Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Painted Dunes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
winterprince
Professional Member
Professional Member
winterprince

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Makorra stood in the Glass Tower. She could see the entire city from there: the marketplace made up of tents and adobe stalls, the same mudbrick homes that had been standing since she was a young girl, the delicate looking glass temples that scattered the city. It was a gorgeous sight. No more gorgeous than the Grace of the Dunes herself, wrapped in red and gold cloth and covered in decadent jewelry. She was quite old, but hadn't gathered too many wrinkles over the years and still had a mystifying air and unmistakable grace about her.

She looked to the stone gates surrounding the city, which once protected a desert jewel from endless siege; so many factions were once jealous of the Glass City, with its gorgeous desert glass structures and valuable spring. How far the city had fallen.

Makorra left her place at the window and walked to her chamber.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:23 am

Ulfric Ramhart sat atop his warhorse, Gideon, as he rode through the desert towards the Glass City. His heavy plate armor was trimmed in gold showing his rank as a Captain and the blue tunic underneath with his blue scarf he wore over his face to protect against the desert wind showed his purpose. He was a Paladin of the Order of the Eagle, also known as Ordo Aquila.

He lead a small party of Paladins from Altdorf to Glass City to inspect the recently fallen stone the world had heard so much about. He'd been to Glass City a few times before so he was familiar with the place and it's people. He looked on at the old gatehouse as he rode towards it with his party.

"Alright lads, you know the drill here." Ulfric said in his Lycian accent. "Let's not scare the townsfolk."
Back to top Go down
winterprince
Professional Member
Professional Member
winterprince

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 11:30 am

In the Grace's chamber, Makorra was overlooking some plans on clay tablets. "Grace," the voice of her assistant called into the chamber.

"Enter," she called back Her voice was deep and surprisingly rough for a woman her age.

A young, tanned man came in wrapped in cloths. "Grace. There's a party approaching the gates. They seem to be Lycian." The Lycians were the only peoples to visit the Glass City in ages.

Makorra sat back in her gold seat. "Go and greet them. Give them food and water, but I have no business with them."

"I'll do my best to send them on their way." The assistant clutched an armful of parchment and turned around.

"And take Vasha." Makorra said, getting back to her tablets.

A dark figure emerged from a room separater behind Makorra and followed the assistant. Once in the light, she was visibly wrapped in a black and red tight-fitting suit and armed with an arsenal of various blades. A wrap covered her nose and mouth.

The two walked down the Glass Tower, then toward the city gates.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:47 pm

Ulfric rode in with his party and he spotted Vasha approaching.
Back to top Go down
winterprince
Professional Member
Professional Member
winterprince

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 4:36 am

Makorra's attendant stood near the gate tower, Vasha behind him like his shadow. "Welcome to the Glass City. In all my life, only a hundred parties have made it through the Painted Dunes. Where, may I ask, is your destination?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:04 am

"The Seething Stone." Ulfric said. "I am here from the Order to inspect it."
Back to top Go down
winterprince
Professional Member
Professional Member
winterprince

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 7:14 am

The attendant and Vasha exchanged looks. "You must be mistaken." He said. "There hasn't been a stone in the Glass City for hundreds of years, and that one was swiftly destroyed." he paused. "We would be glad to host you for a couple of nights, but there are not Seething Stones here."

Vasha lurked behind him. Her presence alone was threatening.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 7:58 am

Ulfric smiled. "Just a joke my friend." He said patting the man on the shoulder. "We'll just be a few nights in the local inn." He said before looking at Vasha and sizing her up, he looked back to the attendant. "Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
winterprince
Professional Member
Professional Member
winterprince

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 9:05 am

The man was visibly uncomfortable for a moment before collecting his composure. "Unfortunately, the Glass City doesn't have very many visitors. Our inn closed ages ago. We'd be happy to host you in the Temple of the Spring. I think you'll find it most comfortable." He began walking into the city. "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name. I'm Kumi. I serve as assistant to the Grace of the Dunes."

Vasha glared at Ulcric and waited for his men to pass so she could follow them into town.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 pm

"I am Ulfric." He said walking into the city with Kumi. "The temple will do fine for us." He said.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 9:25 pm

A woman observed the two men, in particular the stranger who had just walked into the city. A merchant went to approach her and beg but she raised her hand under her dark navy cloak and he blinked before turning away.
Back to top Go down
winterprince
Professional Member
Professional Member
winterprince

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 7:06 am

Kumi led Ulfric, his party, and Vasha through the dusty city. There were many buildings of a dome-shaped design, but most seemed empty. It was an ancient and magnificent city, but on the decline. After walking about a kilometer through the city, the dust turned to soil, then to grass. "We're now coming upon the Water District. The temple you and your party will be staying at isn't much further now," he said. "You never did mention your destination, friend. Unless you've heard of a Seething Stone somewhere nearby."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Painted Dunes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Painted Dunes   The Painted Dunes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Painted Dunes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Other rpgs :: The Civilisation-
Jump to: