Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:24 am

The YouTube critic that I am, I was looking over some things and AGAIN they're trying to make a Wonder-Woman Live Action show that they want to follow in Smallville's shoes (Ah Smallville...a story for another time) and be a Wonder Woman 'prolonged origin' (oy) called "Amazon". I love Wonder Woman and all but she just isn't a property I see working live action. The DC Animated movie was pretty friggin' good. So that being the case, why not a Wonder Woman cartoon? WW actually has a pretty interesting rogues gallery (Cheetah aside) and it could yield its way to a lot of cool cameos. Not to mention it'd actually be a lot easier to start out with a cartoon or something. Expose more people to the lore of WW. God knows we've seen enough Superman and Batman for ten lifetimes. They keep talking about the DC Trinity and yet they never really represent WW as a part of it outside of the comics (anymore. They used to try but back when they did, the available resources were...more limited)

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:36 am

We've still got 'Arrow' coming soon, too, based on Green Arrow, but honestly, I would like to see a live action movie of Wonder Woman. I mean, if you can bring Captain America to the big screen why not Wonder Woman who's just as colourful? Use the New 52 suit or alter it a bit.

And yes, I'm aware he's Captain AMERICA. He's got more sentimental value for, well, Americans, but we need at least one decent femal superhero movie, I think.

Oh, btw, has anyone else heard about this Superman fan running a petition in his hometown to rename it Smallville?

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:36 am

the Arrow show coming out looks pretty good. Doesn't seem to be any connection to Smallville though, different actor playing Green Arrow.

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:20 am

Heading to bed

Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:02 am

The New 52 suit isn't too different from the regular one now. They just swapped the gold for silver because...it's closer to white I guess. That and I personally just don't much like the suit with the pants and jacket. It looks too generic for me. Something anyone could wear. Doesn't look superhero-ish.

I don't doubt a Wonder Woman movie could be done very VERY well given the proper writing and the like. But...well...just view this, for example.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/nash/specials/33934-wonder-woman-2011&sa=U&ei=JKBKUPHZIoPW0QHc24CQAQ&ved=0CAYQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGzKGtuV9uXVHP0Fc4MhibIUxitbg

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:53 am

I quite liked the old Wonder Woman series with Linda Carter. If they kept to the thing of Wonder Woman being someone we would support and rally behind, they'd be staying true to the character.

Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:20 pm

yeah, not really sure I want to see a wonder woman live action show. Cartoon maybe.

Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:27 pm

I would love a WW cartoon.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:54 pm

They should just Nolanize Wonder Woman too haha.

But yes in seriousness Wonder Woman could be done well, like Shiney said they did Captain America (could have been done better in my opinion) and it was pretty good, but I also agree that before a movie comes out the general population should be exposed more to Wonder Woman and a cartoon would be perfect.

Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:38 pm

As much as I hope the Nolanizatiln obsession dies down a bit now that the Batman trilogy is ovet, I don't think it'd work half as well for Supes and WW anyway. I guess they're welcome to try but I'd prefer lighter movies out of those two...which is one of the two reasons I'm skeptical about the new Supes mlvie...that and I am not the biggest Zack Snyder fan.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:26 pm

I'll give it a fair chance, I mean it can't be much worse than Superman Returns can it?

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I've seen that review before, Twilight, and that is a great example of how NOT to do a live action adaptation of Wonder Woman.

I haven't been excited for the new Superman movie at all, to be honest, more so because of Zack Snyder. But he does have a lot of talent in visuals and perhaps with Nolan's contribution they could strike a decent balance of story telling and visual accomplishment that appeals to everyone. I mean, yeah, I'm ready to move on from Nolan's work and I appreciate what he's done but I think we all want to see something new this time. I heard that they might just introduce Batman the next time in the Justice League movie if it ever comes to life.

What I really don't like so much about the look of the Superman movie is the rather grim colour pallet. I have always made reference to the Animates series because of it's interesting style as well as wide range of dazzling colours and heroic feel you get when you watch the intro to an episode, 'cause that's what sets it apart from Batman, namely the darker tone in mostly everything.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:59 pm

I think the gritty tone could work since it's an origin story dealing with him becoming Superman, dealing with being pretty much a god and everything with his powers. I mean it's Superman and yeah he's supposed to be heroic and colorful but hey you never know it could be good. I'm gonna give Man of Steel a chance and see how they handle the what seems to be a darker tone.

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Yeah, I guess. I'm still seeing it despite my expectations so who knows.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:38 pm

I mean as long as it's better than Returns, I'll be happy haha

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:45 pm

True!

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Haha yeah, well I'll see ya man heading to work be back later. Have a good one!

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 pm

See ya, have a good day

Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:04 pm

ShineyMan wrote:

What I really don't like so much about the look of the Superman movie is the rather grim colour pallet. I have always made reference to the Animates series because of it's interesting style as well as wide range of dazzling colours and heroic feel you get when you watch the intro to an episode, 'cause that's what sets it apart from Batman, namely the darker tone in mostly everything.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. That and we all know I'm a surrealist. Most Nolan movies are these deep, psychological deals that are thought provoking and yadda yadda yadda. All I really care to see from a character like Superman or Captain America is this moral paragon dressed in bright, flashy colors, exemplifying what heroes 'should' be like. That's the entire premise of their characters after all. The Mr. Perfects. The people you aspire to be. I don't need, nor want to relate to them or be forced to deeply analyze something so...simple. I save my desire to relate for characters like Spider-Man. I think if I have any problem with the Cap movie, it's that they probably could have elevated the urgency a little bit more, maybe had him give one really awesome speech that shows how much of a moral paragon he is. Like the classic "No. You Move" Speech. That'd have been GREAT. And they already analyzed the origins of Superman in a somewhat dark way. Smallville. A series I found lasted too long but was solid for a while. I'm not saying this'll be like that because...well that was a TV show but you see where my skepticism comes in.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:21 am

I din't really see the thought provoking psycological part of Nolan's movies. To me it was just Batman but made to look and feel like it could actually happen in the real world. I don't need to see realism added to Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern or any of the other DC super heroes because that's not who they are. Superman is an honest to God, true blue Boy Scout with super powers. His view of the world is not dark like Batman's. He sees the potential for good in everyone, loves his momma and apple pie, is a gentleman even to someone like Wonder Woman who finds that type of behavior to be outdated (mostly because she was raised to believe all men are only capable of causing trouble). He's super strong, flies, fires lasers out of his eyes, sees through walls, hears Lois (and others) crying for help from across the globe and can put out a fire with one big breath. Wonder Woman is super strong, flies and has her lasso of truth, invisible jet and bullet proof bracelets. Green Lantern's ring is only limited to his imagination and strength of will. Flash can break the sound barrier when he rungs. Martian Manhunter is a shape shifting alien. Aquaman breaths under water without a tank, talks to sea creatures and possess super strength. None of these are things that a normal person will ever be able to do, they are not things I want to see Nolanized because they can't be. If you try giving any of these characters a more realistic feel to them then you're taking away who they are as a character.
Though I'm not really sure how Nolan would attempt any of them. He has done some pretty impressive stuff in the past with escaping the realism like the Prestige and Inception. So maybe he would be able to pull off Superman and Martian Manhunters alien abilities. I don't know, but I'm not sure I really want to see him try. I don't think putting Superman or some of the others into the movie universe Nolan has created with his Batman trilogy will work all that great. I think it'll just turn out to be like Superman Returns if they try that, a highly anticipated movie that turns out being a big disapointment to fans of Superman

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:45 am

I just hope it still has that feeling I'm used to when watching Superman stuff.

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:20 am

Heading out for a bit, back later

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:37 am

Battleship-interesting movie, glad I just rented it though instead of seeing it in the theaters. SFX was pretty good, overall acting descent. There were parts of it that just seemed corny to me. Missles that looked like pegs from the actual game and using wave displacement to locate targets because radar didn't work on finding the alien ships. It's not a bad movie but not one I'm going to go out and buy

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 am

I liked Battleship, I knew it was gonna be a kinda mindless action movie but it was entertaining. I also rented it on OnDemand.

Off topic, but Endgame chapter one is up.

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:12 am

I'll check it out soon, Venom.

I might rent Battleship. I heard Rihanna did a good job.

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Archives :: 2013-
Jump to: