Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plots and Arcs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Place to discuss possible storylines for the team and between characters.

I'll let someone else do the first story line, but if no one wants to I can come up with something.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

A possible story to kick things off

The Philosopher's Legacy

In the aftermath of World War I, The Philosophers were formed. The Philosophers were made up of members from the United States, The United Kingdom, The USSR, China, Germany, and France. Each national sect drove the policital landscapes of their respective countries and helped shape the world's balance of power. During World War II The Philosophers pooled their resources gathering a fortune large enough to fund ten world wars. With this money The Philosiphers and by extent the Allied Powers were able to defeat the Axis powers. In the aftermath of World War II The Philosophers split the fortune and hide it away, the fortune became known at The Philosopher's Legacy. When the Cold War started each national sect went after the Legacy in order to win the Cold War and make their country the dominant superpower. The CIA (American Philosophers) and MI5 and MI6 (UK Philosophers) worked together against their Soviet (GRU and the KGB) and Chinese (MSS) counterparts to take the fortune. However General Ivan Dragovich Volgin (the head of GRU) learned of the location of each part of the Philosopher's Legcay and during the Vietnam War he assembled it using parts of it to fund the construction of his fortress in Northern Vietnam and to fund his operation and the development of the superweapon known as The Behemoth which was an nuclear armed tank with stealth technology (contracted to Talbot Enterprises). Volgin used GRU and the Soviet involvement in Vietnam to mask his personal agenda, to use The Behemoth to take out the powers and Moscow and then take over the Soviet Union and use the Philosopher's Legacy to defeat the Western Powers in a third World War and then to defeat China, thus making the Soviet Union the dominant power in the world with him at the helm. However the CIA caught wind of his operations and assembled a special unit in Pearl Harbor to take on this threat, they worked together with the KGB (GRU's fierce Soviet rival) agents under Dmitri Sokolov (head of the KGB) to stop Volgin and save both the USSR and the United States and her allies. The deal was for the USSR, China, the US, and the UK to split the Philospher's Legacy to balance out the power in the world. However under orders from the CIA Frank Miller sent the microfilm which contained the location of each piece of the Legacy to the CIA who then took the fortune for the United States, making the United States the dominant superpower for years to come and ending the Cold War ten years before it would have due to the lack of funds available to the USSR.

(So basically it covers the reasons why the team was started, helps Swift Industries grow, and give us some good villains for later in the RPG and it'll only take a year or two RPG-time wise meaning we can use other stories to take place in the Vietnam War. Let me know what ya guys think)

Last edited by Venom551 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:33 pm

The American woman that my character is exchanged with, should be someone within the team? That way instead of sending her home, the team decide that she's a credit that they could use, as long as everyone is willing for her to keep portraying the American woman.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:40 pm

That could work, she could be stationed in Vietnam and the American woman could have orders to be assigned to the team as their medic basically but your character could replace her and have the same skills.
Back to top Go down
HB
Professional Member
Professional Member
HB

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:48 am

So the Philosopher's Legacy is in the hands of the United States?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:19 am

Yeah, the United States having the Philosopher's Legacy helps them end the Cold War in the long run because the Soviet Union wouldn't be able to compete with the money the US gained. The CIA would use the Legacy to fund their operations, fund SHIELD, and to fund companies like Swift Industries and Stark International.
Back to top Go down
HB
Professional Member
Professional Member
HB

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:16 am

I see, alright.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:37 am

Yeah it all connects to other storylines in other RPGs like SHIELD and SWORD on Pryde's site, just an idea for the opening story.
Back to top Go down
HB
Professional Member
Professional Member
HB

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:07 am

Yeah you can drop a few hints here and there over on the other RPGs about what occurs here.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:11 am

Yeah, I told Shiney about this but idk if he'll join or not.

We can start the plot in a few if ya want to do that one.
Back to top Go down
HB
Professional Member
Professional Member
HB

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 am

Yeah I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 am

Alright, I'm gonna put up the villians for it then.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

That Hudson dude looks like the sort my Anna would go for, and he also seems to be able to handle his own when the event happens.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 am

Yeah Robert is very capable in a fight.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:11 am

Could I get someone departing from the same ship? It left San Diego to Pearl Harbour. It can be anyone...
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:38 am

Whaddya mean? Everyone else is Pearl Harbor already I believe.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:55 am

Just explained how Anna ended up at Pearl Harbour? Maybe someone is there to meet her then?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Could have one of Swift's men come pick her up to take her to Swift Industries, she could meet up with Mary and Elizabeth there.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Awesome...
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Well who else would pick her up to take her to Swift Industries?
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:18 am

Don't rush too ahead, I still need to connect my female into the story.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:56 am

She's at the base correct? We just had the team leave Swift Industries and arrive at the Naval Base.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah, she's at the Naval base looking pretty lost lol.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:35 pm

I'll have Robert find her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plots and Arcs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plots and Arcs   Plots and Arcs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plots and Arcs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Archives :: Rpg Archives :: Precursors-
Jump to: