Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Command Center

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 am

Discuss the new Power Rangers here. This is what I have so far-

In every generation a team of young heroes is called upon to face the greatest of evils. Each generation is different from the last, sometimes the heroes are nothing but kids, sometimes they are battle hardened warriors but they have always been known as- Power Rangers.
The time for heroes has come once again. A new team is being chosen to face the worst evil the world has ever known. These indviduals will be provided with weapons and vehicles of great power to help as well as given powers of thier own. The chosen will possess the virtues that make a hero- Courage, Honor, Selflessness, Loyalty.

I'm thinking that new Rangers should be between the age of 18-25.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

Yeah sounds good, characters those ages means we can put a more mature spin on this, and still keep it true to source material.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Just had a look at the storys of power rangers, and it finishes with PR- in space, where Zordon is killed to save Earth. So perhaps everyone thinks they're safe, the old power rangers are now moved onto other lives, and suddenly word breaks out about a new source of evil, and it all depends whether we'd use zordon res-erected.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:52 pm

actually the story of PR doesn't end there. It continued into Lost Galaxy where a colony was launced into space to find a new place to settle. Along the way they were attacked by Skorpio (or something like that, he wasn't there long and was replaced by his daughter Trakeena) and found these swords in stones that gave the rangers powers. This is still part of the originals because of Bulk and the Professor from PRIS going oneto Terra Venture as well as the Space Rangers visiting and Karone (formerly the main villian from PRIS) assuming the role of Pink Ranger from the original. It ended with them landing on a world much like Earth after defeating Trakeena.

There were other PR series after that- Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Tunder, SPD, Mystic Rangers, Operation Overdrive, Jungle Force, and RPM (the final one). None of these were actually linked together to the original Power Rangers asside from the Morphing Grid, which allows all rangers to morph by accessing it. There were crossover episodes with some of them, but each one was in a different city and/or time.

I would rather not carry on from the original with the rpg but instead create a completely different team, much like later sereis, that are not really related to but have knowledge of the orginal rangers. Zordon, Alpha, Zedd, Rita, and other past allies, villians, etc. Give them a different theme, different zords, different weapons, and different all over.

I had an idea years ago about a PR based loosly off of the legend of King Arthur just in modern times with Merlyn and the Lady of the Lake as thier mentor/advisor/leader and Morgain as the villian with Mordred as her general. I'm not sure how well this would do though but it's an idea.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:01 pm

actually sounds pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:11 pm

It was. I think at the time I had a list of eight characters, complete with color, weapon and zord all based off members from the Arthurian legend. This was around the same time King Arthur had come out so I used them as the characters. Unfortunatly I think I threw it all away and can only remember a little about them

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:26 pm

damn
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:53 pm

I can rember some, like the colors wich for the most part were the basics except for the Arthur one who was Fire (red/orange). Some of the zords were a Dragon, lion, falcon, jet. Excalibur armor, blasters/swords, bow, and Camelot as thier base but other than that i wouldn't be sure on.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Cool, well I'm sure we can fill in the blanks.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:14 pm

yep, just waiting to see what Kari thinks of the idea.

By the way, have you seen the Thundercat rpg?

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

not yet
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:34 pm

general idea of what these PR outfits might look like

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:16 am

Cool
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 am

yeah, just a general idea though. I figure each one would be unique to the individual

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:37 pm

okay, so I don't think the idea I had will work. Not in the way I want it to.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:38 pm

A great story, but maybe not a great rpg. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 pm

it could have worked, I think. But now we're right back where we started which is basically nowhere

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 pm

The first place we need to start is a villian. Who is it? Where do they come from?

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:10 am

okay, well seems like my original idea can work so here's a few ideas for future storylined

A quest for Excalibur
A quest for the Holy Grail
The Black Knight

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:53 am

Centuries ago the sorceror Maerlyn gave powers to a young knight named Arthur and his band to help battle against the dark army of Edith and her son Dax. With help from Annice, the keeper of Camelot, they brought down this evil pair imprisioning each in tombs. Thier battles are what today are considered part of the Arthurian Legends. Many of the names have changed with the sorceror Maerlyn becoming the wizard Merlin and Annice, the keeper of Camelot becoming known simply as the Lady of the Lake. Edith became Morgain and Dax became Mordred, the son of Arthur.

Centuries passed without anyone finding the tombs of Edith and Dax. Maerlyn became Mervin, a historian and professor at the local University while Annice remained in Camelot ever vigil for those that would wake her evil sister and nephew.

Lance and Gwen are siblings that grew up with Arthur. The three are very close and always watching out for one another. Lance is a pro rugby star while his sister is studying to become an archeologist at the same University that Arthur is studing to become a Historian. Thier advisor and teacher is Prof. Mervin.

While exploring what he thought was the burial sight of King Athur, Prof. Roger, a well known archeologist, was betrayed by his partner and fellow archeologist Prof. Alistair Grimes who wanted to use the treasures they had found to make him wealthy. It was he who unknowingly woke Dax from his eternal slumber after opening what he thought was the coffin of Arthur. Know he is forced to work for the evil knight in helping him find his mother.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:48 am

okay so how do I work into this?
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:07 am

that's what I've been trying to figure out. I probably should state somewhere that this is taking place in England. I'm assuming that both Garry and Chris are American. They could be on the rugby team with Lance or possibly going to the same University as Gwen and Arthur working towards something beyond a BA.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:15 am

Okay sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:19 am

cool. Lance, Arthur and Gwen have all followed Prof. Mervin to a forest. The plan is for them to follow him into Camelot and overhear him and Annice talking about the impending danger. They get discovered and offer to help in anyway they can which leads them to gaining thier ranger powers. Maybe you're two followed the other three curiose to see what they were doing

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:32 am

Alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Command Center   

Back to top Go down

Command Center
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next