Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to 2016

Go down 
+3
Chronicler
EonArashi
winterprince
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 8:58 am

Agreed. Of course I have reason to be biased. But still. I just find it funny because one of the most undeniably badass characters of the original trilogy was Leia and here people are all butthurt over the idea that a chick can kick ass. Truly they don't know anything of the franchise they're whining about.

Ip Man is life.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:43 pm

I don't know what man doesn't wanna watch a beautiful woman tear up some Stormtroopers with a lightsaber or blaster. I mean that's just badass.

Watching him go all blind monk of death on the Stormies in the trailer was too cool. Made me wanna rewatch all the Ip Man movies again.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 12:37 am

Excited for Rogue One, looks amazing. So glad to be getting another Star Wars so soon after the last.

Afflek is going to be returning as Batman in the Suicide Squad movie and a solo movie which by the way he is also directing.

My comic guy wasn't sure about Eisenburg as Lex either but he actually enjoyed his portrayal, thought all the issues people had with him were from the few quotes from the trailers taken out of context. Also has a theory that Lex was being controlled, which makes some sense. Would explain his understanding of how to work the Kryptonian ship and a few other things.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 12:54 am

Girl power it seems lol!
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 1:18 am

Yeah I'm looking forward to Affleck's solo Batman movie, his love for the character had me sold on him from day one.

Yeah female leads are starting to take power and I like it, Katniss, Wonder Woman, Rey Kenobi/Skywalker/Palpatine, etc. Loving it though I do like badass warrior guys too ha.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 10:34 am

Dunno how I feel when it comes to katniss and Wonder Woman. I like girl power but I don't like it when there's little warmth from them. With Wonder Woman I'm more a fan of the retro ww with Linda carter. She kicked ass with a smile and was kind to people not an ass or birch.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 1:59 am

In other words, you like Post Crisis Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman as she's SUPPOSED to be. That only went away around 2012 when the New 52 went and made her an ice queen. Wonder Woman's always been known most for the depth of her compassion and content of her character until then. A woman who CAN kick your ass, but would much rather try to turn enemy to ally.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 11:01 am

Yes to all that lol!
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Just saw Civil War in the theaters last night and boy is that movie spectacular. The fight scenes are spot on and the air port scene will leave you in wonder! I think they managed to get everybody's motivations across rather well in this movie, some more than others, but the Russo's balanced it out quite well. You're all gonna love Tom Holland's performance as Spidey, I guarantee that. I do have qualms about it, but I'd rather wait to talk about it with you guys after you've seen it.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:54 pm

I am so excited for this movie man, I can't wait to see it and nerd out on here with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 10:26 am

Still more nervous than excited. But here's hoping I like it as much as everyone else. Having the mind frame of "The comic was god awful" does still paint things a little.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 12:48 pm

Going to see it the weekend after it opens here.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 11:39 pm

I saw it and it's really awesome. I have a few eurghs about it, mostly once again if it were two women fighting it would've been sorted out quicker much like batman vs superman haha
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 8:40 am

There are similarities to the comic books, but they are very few and vague. What about the comic book made it god awful for you, Ink?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 10:40 am

Considering that Black Widow and Scarlet Witch were on opposing sides... I doubt that, highly. This is a more volatile issue than "I don't like you so I therefore must attempt to kill you *ahemBatmanahem*

It was a textbook example of characters being dragged around by the plot, rather than the other way around. Setting aside that many of those characters wouldn't have at all acted in the way they did, everyone in it was an idiot or a mustache twirling caricature... everyone... on both sides. That comic is point blank the reason I've never liked Maria Hill. She was SUUUCH a b****. In other stuff you could at least get WHY she was such a b****. There she was just one because reasons. Which brings up the point of them clearly not knowing how to portray both sides of a conflict sympathetically. When it was about Cap's side, Iron Man's side was written as flat out villains. When it was about Iron Man's side, they did the same with Cap. But setting that aside as well... it was literally nothing we hadn't already seen done a thousand times better with the X-Men... Superhuman Registration Act... gee, that sounds familiar (though at the same time I also have always maintained that however awesome they are, they X-Men don't really fit that well with the rest of the MU). But even ignoring that... the political commentary was just... just weak. I mean, the surveillance and privacy stuff was fine, I guess, but the whole bit about superheroes working for the government somehow being an answer to collateral damage is just... it's NOT a good enough reason. Especially since the Avengers have a well established history of working with the government very closely through liaisons and, lo and behold, Ultron still obliterated a country, Kang still blew up Washington, and Doom's still taken over the world... several times. The surveillance thing was honestly good enough. The whole "superheroes work for shield now" thing was just... lame. But they did that because without that element, there'd have been no reason for them to get into a fight in the first place. And, of course, the story was riddled with plotholes and more or less ruined the Spidey comics for a few years after... which they only made worst with OMD and OMIT. It's gladly better, now, but yeah. The thing was really just a mess.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 6:54 am

*shudder* One More Day...

Well, I see all of your points, but in the case of the MCU I think it's important to consider that they have always differentiated themselves from comic book history in a lot of ways, whether it's for better or worse in anyone's opinion. So, I'm not gonna say anything else about the movie, but I'll be interested to hear what you thought about it and the same goes for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 11:40 am

I actually just got back from it. All worries alleviated. That. Was Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

It's now forgotten about for me lol, I'm really excited for xmen
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:22 am

Told you! That's how you do a movie with a bunch of characters! You write them into the plot!

I've heard mixed things already about X-Men Apocalypse, but I've also heard quite a few positive things so I'm just gonna jump into it with a clear head.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 7:04 am

Well there's that, plus the fact that unlike the comic, the movie didn't have its head up its ass.

Honestly, as long it isn't a train wreck, I'm okay. Considering I've never loved an X-Men movie, and just kinda liked two of them at best, I'll just go with the same mindset I usually do.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 7:10 am

CIVIL WAR WAS AWESOME

Spider-Man, dude Holland is gonna be great in the role.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Yeah, Holland definitely killed it. I loved his interactions with these different heroes and some of them that he looks up to, Tony Stark specifically.

I gotcha. I'm really looking forward to seeing Oscar Isaac's performance most of all with that movie.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 12:22 am

Finally someone that agrees with me. The xmen movies weren't dreadful like people say they were but they also weren't fabulous. I'm really hoping that this new movie makes me at least left againg oh what a good portrayal of the characters
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:17 am

A newbie! It's a newbie! We've got a newbie and I don't know why and I also know it's not my birthday Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 671384
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Awesome sauce, another person we can torment lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to 2016
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Lounge Room :: Social Room-
Jump to: