Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 am

Yeah, and we'll need them to do that if we're gonna go anywhere this season.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:04 am

indeed

Is it worth buying Madden 13 or is there very little difference between it and 12.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:22 am

Oh 13 is awesome, you can actually AIM passes now putting them over the proper shoulder, doing back shoulder throws, leading the receiver and throwing guys open. I've been tearing ass through my franchise with Green Bay.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

cool. Did they improve the challenge part of the game, cause in 12 there are lots of time I'll go to challenge one thing and it challenges somethign completely different.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Yeah all the challenges I've done have been realistic. The new physics engine it better too, tackles happen more realistically, passes are thrown with touch when you touch pass rather than it being a bullet or a 45 second long lob pass. The run game is also improved, I had James Starks rushing for 100 yards a game because of his speed haha

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:36 pm

sweet, now I have to buy this game. I'm gonna head off though so I'll catch you tomorrow.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Alright man, see ya. Have a good one!

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Got my nephew's birthday in the coming days and haven't posted his card or even brought one. So I'm going to get myself dressed up to head to the shops. This shouldn't take me long.

ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 am

heading off, might be back later

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:50 am

alright man have a good one!

Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 5:59 am

Gonna be limited to my phone for about a week...buuut
NEW YORK NEW YORK gotta love it.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:12 am

Oh yeah been there with the phone, not too fun lol

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm

I wasn't actually going to have the brother survive but I'm now thankful that you're going to save him for me, as when we reach Earth, I'll be dropping the Taureans from my character list and will take on the two Mintharians.

Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Also today for us is 11th September, and I will be at work during the actual moments the planes hit, so I would like to do my tributes now.

Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 In-Memory-9-11-2001

ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:37 am

Eleven years, too.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:20 am

I still know right where I was and what I was doing too.

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:05 am

I understand

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:17 am

Hard to believe I was a school girl in year 11. I was getting ready for school when there were strange news reports coming in and none of the tv hosts could work out what was happening. This was about 5am and I found my usual cartoons weren't on. It was in the afternoon new York time though but it wasn't until midday for us that we got a full detailed news report.

Just strange that I remember it well but it was eleven years ago and i resembled a little cheeky school geek

The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah I was in the middle of football practice watching the second string play when the security guard came and told us all to head inside and we all went home early without knowing what was going on until I turned the news on that night.

Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:50 pm

That would've been hard, but I guess the question on everyone's mind at the time was, is this it? My mum and I remember thinking it was WW3 or something, that there would be more.

The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Yeah it was very tense here, had no idea what was gonna happen.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 am

Gonna run some errands, be back in a couple hours. If I don't see ya when I'm back have a good one Shiney!

Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 am

Alright!

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:03 am

9/11- I was in my second year at college. I woke up and went to class, no tv in my room so I still hadn't heard what was going on, it wasn't untill I got to class that I heard and even then I wasn't sure what was going on because all I was thinking was, cool they canceled the class. I didn't find out why and what all the fuss was about until I went to a friends hose and saw it on the news. I didn't know how to react or what to think accept for Damn that sucks. After that I don't think I really gave it another thought, it happened and it sucks that it did but what am I supposed to do about it. I didn't know anybody from that area and it didn't really have any major impact on my life other than having to find an article to wright about the event for a class. 9/11 was a tragedy and I feel bad for all those that lost someone that day but I really feel sorry for anyone born on that day. What should be a happy day for them is now tainted for ever. They can't celebrate properly because there will be people that look at them and say 'What's wrong with you. Don't you know what today is? Why are you so happy?' For some 9/11 is a sad day, and the historian in me reckognizes the day for what it is, our generations Pearl Harbor. The war on terrorism that follows is our generations Vietnam. Only time will tell what will be written about this chapter of our history. But for others, 9/11 is just another day on the calender, another day of work, another day of living, another day of whatever. The big question that bothers me more than anything about 9/11 is what will this day mean to future generations.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:17 am

9/11 is now also the day two US Embassies were attacked in Libya and Egypt and then today I believe or yesterday the US Embassy in Yemen was attacked because of a movie made that set them off. The US Ambassador in Libya was killed as well as three others on staff.

Can only wonder what's gonna happen next...

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012   Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk Lounge Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2012
Page 5 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Archives :: 2013-
Jump to: