Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aangstad

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Aangstad, the city erected in Avatar Aang's honor, is corrupt. Masama Braen, prime minister and anti-bending advocate, has control over the Kage-Batsu, dark assassins who are capable of taking down even powerful benders through the arts of melee and chi blocking. Masama tries to suppress bending by creating laws against public bending, aggressive bending and bending without official permission. Each bender is forced to wear a patch with their respective element on their sleeve. Aangstad's location between Earth and Fire Nations make it mostly Earth and Fire Nation occupied, Water Tribe citizens being a minority. Avatar Aang's son Tenzin was the last of his kind once Aang passed. Tenzin fathered two children, both of whom became accomplished Airbenders, leaving there to be three Air Nomads left on the planet.

Eyes followed Naida as she walked down the brick road to the marketplace. She carried an empty basket and wore a beige cloak over her blue and black garments; a blue long sleeve top with a black cloth wrapped tightly around her stomach, covering from her waist to her hips like a cotton corset. She wore blue pants which were fastened by elastic around her waist and each of her ankles like sweatpants. On her feet were blue flat canvas shoes she made herself.

Heads turned as people acknowledged the blue circles on either end of Naida's sleeves, marking her as a waterbender. She reached a cart of vegetables and reached for the pile of seaprunes. Her wrist was caught by the cart owner. "What do you think you're doing?"

Naida looked up at him from her hood. "What do you mean? I am buying sea prunes, like I do every week." The cart owner shook his head. "Masama has issued new laws. Your kind is not allowed here anymore." Naida sighed and spun around to walk back home. "Your seaprunes are never ripe anyways."

As she walked back down the bumpy path, Naida spotted smoke in the sky. She wove through the streets, taking a detour to see the source of the smoldering gas in the sky. As she neared it, screaming came into earshot. Naida watched a tea shop burning to the ground and a woman and her young daughter sitting next to it crying. "My tea shop!" She moaned.

Naida looked around, her vision mostly obstructed by her beige hood, but she could see enough to note the streets she was on. She bolted for a nearby spring she was familiar with. When she reached it she crawled into it, far away enough from the road to be unseen. She bent her legs into a lunge and placed the basket on the ground. She leaned forward on one knee, swaying her hands up then towards her and diagonally into the basket.

The water stood up out of the spring, stretching upward and breaking off from the surface, now a body of water itself, floating in the air. It swam down into the basket, filling it mostly. Naida picked it up and ran back onto the road and toward the tea shop. She ran around to the back and kicked in the weakening door with little effort. Once she was out of anyone's sight she bent the water out of the basket, extinguishing a small flame to her side.

As Naida made her way through the smoldering room, reaching the source of the flame, the main tea stove. She placed the basket on the ground and extended her legs, raising them and remotely pulling up the water. She kept her left hand in front of her and swung her right hand slowly to her side, stretching the water out widely and laying it over the flame.

Steam took the fire's place and filled the room. Naida stumbled out of the tea shop's front door, in front of a group of onlookers. She coughed and gasped for air. She pulled her hood further over her face and slid out of the scene as a beige cloaked figure, leaving the tea shop mostly extinguished.

Last edited by intangible on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:38 am

A black garb was strung over Scath's mouth. Each breath he let out was slightly audible, roughly exhaled. He watched the tea shop's smoke disappear and the owner, whose frown had gone and transformed to a thankful expression, and her daughter enter to check the damage.

Scath walked in behind them without making a sound or exhaling. He watched the owner and her daughter check the relatively unaffected stairs, then climb them to the second floor, where they lived. He took note of all his surroundings, making sure there were no flames to catch onto his black cloak.

He looked down and drew the hood up over his head so that he was a shapeless figure inspecting the damage. Scath noted the basket with a few cups worth of water left in it. He thought back to the beige cloaked woman he saw and the blue dots on the ends of her sleeves. He drew down the cloth covering his mouth and revealed his burnt, scarred face to the empty room. "Lawbreaker.." He said with a voice that was deep and damaged.

The scarred portion of his body consisted of his right eye, running down the side of his face and most of his neck, leading down his shirt which hid a scarred upper chest.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:12 am

"Would you stop that someone will see"
Panni sighed looking over at his brother, which was like looking in a mirror "If I could bend fire like you then I wouldn't have to sit here bored, I'd already have everything lit."
"Bendings not allowed and I don't want to go to the prisons for breaking the law."
"It's not that bad Bu, might even toughen you up some."
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:25 am

Naida sat next to Panni and Bu on a bench and slid her hood back, revealing light brown hair, light blue eyes and light skin. She looked over at them and listened in. "We're already publicly humiliated." She said to them, rubbing the blue patch on her sleeve. "Best not to challenge the authorities, especially since Aangstad is infected with Kage-Batsu now." She lowered her voice.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:35 am

"You call it humiliation, I call it a badge of honor" Panni smiled "These symbols once stood for something more."
Bu Yuan sighed "Please brother don't do this again. We've just started blending in here."
"You blend, I'll bend" Panni said kicking a chunk of earth into the air and watching it fall back down.
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:39 am

Naida stood up and pulled her hood back up over her face. "You should follow me." She turned away and began toward her home.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:51 am

Panni shrugged and got up to follow when Bu grabbed hi cloak
"Oh what, you think she's going to hurt us?" Don't be so paranoid. She's probably a prostitute and I am not passing up this opportunity to get some water tribe tail."
Panni pulled his cloak free and hurried to catch up to Naida. Bu Yuan sighed standing up to follow pulling his hood down to cover his face,
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:56 am

Naida passed through the front door and entered the house; a medium sized room which contained a fire stove and a few cabinets. The room was split in hlf by a rice paper room separator, the other side consisting of her bed and drawers. There was a small bathroom connected to room near the room separator. She closed the door behind them.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:00 pm

"Not bad" Panni said taking off his sandals
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:09 pm

"Do you want to have a seat?" Naida asked, removing her cloak and hanging it on the room separator. She waved her hand toward a few pillows arranged on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:12 pm

"Sure we can start there" Panni smiled looking her over
Bu Yuan kept his cloak on sitting
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:14 pm

"Can I take your cloaks?" She asked stepping toward them.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:31 pm

"I'm not wearing a cloak" Panni said l
"No, I'm fine" Bu Yuan said quietly
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 pm

"Very well.." She looked down at their sleeves and noted each of their marks. "Earth and Firebenders, but.. twins? Interesting."
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Bu Yuan pulled his sleeve over the band trying to hide it
"Father was a Fire nation general and mother was from Ba Sing Se" Panni shrugged
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Naida sat on a pillow in front of Panni. "Oh, that is interesting.. anyways, I brought you guys here for a reason."
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:12 pm

"Finally" Panni said "though I don't think my brother wants in on the action and frankly, I'd rather it just be the two of us."
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:16 pm

"Oh.." Naida said, misinterpreting. She looked at Bu. "Are you sure?"
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:27 pm

"I'm not as reckiess as my brother " Bu said "No offense, I'm sure your a kind lady."
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:31 pm

"Oh.. Nothing I can do, I suppose." She shrugged and looked at Panni. "So how do you think we should go about doing this?"
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Panni looked over at his brother who got up and headed outside. "Now that he's gone we can get down to business."
He leaned to kiss her reaching for her breast
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Naida gasped and pushed him away from her and swung around, slamming her foot into him. "What do you think you're doing!?"
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:07 pm

"What you brought me here for" Panni said "If this is the kind of service you offer I'm not surprised your home's a dump
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:00 am

"What are you-" Naida was interrupted as the large stone door was kicked open. She looked to the doorway and saw a tall black figure. She bent the water out of the two stone vases on either sides of the door and prepared to strike.

Scath leaned under the water floating around and bolted to Naida, although he appeared to float more so than run. When he reached her, he sent his fists out, index and middle knuckles ahead of the other knuckles, striking her neck and stomach. He sidestepped and spun around to her back, striking her spine on the top and middle.

Naida grunted and stumbled forward, realizing that the blows were significantly painless. She swayed her hands up to try and bend the water but couldn't. "What.." She was thrown forward as Scath kicked her in the back.

He turned to Panni and crouched as he hovered over to him quickly under his black cloak. Scath jutted up, using his two knuckles to strike his stomach and chest, causing Panni to involuntarily keel over. Scath slammed his elbow into Panni's neck, knocking him over.

Scath swallowed roughly and painfully. "I'm taking you both in."
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:39 am

(After reading Scath's bio I had an interesting though- what if Bu Yuan was the friend that burned him? It would help explain why Bu is reluctant to bend and would rather be norma')

Bu hid out of sight debating on if he should help or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aangstad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aangstad   Aangstad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aangstad
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Archives :: Rpg Archives-
Jump to: