Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars: A New Dawn

Go down 
+2
Ink
Mellicious
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Star Wars: A New Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 am

Star Wars: A New Dawn Sw-logo_featured

A NEW DAWN 

It is a period of struggle in the galaxy. It has been 3 years since the Emperor and Darth Vader have perished and the second DEATH STAR was destroyed during the Battle of Endor. The Rebel Alliance has become a new Republic and has liberated Coruscant. The Republic is still at war with the Galactic Empire's remaining forces throughout the galaxy, the Galactic Civil War is not yet over.

LUKE SKYWALKER has established a New Jedi Order headquartered on Yavin IV. There a new generation of Jedi Knights train to protect the galaxy from the Dark Side and other enemies of peace.

Various factions vie for power in this chaotic time, the Republic fights for freedom for all while the Empire tries to maintain it's hold on the galaxy. Yet another force is at work, the Mandalorians have grown in power and use the chaos to seek out new glorious battles...

---------

Yavin IV, The Jedi Praxeum 

A YT-2000 Light Freighter, the Katari flew in towards the large Great Temple that served as the new Jedi Order's headquarters. It did a fly by before landing within the large hangar bay on the temple. 

The Katari lowered it's access ramp and down walked an older man, a Jedi Master by the name of Davik Tay'lon. He was the Jedi Order's battlemaster, the man responsible for teaching new Jedi how to handle a lightsaber. He smiled a little seeing Grand Master Luke Skywalker awaiting him.

"Master Skywalker." Davik said walking up and shaking his hands.

"Master Tay'lon, how did the mission to Vandyne fare? We lost communications with you." Luke said.

"It went well, that is until the Mandalorians arrived." Davik said. "They hit the planet in force and overwhelmed the small diplomatic fleet we sent. Six assault frigates and one carrier weren't beating fifteen Mandalorian destroyers and two battleships. I did what I could but when the Mandalorians brought in an Assault Carrier it was all over."

Luke sighed and rubbed his forehead. "How did the Mandalorians gather such forces so quickly...they've been beating us and the Empire off worlds for two months now."

"I'm not sure, but with Vandyne falling it's only a matter of time before Celanon and Junction fall as well, and then you know where they'll attack next." Davik said.

"Here." Luke agreed. "I'll ask the Chancellor if they can spare more forces to help protect the temple."

Davik sighed. "I would move the Order, Grand Master. To Ossus, or possibly even Coruscant. Both worlds had Jedi academies and Temples established on them." Davik said. "There are too few experienced Knights and Masters here to make a viable stand against the Mandalorians."

Luke nodded. "I understand your concerns Master Tay'lon but we can't move, we have to hold our ground here. Moving would just invite the Mandalorians to hit this region of Republic space. We'll get reinforced with more Republic soldiers and a larger fleet."

Davik nodded. "As you wish Grand Master. Now enough of this gloomy talk, I have a class to teach, shall you join me? I'm teaching Form II today, Makashi."

Luke smiled. "You never give up do you?"

"No Master I don't. You're good with a saber I'll give you that but Djem So is not Makashi. You still need to be able to finesse an opponent wielding a lightsaber." Davik said.

"Alright you win, count me among your students today." Luke smiled.

Davik grinned and patted the younger Jedi on the back. Splendid!" He said as the pair walked off.  
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:17 pm

"Cindel?" came a female voice and Leia turned the corner surprised to see them, "Davik? It's good to have you back. Maybe you can pull some of our jedi students into line. Cindel's not even mine to look after, the reason I have is because the poor little girl has lost her entire family. I can relate to that... but she's run off claiming there's this animal that needs her. She can't keep running off during her lessons. And if Jedi Tacken would finally accept the request for her to take a padawan there would be less students waiting to be tutored."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:53 pm

Luke sighed and shook his head. "Where has she run off to?"
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:48 am

"Don't worry Luke, cindal I can find," Leia smiled, "I would be having a chat to tacken. We all have to step up. It's like you and I are the rare older ones and we can probably only teach a handful at a time. More and more children are being identified with having strong gifts to become Jedis like us.

Just think if obi wan and yoda hadn't taught you, do you think you would had made it this far?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:53 am

"If Jedi does not wish to take a Padawan that is there choice Leia." Luke said. "Some Jedi don't feel the need to take on an apprentice, and forcing them to would only harm the Padawan and hamper their training."

Davik nodded. "If Tacken doesn't wish to take Cindel under her wing, perhaps Ford will?"
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:17 am

"I know that Luke and I'm... I'm just worried," Leia replied, "we fought hard to tell these kids that there's a good future out there and I want them to do so well.

I'm also really cautious of her, there's barely any knowledge of who she is. She just suddenly came announcing to us that she's a Jedi knight ready to take her trials and has shown remarkable skills during classes. Though I keep feeling that there's something she's holding back. It's a weigh on her shoulders that a Jedi shouldn't hold on to. You taught me to be without stress."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:27 am

"I have been keeping an eye on her do not worry." Luke said. "If I sensed a larger problem I would act, but I cannot intrude on her personal life."

"She may be having trouble adjusting, this order has it's differences from the old. It took me some time to adjust, she may just have her own set of adjustments to make." Davik said.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:36 pm

"Found her," a young bit called out and Leia apologised before heading in the direction, "find me later?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:41 pm

"I will." Luke said.

Davik nodded. "To my lessons then." He said heading off to the upper level.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:42 am

Nerri was in an empty dark room practising some moves with her new lightsaber. She always viewed them as being different from each other, none the same.

"I believe you're correct," came a voice across the room.
"Go away old man."
"Old man? That's not polite nerrily..."
"Its nerri. Was I meant to call you something else? My apologies... Master kenobi... How wonderful it is that you interrupt my practise with your words of wisdom."
"Because you already think you're great due to sharing the powers of a Jedi master? Carrying a inherited gift doesn't make someone instantly great, even though I was. You would succeed much more if you let go of your frustration."

Nerri strode towards the doors before turning, "you might've achieved more if you had been the one to tell me the truth," and opened them to see luke and davik.

"Need a room to hold lessons? You can have this one, it comes with a free ghost."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 am

Davik looked at her. "I see, I am holding saber lessons though. Care to join us?"
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:31 pm

"I would welcome the opportunity," Nerri replied grateful, "There's a move I can't seem to make flow. I won't always be combating a person that comes from the front, and the opponent might be two people or in the case of a Sith, may have a double lightsaber. I tend to start off with a signature high strike that leaves me vulnerable low and from behind."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Davik nodded. "A high strike will do that, which form do you prefer to use?"
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:08 pm

"I know most forms, I usually open in Djem So's attack stance giving the impression to the opponent that I'm good, then once the opponent is taken back they usually will slip into Ataru if they know it, and I take up Soresu or Niman, depending on who I'm up against. The last thing I want is to beat the lower level opponent, usually the padawans by using all these fancy tricks and defeat them quickly and make them look weak.

Which do you prefer and I'll adapt to it?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Davik smiled. "Makashi, and good luck." He said walking out onto the floor.

Luke smiled. "This should be interesting."
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:51 am

Nerri smiled, she didn't mind makashi. She would take the defence would some time though, she always preferred to launch into an attack. Then again this was just practise and she was calm despite obiwan disputing it.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 am

Davik used the force to pull two training light sabers from rack over to them and he tossed her one as he ignited his.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:59 am

Nerri caught it and activated as she twirled it to get a feel of it and see the colour. She let out a sigh of relief and told him purple was at least a better colour for her than pink.

As she told davik, djem so was her opening signature move but she held back on telling him that she had others when she is really in combat.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:06 am

Davik smiled a little and gripped his saber before coming at her with more speed than even Luke had, he opened not in Makashi but in a fluid Ataru attack, coming at her from the air with a whirlwind slash.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:33 am

Nerri was taken by surprise but did little to show it moving to Fluid Riposte without hesistation blocking his move and adding a counterattack and the lightsaber a clashed together closely twice, before she retreated back.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 am

Davik smirked and moved in at her again, this time with a flurry of Vaapad strikes before switching flawlessly to Makashi delivering a series of pinpoint strikes at her.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:01 am

Nerri managed to block each one and occasionally moved so it would slip her. The switch between moves summoned up a level of challenge and she forgot her surroundings and that this was only practise launching her own counterattack with a bit of intensity, a move of juyo that was not taught after order 66 and no Jedi passed the skills on because most Jedi had retreated into hiding and even if she had been taught at the academy it wasn't a move that was on the training manuals.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:17 am

Davik smirked and parried the blow, he relished this duel, it had been a long time since he'd had a good fight. He moved back and dodged her next attack before coming in with a slash but as she went to parry he turned his saber off which made her hit nothing, he reignited his saber and was inside her defenses and he lightly tapped her on the shoulder with his training saber, shocking her.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:28 am

Nerri cried out as his lightsaber managed to come into contact with her shoulder. It should've been enough to make her retreat off her attack and she went to do so before noticing an area where she could get to him from and went low but aimed her lightsaber high going for another illegal move due to its violent and away to the dark side and is often considered as a kill strike used by siths. As she came close at him she snapped to and dropped the lightsaber quickly going to her knees.

"I'm sorry... I'm really sorry."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 11:31 am

Davik turned his saber off, he'd already moved out the way, reading her movements. He was after all the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order.

"Be sorry for nothing. You merely used Vaapad, a form I was taught by Master Windu and a form I myself mastered and use." Davik said extending his hand. "You just need some more time and guidance with it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: A New Dawn
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next