Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC Universe- 2100

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 am

Batman performs a diving maneuver getting away from the force of the small blast. "Not at all. I had to confirm it was Wayne tech."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 am

"Now why would that matter to you?" The Assassin says, landing behind Batman then narrowing her eyes. "Maybe I've been going about this wrong." She then sheathes her sword and retracts her next dagger into her sleeve. As she approaches, Batman with a quick dash, she hears a sudden whistle and her body reacts to the impending danger at an inhuman pace. She lowers herself into a slide and springs upward, throwing more shurikens at whoever this new foe turned out to be.

Moth hovered there and evaded each shuriken as they came. "Yo, Bats, next time don't leave the line open, huh? Wondie and green skin sent me down here to help you out."

"How adorable," the assassin says. "So when you aren't relying on children, and insecure women with tempers to pull your fat out of the fire, you turn to colorblind idiots like him?"

"Colorblind idiots? Babe, you just bought yourself a grade A smackdown. Courtesy of yours truly...oh, and Batman. He'll help too," Moth joked.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 am

Batman fought to urge to pull a sour expression and remained looking indifferent. "I don't require your assistance, Moth.", he says and reminds himself that next time it's personal matters he should turn off his gps signal. "Infact you're in the way."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:41 am

"Good thing I wasn't asking your permission," Moth says, firing his cocoon weapon at the ninja as she runs around the rooftop, toying with the both of them.

"Oh no. A glorified spider-web. What EVER shall I do?" She says before suddenly leaping up even higher than Moth was hovering. She certainly wasn't normal. Once just over Moth, she throws a shuriken at his wing-pack and he lands when it deactivates. "So now I'll have to kill a bat and a bug...not at all what I expected. Then again, I could probably find a bug zapper that big. I hear Gotham Stadium is lovely this time of year."

She then charges toward Batman and grabs Moth as he tries to tackle her from the side. She then throws him at the bat but he rights himself and slides to a stop on his feet before ever reaching him. "Hey, Batsy, I've been practicing."
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:45 am

"Stay back or I'll put you down first.", Batman says dodging incoming shurikens before dashing towards the ninja throwing smoke pellets once they got close, releasing a thick cloud of smoke around them. He could see her clearly, though.

Batman tackles the ninja from behind,
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:55 am

The ninja drops to the rooftop floor easily and laugh to herself. "Cute," she says. "Do you have a crush on me already?" She then forces herself back up with Batman still on her then grabs him and throws him over her head.

Moth dashes in a tackles her next. "Babe, do us all a favor and hold still," he says. The ninja then struggles to get out of his grip. "Stronger than I look. But then again, so are you. Guess I'm just stronger."

"You're also an unfunny idiot. Please, do leave the banter to those suited for it," the ninja says as she forces herself back and forces both Moth and herself to the ground, rolling out of Moth's grip as they impact. She then gets up and looks about for Batman. "I can hear your heartbeat, through that suit, Batman." She then turns her head. "You think the night is your friend? Invalid. The night is a selective mistress and she only pairs herself with those worthy of her. You, my friend," she says, turning around and throwing an explosive dagger in the hiding Batman's direction. "Are old news."

Moth picks up his cocoon gun and shoots the dagger out of the air, compressing the explosion in the super-dense thread. "I'm kinda tired of you ignoring me, doll?"
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 am

"Funny. I thought that meant being a legend.", his voice says, "betraying" his new hiding location. "Perhaps I should be like you, augment my capabilities artificially.", his voice whispers, sounding close to her. "How does he know? Your heart betrays you, as well."

A pair of batarangs fly towards the ninja from the side as a hookshot launches out at her, wrapping around her and pulling the ninja at the electrified batarangs.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 am

The ninja's perception again kicks in and she flips out of harm's way, yanking the bat-claw from Batman by the cable then breaking it. Her eyes turn to a yellow color and she looks all around. "I see you," she sings, preparing to throw her sword at him when Moth grabs her hand from behind. She then flips back and lands on Moth's shoulders, bringing him back to the ground then stomping on his helmet. "You really ought to know you're outclassed by all parties here tonight." As she turns around to look again for Batman, she sees through the darkness at his silhouette before her sixth sense alerts her again and she abruptly lunges out of the way as Moth attacks. She blocks him at every turn before kicking his helmet away. "I've never seen a man so ugly in all my days."

"Keep talkin', babe. Batman's still behind you."

"I know." She then steps aside as a batarang flies into Moth and shocks him, causing him to accidentally pull the trigger on his weapon which fires. The ninja's inhuman reflex kicks in but she's too close and she's throw back.

Moth gets up a minute later and looks over his shoulder to find the ninja on the rooftop floor, bleeding profusely as the impact had caused her to become impaled on her own sword. "Ah crap," Moth says as he draws closer to her. She lies there unmoving. "Man, she's..."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 am

The instant Moth gets over the ninja, her eyes refocus and she springs up, staring into his. Moth yells in pain for a moment then, when he has a chance to gather himself, he sees the ninja standing before him with her mask pulled away. She held her wound and in staring into her eyes, he felt a sort of peace. She then smiles and kisses him. Suddenly his skins begins to turn pale and his veins begin to show, turning red as his eyes widen and yet he can't remove himself from her. When at last she's done, she wipes her mouth and removes her hand from where her wound had been. "Your wish is granted, Batman. You won't have to worry about the pest any longer. I shall meet you again for a rematch some other time." She then turns and faces him, staring into his eyes as he glides toward her and in what felt like an instant, he was on the roof and she had disappeared. It was a trance. She'd caused him to black out and now she was gone. Moth lies there on the rooftop, if at all still alive, it wasn't by much.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 am

Batman got beamed up together with the weakened Moth who got sent directly to the medical lab. The Dark Knight himself stood there at the mainhub, not saying anything. He didn't have any words for the disappointment and the irritable taste this experience left in his mouth. It was almost like Clue again, but even that was a painful reminder of how unstable his mind was. He couldn't accept failure, and he couldn't accept letting people down yet it still happened.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 am

Hours pass and eventually Wonder-Girl emerges from med-bay with the doctors and shakes her head. "Batman," she says to him, "This was not your fault," she says. You do know this?"
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 am

He doesn't say anything for a few seconds until he starts to away from her. "Don't try and comfort me.", Batman says. "I know what I did.", he says and walks off before finally beaming down to his cave. He turns off his com radio and gps before getting out of the suit.

Derek takes a long shower and ends up staring at himself in the mirror, contemplating something. He didn't want to be at that point in his life again, not after having received acceptance from Wayne in keeping the title as the Dark Knight. Not after getting somewhere with Lorelei. Not after progressing with Brass...

Not after getting Moth killed.

There it was again.

Angrily, he slams his fist in the mirror and shatters it, shards falling down, blood dripping down the drain. "You stupid son of a bitch.", Derek mutters. He stares at nothing before the red color comes back into view and focuses on his blood. Red. Blood. That's right!

Getting dressed quickly he hurries out to the cave and grabs his pair of boots for the suit, checking them for something in particular. Blood. He runs to the computer and spends an hour analyzing the DNA from when he had stepped onto the pool of blood of the mysterious ninja.

It all made sense now. Comparing certain traces and factors he found that the Lazarus compound had similar qualities. Perhaps she had used the pit and disobeyed her master or mistress' order, therefor getting exiled. But it didn't explain her other abilities, there was something else to it, something he would have to spend another hour analyzing.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:21 am

Angelica stands at the entrance to the cave. "I heard about what happened. That idiot..." She then approaches the computer. "Are you gonna let me help or is this one of those 'I need to do this alone' moments?" As disturbed as she was, Angelica didn't lack the capacity to be understanding when it mattered.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:27 am

Derek stops typing and turns around to face his sister. He looks down for a moment and then meets her gaze again. "I need your help. Both yours and Lorelei's. But I'm going alone, and I'm not sure when I'll get back, or if coming back will become an option. I need direct contact with The League of Shadows."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 am

"The League of...Derek, one assassin is manageable but going after the entire cult is, well, in a word...insane." She pauses for a moment and sighs. "Fine. Just tell me what you need me to do but Lorelei still needs her rest and I have to keep an eye on her. She's come down with that same illness that's been spreading across Gotham. I checked her out earlier and so far it just looks like a cold but I'll keep an eye out. You're sure about involving her in this? There's no guarantee we'll get her back again if she...well...you know."
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 am

"Don't say it.", Derek says and then sighs. "Fine. Don't involve her. If you have time, I want you to continue analyzing the blood I found. Maybe there's something useful in it. Take a blood sample from Lorelei, too, and dig away at what the sickness might be. I... I just need to find out the secret behind this assassin. Alright? I need to know, otherwise I might never find rest in this issue."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:55 am

"I'll get right one that...and what are you going to do?" Angelica asks.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:01 am

"Knock down Delilah's front door and demand answers.", Derek tells her. "I know where to find them, and I'm sure what I know will get Delilah interested."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 am

Angelica sits at the computer and looks over her shoulder at Derek. Before long she was running several scans on the blood samples. She was a hacker. This definitely wasn't her specialty but she'd do what she could.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:16 am

"Thank you, Angelica. See you in a few days.", Derek says grabbing a large, hefty bag before leaving the cave. This time, for his family's sake, he'd try and return home as soon as he'd found his answers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Bane enters Gotham smiling "so this is home to the bat yes?" he asks the terrifed driver who he has made his hostage who only nods "good" he says before snapping the mans neck "your services are no longer required"
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:40 pm

ShineyMan wrote:
"Thank you, Angelica. See you in a few days.", Derek says grabbing a large, hefty bag before leaving the cave. This time, for his family's sake, he'd try and return home as soon as he'd found his answers.

Angelica continues to analyze the samples as best she can. Meanwhile, the assassin stands alone on a Gotham City rooftop and sees a woman being mugged in an alley below. Scum, all of them. Was she still obligated to wipe out the lowliest of mankind? Perhaps not. But she did enjoy toying with people. She then pulls the mask back over her face and lands in the alley behind the mugger. Tonight would be fun.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 pm

The Martian had tracked down the assassin and remained watching.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 am

The woman escapes from the alley way as the assassin allows it. She continues to hold up the thief by the neck, her head tilted. "You really do need to learn how to treat a lady," she says, her sword in her other hand.

Angelica runs several tests on the ninja's blood sample to try and isolate anything off with the Lazarus in her blood but she couldn't find anything. And she comes to the same issue when analyzing Lorelei's. No anomalies detected. She sits back in the seat in the cave. "Okay. Maybe it really is just some bug going around. All that cold isn't health. But this Lazarus thing is..." She then gets changed. "Bat-Girl to Watchtower, bring me up."
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 am

"Patching through, beaming you up remotely. Got my hands full.", Martian says beaming Bat-Girl up before shapeshifting, hurrying down to the assassin and the thief.

"Oh man, what a scoop!", a dark haired man says aloud a few feet away, holding a camera up to take a picture.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Universe- 2100
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next