Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talk Lounge March/April/may

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Got an idea for a navy/ air force type rpg after watching Battleship. No...not the part about aliens just the part about military itself.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:00 pm

What's the idea? Battleship was a pretty good movie.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:56 pm

KariganGladheon wrote:

I brought that already... sadly I've been transformed into a Twifan... who to blame???

Now wait just a minute. You can't blame me. I hate those movies XD
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Just a quick update before bed
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Twi wrote:
KariganGladheon wrote:

I brought that already... sadly I've been transformed into a Twifan... who to blame???

Now wait just a minute. You can't blame me. I hate those movies XD

No...no I blame a young girl estastic over the films... and I won't even say what else she got me to see... sadly it was like babysitting a toddler... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:08 pm

well... a mixture of what we're doing in contact mixed with modern military stuff. I also loved Top Gun, Sea Patrol. Shore missions, some flight action etc...
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:58 am

Leaving a short update. Have to get up early tomorrow. See ya
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:10 am

Alright man have a good one.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Hey Very Happy I'm actually here... here. Very Happy

maybe the plot could begin with the Nth Korea war that may happen? It's just that I've been watching that show Last Resort, and can see why it was axed so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm heading off, gotta work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Aww... it was good having some time to rpg with you though.

If we were to do a modern day rpg it would be really cool, it gives us a chance to be as normal we can. Iphones, guns... modern technology Very Happy

Deciding between army, air force or navy... I can't but if it was something where the U.S called on troops from army, air force and navy to be assigned on a brand new carrier, based in Hawaii we could do some off duty stories and love under the sun on the beach.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Could simply do it like Battleship, our characters focused on the crew of a US Destroyer, Carrier, or Submarine based at Pearl Harbor.

If we wanted to have grunts, there's a Marine Corps base on O'ahu.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Well the characters can be marine type on shore missions but it could be that we mention different aspects. Have different characters back on Hawaii in different military groups. We might have relationships with the locals.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:14 pm

I think the easiest way to do it would be to either focus on one branch of the military and if we want to we can have other characters from other branches pop in from time to time.

Hawaii has three military bases on O'ahu that I know of; Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Kaneohe Marine Base, and Hickam Air Force Base.

It all depends on what the focus of the RPG is, what kind of direction would you like to take it in?
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:16 pm

My idea is that our characters are being brought together to become the new team on board the brand newest ship- (true name- USS Enterprise) to defend the Pacific from a bigger war than we are facing. Due to true facts that Enterprise is being released in 2020, I'm thinking of the idea being that we're in a massive war with North Korea and maybe the Middle East or another country. The war can be fictional, plus the way we live can be fictional.

By then I would assume there would be:

[list][*]I-phone 20 and Windows 20
[*]High-Definition televisions are replaced with something even better than 3D and Blu-Ray
[*]video games are truly life like
[*]Highly flexible touch sensors are appearing in a range of gadgets
[*] Launch of the PS 20 and Xbox 2020
[*] Most telephone calls are made via the Internet now

Or we can make it as realistic with our current way of life, president and prime ministers, and technology, but using the great name of the Enterprise.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:00 am

The current USS Enterprise (CVN-65) was recently decommissioned so we'd had to be on the new Gerald. R Ford-Class USS Enterprise (CVN-80) which will be in operation in 2025.

I like the near future setting better anyways, and I like you idea about the war. Maybe this can be the storyline, after Obama's second turn a new president was elected and he began to shift the US back from the far left. The US economy has started to recover slowly and the US has become energy independent by drilling for Oil in the Alaskan wilderness and by reopening off shore oil rigs that are fail proof so that another oil spill like we had won't happen again.

However, while the US is beginning to recover and prosper again North Korea has been preparing for war. Kim Jong Un has enacted a major military build up drawing the attention of both the United States and China. South Korea and the North Korea have been in a large standoff since 2020 with war just a pin drop away.

So the RPG could start during peace time then the war kicks off and our characters on the USS Enterprise are sent to fight the war.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:01 am

Sounds cool.

Sorry if I'm slow. Working on Scar bios. Need to establish who John is, if the squad has connection to his name, etc.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:07 am

I might make him a former Paramilitary officer for the SAD
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:09 am

It's all good I spent like three hours last night making bios ad putting up info for the big three monsters lol.

I like that idea of him being from the Special Activities Division.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 am

Sorry I wasn't on then, different time zones, haha. Good work, man.

Yeah, I want him to have something off about him, something that explains his secrecy.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:25 am

It's all good haha, I was doing it before I went to bed anyways. All the typing and reading helped make my eyes tired!

Well being part of the CIA's dark and secret division gives that feel off for sure haha
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:27 am

It's just good planning, then!

True, haha. I want him to seem a bit damaged as well, in a way so that all of the supernatural stuff doesn't seem to affect him at all.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:39 am

How about we add Ghouls?
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:41 am

Or well, I guess we have zombies already. What about something like ghosts or spirits?
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:42 am

A ghul is also a desert-dwelling, shapeshifting, evil demon that can assume the guise of an animal, especially a hyena. It lures unwary people into the desert wastes or abandoned places to slay and devour them. The creature also preys on young children, drinks blood, steals coins, and eats the dead,[6] then taking the form of the person most recently eaten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge March/April/may   Talk Lounge March/April/may - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk Lounge March/April/may
Page 10 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next