Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to 2016

Go down 
+3
Chronicler
EonArashi
winterprince
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 3:16 am

Batman's always been something of an ass. And he's usually pretty cold towards Superman. The issue was that he was essentially a raving lunatic, a moron, and a bloody MURDERER in this. Considering his whole objective is killing Superman, who he KNOWS isn't currently evil. There's literally no way Batman isn't a villain in this, despite what the fanboys would have everyone believe.

In fairness, the Civil War comic didn't make us love anyone. Everyone in that comic was an asshole or an idiot.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 4:28 am

Yeah Tony was a prick in Civil War especially so hey, they're being true to the source material haha

Yeah what should have happened in BvS was Luthor (should have been recast in my opinion) and Bruce should have been working together to rebuild metropolis and develop a counter measure to stop Superman should he go rogue. (Metallo would have been pretty simple, use the Kryptonite found in the Indian Ocean and adapt the Kryptonian AI into robotic body capable of holding up against Superman.) Then Wonder Woman could have essentially her same arc, coming into town to look into Lex for the info he discovered about her and other Metas.

Lex could unleash Metallo in some scheme to make Superman look bad and Bruce could be like "Oh crap I helped build that..." and go help stop the machine along with Wonder Woman. THus the Trinity battles Metallo and saves the day. Granted it's not Batman vs Superman but it's what I would have done.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 6:03 am

I'd say that Bruce Wayne's motivation was fairly clear, at least compared to Luthor's. I guess they could've been trying to paint Batman as a broken down man who has forsaken his 'code', probably because of the previous Robin getting killed by the Joker. Hey, maybe Batman finally snapped and decided to off the Joker, too? It's a story that's been told before, but I agree that it's difficult to find him likeable when he does act like a lunatic in this movie. And his reasoning for wanting to kill Superman, I mean, I get the gist but I don't think it's bad because it's vague; I think it's bad because the reasoning is weak and much like a lot of stuff in this movie, as well as the reason for why he kills, isn't delved into deeper.

Something that bothers me is that Snyder took a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns with this version of Batman, however, I remember distinctly that version of Batman looking down on guns and refusing to use them. Heck, his Bat Tank used frickin' rubber bullets, didn't it?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 6:39 am

Yes it did!
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 7:01 am

Whew, okay... Well, I did like a lot of the performances in the movie, though. Nothing outstanding, but mostly solid. Aside from Eisenberg.

Anywho, heading to bed. Work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:12 am

The movie was the Dark Night Returns and Death of Superman combined. Luther was a joke to me, he played him almost like the Joker. Luther to me isn't a maniach, sociopath or psycho, he is a power hungry individual trying to make the world a better who isn't necessarily evil but his actions to accomplish his goals are questionable.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:47 am

With all the Alice in Wonderland references he kept using I almost thought Eisenburg was playing the Mad Hatter

and I don't like the whole "Well he could be playing Lex Luthor's son" fan theory either.

Movie to me was wasted potential with some REALLY cool parts in it.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am

Dude... that Russian could EASILY have been made into Metallo. That would've been PERFECT.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 2:53 am

I think everybody went apeshit over Jesse playing Lex Luthor and seeing his portrayal in the trailers, so because of that they probably did some post editing and had a few lines that referred to him as Alexander and mentioned his 'father' or whatever. Which is why occasionally they call 'Alexander' Lex in the movie.'

Oh, and by the way, did you guys catch that Jimmy Olsen was that guy who went with Lois to the desert with a tracking device inside his camera?
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 3:38 am

Either way, the whole movie is a mess. I really like the Batman stuff in it and Wonder Woman, too, but everything's so convoluted and wrapped up in itself that I just get depressed thinking about how to make sense of it.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 3:45 am

Yeah the movie to me was wasted potential with some awesome spots in it. I had much higher expectations for Batman vs Superman but alas Synder and his visuals happened.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 4:11 am

Yeah. I could definitely go for a solo Batman movie directed by Affleck, though.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 6:50 am

Either by Affleck or Kevin Smith, I loved his movie Red State and his love for all things Batman would give me great confidence, especially if Affleck was Batman in that too.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 12:31 pm

As much as I'd love to see that, in the Kevin Smith vein it could be something of a double-edged sword. I have the utmost confidence in him, but over-appreciation can shine through in stuff as much as under-appreciation. As long as he knows what to highlight and what not to, I think that'd be awesome. I do think Affleck really does want to bring out a truly awesome Batman to us and the largest problem with this script really had nothing to do with him. It was just that it was terribly written.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Funny how the russian was Callan Mulvey, and he didn't do the greatest job at masking out his Aussie accent even though he was born in NZ.

Yep I agree, Lex was dreadful, the best at the role was Michael Rosenblaun
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:47 am

Just so we know, I won't have any breathing room 'til about Thursday so that's the next time I'll be able to post.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:21 am

Having it stressful here myself. Sorry for not posting as much.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:55 am

Everything alright man?
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 4:43 am

Just work being a pain and a lot of overtime. Don't sleep well.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 6:16 am

Same here, really. Plus school.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 am

I hear that for both you guys. Work is hell sometimes.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:28 am

Not sure if we've talked about it yet but how about that Rogue One trailer guys?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:36 am

I dug it. I find the whining over another female protagonist to be amusing.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 1:37 am

I find another female protagonist awesome sauce, we had Luke and Anakin, I'm totally cool with Rey and Jyn.

Besides freaking Ip Man is in the movie too people need to chill ha
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 6:16 am

Yeah, I think another female protagonist is pretty neat and also healthy for mainstream cinema as it currently stands.

Awww yeah, Donnie Yen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to 2016
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Lounge Room :: Social Room-
Jump to: