Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

submissions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:24 pm

*An idea of Toxins.*

The year is 2082 and the greatest discovery of mankind has been found on Mars.The discovery resembled a ship but nothing like it had ever been seen before,because of this Human techonogy jumped forward by 300 years.Colonistion of the Moon or Luna as it was renamed,Mars,Jupiters moon Titan have been completed.First contact with alien speices has not happened yet however resently strange Audio comms suggests that they are out there and are trying to talk to us.

A ship the most advanced one ever built with over 350 of some of the best Human soilders,diplomats,doctors,engineers and pliots as its crew are ready and trained for almost anything........or so they think?.While not seeking war they are ready for it reguardless but wish to find their place in the galaxy

Most of the game will take place on the ship unless docked on a planet.Aliens will be added later and all of them react differently but a majority of alien races are a member of a Galactic Council however some are not (like the U.N there are 'rogue' states) and we go from there adding members or killing them off.We 'roll' with it so to speak dealing with new races and new planets,plus with the Council which would avoid war if at all possible with each player having a council or rogue race as well as characters

what ya think we can add to it?
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm actually considering a remade Starship Troopers rpg, I loved the old one but it died after a bit.

I'd be happy to replace it with my former Stargate idea.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Professional Member
Professional Member
Soul

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:34 am

I was thinking maybe Marvel Civil War rpg? I didn't get the chance to read a whole lot of those comics...mostly because when it came out I didn't read comics and didn't know it existed but now that I'm into them, I've been catching up though still missing alot. Though to make up for this maybe instead of using all the Marvel Characters we could make our own or something? Just a thought. What I've read so far, Marvel Civil War is probably my favorite event...then maybe Siege and Secret Invasion right after that.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 am

Yeah Civil War was awesome, if Mel doesn't make it there's some other good RPGs on here you can join and make your own characters.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 am

sounds like the same idea as what nomad was over on my site. that didn't really get anywhere.

A stargate one would be interesting, but again not sure it would last. rpgs based on shows or movies tend to die out quickly.

Civil War was good, not sure how it'd do as an rpg though.

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 am

I've always have loved Stargate. And Pryde's right, when you're basing things from a movie or television show, you want to keep so close to the stories and structure of the show, that trying to create your own becomes quite hard. It could only be done if we completely made it our own rpg. but then like with Nomad and other war rpgs, who controls the story?
Back to top Go down
Soul
Professional Member
Professional Member
Soul

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:17 am

Actually I've done so several times on several sites and they worked out fine. But if you say so.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 am

I'm up for a challenge with Stargate. It always holds an interest with us and that's essential for an rpg to maintain its strength. Plus it doesn't have too much a box that we have to stay inside of, it can be completely different to the shows.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Professional Member
Professional Member
Soul

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:32 am

Yeah, I don't watch TV very often anymore other than cartoons i.e Avengers: EMH so you're going to have to help me out...what is Stargate?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 am

Well I think War of Ages on Pryde's site can go on long, we just need to take turns on conflicts, I started it up and have a decent plot going. Just throwing my two cents in.

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:45 am

Boys always like war stuff Laughing but you'll have to provide me an rpg that I can get myself in on flower
Back to top Go down
Soul
Professional Member
Professional Member
Soul

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:48 am

Yeah New here whataya like? I'm pretty sure I can think of SOMETHING.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:50 am

I'm just saying Mel, a war-themed RPG can work. Demon's Kingdom on Pryde's site went on forever, I attribute Nomad failing to Toxin never being on, that was his baby.

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 am

Nomad...war? hmm i suppose it was... more Science-fiction war Very Happy I don't go for the real war ones with the tankers, soldiers and guns.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 am

we could try a Civil War rpg, my only concern is that after awhile heros fighting heroes will begin to get old and boring. If we were to combine the different themes that followed CW it could last longer. Pick up on the idea of some people not wanting to reveal thier identities because they're afraid that their enemies will go after those close to them, the idea of villians registering just to get the oppurtunity to go after heroes without worrying about any repricussions, the idea of the public rejecting any hero that doesn't register,... then maybe go into Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Siege and the Heroic Age

Stargate was orginally a movie followed by three different series and a cartoon. The one thing that was constant was a team of explorers traveling through stargates- gateways to other planets, galaxies and universes. They would come in contact with different threats, the main one for the longest time was the Gould, a race whose leaders took names of Egyption gods. Other threats included the Wraith (a race of aliens that fed off people) and Ori (a cult like threat- convert or die type thing).
SG-1 dealt with them fighting off the Ori and Gould
Atlantis took them to a new galaxy and dealt with mainly the threat of the Wraith
the last one, Universe, deals with a team that has been stranded on an acient ship adrift in space and trying to find a way back home
the cartoon was pretty much the same as SG-1, just a little more kid friendly

Professional Member
Professional Member
Soul

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:04 am

Well what if we threw our own twists into things other than going by the MCW chain-of-events storylines we could use our own storylines after a certain point. Or we could just go with the concept of the Marvel Civil War and after some point begin to wing our own stuff. It doesn't have to really be a whole lot or at all like the comic really. I was just suggesting because I didn't see many Marvel related RP's here and MCW is my favorite Marvel event.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 am

We have two marvel-related ones where we have created our own characters, but for an actual war sort of one and if you would like to use part created, part marvel...we once had one like that and could be done up again. Finding the X-men is centered around the X-men going missing and a group of random mutants are assembled to find them.

Mercer's was a school environment that loses its appeal after a while, I would look at changing that one slightly.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Professional Member
Professional Member
Soul

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:15 am

Yeah I saw those. I'm just used to alot or something I guess. I'd join the X-Men one but as of late the X-Men are kind of getting on my nerves...oddly I have no idea why XD Though I will admit, never liked Storm or Scott and would like Jean if she wasn't so ridiculous about dying and coming back again and again and again and again. But I like Wolverine, Ice-Man, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, and most of the others. I saw the other one but I'm part of like 40 school RP's Forumotion wide already XD
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 am

Yeah that's why I've kept away from having a specific marvel one where we play as the X-men themselves. In our rpgs, sometimes we'll refer to our portray any marvel characters, but its never for very long. I much prefer the method we're during often of creating offspring and connections.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Professional Member
Professional Member
Soul

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 am

Then I don't know what to do. You could make your own version of a comicbook universe. That way you'd have total customization of...well about everything. Where, When, Who, blah blah blah but I dunno if it'd work.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:29 am

Well Haven City is basically our own comic type universe as is the Defenders.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 am

the x-men actually have very little to do with Finding the X-Men, it deals more with thier children or former students trying to find out what happened to them. The X-men do make appearances but only long enough for them to be found.

The school aspect of Mercer's is more of just a background for it. I'm trying to treat it more like the early X-Men where they were students, yes but generally in the comics you saw them out on the town or fighting with some villian. We've got an anti mutant group and a brotherhood type ogranization in it along with an Xavier type

Could do our own CW rpg that follows along the same lines of the MCW. Big event causes anti superhero sentiment with general public and a registration act is introduced. Some of our characters decide to join, others remain secret. Those registered try to convince the others to that it is in thier best intrest to join. Occassionaly fights break out between the two groups.

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:32 am

Well, I've certainly been sold on the idea of a revamped Nomad/Stargate rpg, cause that one had so much going for it on Pryde's site. So that one gets the thumbs up from me, if its good with Drake and Shaun.

But I'm a bit confused about your ideas for a comic-book universe, cause I've seen what happens with rpgs that don't have a structure and it tends to be a bit like, Spiderman hits Wolverine, Wolverine ducked.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Professional Member
Professional Member
Soul

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:34 am

Yeah that's what I had in mind @pryde

And sorry, hadn't gotten there yet, slow reader n_n' @My fellow venomite

I'm not THAT dumb haha. I have a superhero RP like that as well and it's not like that. But you know what's best. @Mel
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:35 am

That could be what might occur with Haven City yet, cause that's only started increasing in potential, because we're seeing with that one a split between who are heroes and who are villains. I like your proposal Shaun, its looking more pieced together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

submissions Empty
PostSubject: Re: submissions   submissions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

submissions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Archives :: 2013-
Jump to: