning now they're around the 18 mark. I'd love to use either girls, but I'm not sure where to put them.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Well if you want her on the Guardians, Amy Miller could bring her in. She could be a member of the X-Men and a friend of Amy's who joins, a student at Xavier's who wants to get out and be part of a team and decides to try and join the Guardians with Amy.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:10 pm

I like that idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Which one? Haha
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 9:41 pm

The idea you wrote about Amy miller and the guardians. I haven't got a clue about powers. I wouldn't mind a girl packing some awesome stuff
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 5:28 am

Well here's the team so far

Blindspot- Highly trained Marine with the ability to find the weakness in anyone or anything

Gaia- Control over the elements

Blur- Superspeed

Erica Danger- Can predict an opponents moves due to to her Eagle Eye ability

Victoria Desmond- Nanomachines that enhance her body and allow her to create metallic weapons

Valkyrie- Pretty much a female Superman

Geist- A more badass Mr. Fantastic

Shadow- Dark Magic abilities

So that's 8 members, you character is going to be a Mutant right? Could try something like Kitty Pryde's powers or maybe even Psylocke?
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:31 am

I've got Victoria over at Starchasers, I just forgot to move her bio, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 am

It's all good man, no worries
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:05 am

I had a witty little character idea. Not really sure where it'd go, at the moment, though.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:19 am

How popular or worthy is the power of force fields?
*As a shield to protect against damage from natural forces or an enemy attack
* a dome that protects from toxic gases
* field that can also block mental and psychic attacks

I'm not sure if it's good enough though, many of my characters have cool powers but nothing that's good at attacking only defending
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 am

Check out Intangible's old character Jane on Haven City, she's kind of a mix between Kitty Pryde and the Invisible Woman.

What was your idea Twi?
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:31 am

Yeah quite similar, I'm using Susan's force field ability where she blocks attacks but also bella swans ability in twilight where she creates a shield that makes it impossible to have her mind read or be subject to mental attacks. In the movie she can also use the shield to protect others of powers for a certain distance.

While it's a cool defensive power, I'd also like her to be able to attack back
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:34 am

I was also playing with Claire from heroes but she can only heal and repair herself, a great thing to have but not the best to strike back. I can just picture some villain continuously killing her without getting hurt himself.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:35 am

Force Fields can be used to attack. Susan has, in the past, used her forcefields to throw people, crush enemies, and knock people down.

My idea is basically just for a super-jumping teen who can control/communicate w/ bugs. And has a giant alien moth for a partner. A giant, sentient, atomic, psychic, alien moth. Writing prompt I had from before. Take a bunch of unrelated words and compress them into one idea. Turned out that fun little thing.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:41 am

Yeah Force Fields have plenty of offensive potential, you could make one inside someone and expand it and then that person is having a bad day.

That does seem pretty humorous haha
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:43 am

Oh definitely. Noe idea where I'd put it around here, though.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:47 am

Twi wrote:
Force Fields can be used to attack.  Susan has, in the past, used her forcefields to throw people, crush enemies, and knock people down.

My idea is basically just for a super-jumping teen who can control/communicate w/ bugs.  And has a giant alien moth for a partner.  A giant, sentient, atomic, psychic, alien moth.  Writing prompt I had from before.  Take a bunch of unrelated words and compress them into one idea.  Turned out that fun little thing.

I'm glad you said moths instead of spiders.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe even if she used the field to protect her own team while they attacked would be good, but I could use what you mentioned venom to also send out a field around a villain and instead of expanding it, condensing it so it suffocates the person trapped within and knocks them out.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:50 am

Uh, no. I can't stand spiders.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:53 am

She could also be a straight up telekinetic in addition to her force field creations allowing her to manipulate objects and people. Think the movie Chronicle.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:54 am

Spiders are in second place though I cannot stand cockroaches. A daddy long legs doesn't hurt people so I leave them alone and little spiders I allow to go their own way back to hiding but I don't allow cockroaches the sane opportunity lol

I haven't seen chronicle but I may be able to watch some on YouTube which character?
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Ooo cool movie, they're asses though lol, but I like the part in the trailer where one guy pushes back a circle of cop cars. So rather than telekinects the force field itself acts like a wall of force.

And being 16-18 she's going to have a lot of teenage frustrations lol. The age when they think they can step into the shoes of adulthood, I was terrible hehe.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:25 pm

I dunno. Where would a character like this go? Haven?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014   Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk lounge Nov/Dec 2014
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next