Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars: A New Dawn

Go down 
+2
The Captain
Chronicler
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Nix walks off with her arms crossed. She pauses before reaching the door and speaks up with her back turned. "No one's told her about it, yet, have they?" Nix says. She looks over her shoulder to Ford. "And people think I'm a piece of work."

---

Nazrin walks around Arden and hands Maeror a report on the status of the mission. How Leia had been captured and delivered to the Leviathan. Extraneous objectives were foregone in favor of securing her capture. Systems all across the galaxy, meanwhile, were falling further and further under Sith control. And Maeror's former and present apprentices are inbound.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 1:04 am

Maeror looked over the report before setting it down.

"Thank you my friend." He said before Angalacon entered the room. "Well commanded, Warmaster."

"It was a simple thing." Angalacon said. "This Admiral Ackbar had no chance and Fleet Intelligence has tracked him to Dac, with the remainder of the Republic forces here."

Maeror nodded. "Then prepare forces to strike Dac, we must cripple their drive yards there."

"I will, my top priority however is Kuat. The Imperials hold the system still and it was one of the few offensives that did not succeed today."

Maeror nodded. "Kuat will not fall easily, it will require your direct attention."

-----

Ford looked at Nix. "You are a piece of work." He said leaving the hangar bay.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 1:17 am

With now two people in the room that Arden had seen in Trent's visions, her anger increased greatly and she broke from Maerors hold igniting her saber and held it out towards Nazrin and Angalacon.

"Where is she?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 1:23 am

Maeror forced the saber from her hand and to his shutting it off.

"My ship." Maeror said. "Like I said, now behave yourself or this arrangement will end before it begins."
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 1:28 am

"You know I have what it takes to down all three of you," Arden reminded them, "I was trained in the ancient ways of the force. Skills that you would only dream of knowing how to do. And I offer them all for a price.

I know she's on your ship, that isn't my question. These two were seen in my partners vision before he died. You will not deny me of my revenge if they have harmed her. Afterall, you didn't say if she is dead... Or alive... On... Your ship."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 1:40 am

Maeror slammed her against the wall with the Force, he was growing tiresome of her.

"If she was dead, I assume someone with such great power could feel it." Maeror said. "If you had such power to defeat us all then why didn't you simply squash Sidious? You could not defeat him, as you can not defeat even one of us."
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 1:50 am

"I had..." Arden grunted against his hold, "nothing to fight for back then. He... promised me that he would make it all better for me, and he did. He gave me my daughter and a chance to love again. But as you know him, he pulled the strings too tightly and took back what he gave me the minute I refused to play his game.

Do you know the true reason why none of you scare me," she laughed, "because palpatine tried killing me. It failed... There's only one thing that can take me down."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:07 am

"Palpatine was a fool." Maeror said. "I have told you already I will spare her life, I was not even planning on harming the girl unless she made it truly required. The more you continue to annoy me the less likely you seeing your daughter becomes Arden."
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:19 am

Arden looked directly at Maeror and spoke with him privately. Eventually she broke free from him yet again but this time stumbled towards him and went to her knees.

"If what you just told me in private is true. If this is my only chance of saving my daughter, then I give myself over fully."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:38 am

Maeror looked down at Arden and with a simple flick of his wrist she was hurled into the ceiling, knocking her unconscious.

"Take her to my ship." He commanded a couple Sith Warriors before looking to Nazrin. "Go see that the girl is behaving herself."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 am

Nazrin looks down on the woman as the Sith Warriors drag her off. When Maeror speaks to him, he nods and heads back to the Leviathan. Upon reaching the ship, Nazrin makes it to the holding cell that the girl had been placed in, finding her to be missing. This had gotten old. He reaches out through the Force before walking off to where he senses her presence aboard the ship.

---

"At least I know it. Shame the kid doesn't," Nix says, walking off.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:48 am

Arden hoped that she had reached communication with case but she had never done so before she wasn't sure it worked.

Case stirred sensing someone calling her but it was gone seconds later and as she tried to move, she found she had no energy to do so and laid back against the board that Trent was strapped to, leaning on his leg. She felt that even though she heard no more breathing nor felt any warmth from him, she couldn't and wouldn't just leave him there. It seemed so easy to fall asleep and she did regardless of it being totally unsafe for her to do so. She knew she wouldn't be able to fight any more anyway. Her whole body was aching and she was hungry.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 3:08 am

Angalacon looked out at the cityscape. "Will the girl be mine to train Maeror?"

Maeror nodded. "She will, for now she must regain her strength. Take her to Kuat with you if you wish." He said heading to the door. "Mold her well old friend." He said heading out to meet Désir and Darren.

Angalacon nodded before heading back to his own shuttle.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi
Professional Member
Professional Member
EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:04 am

Turpidus moved out of the shadows, having waited for Maeror to finish with Angalacon before speaking; the two of them did not get along, and while it would be enjoyable to needle him about nearly getting screwed over by a Padawan, doing so in front of their master was neither the time, nor the place.

"Lord Maeror," he said, respectfully. Truthfully, Maeror was the only person he would address as such. "I apologize for being unable to return sooner during these past few years, but exposing us to the Jedi would have been going against your orders."

Tamil grimaced at Ford's assertion that Davik was dead. "Unbelievable. He was always the best of us. These Sith may truly be more dangerous than any before."

Hearing that Rowena was aboard Home One, Tamil's worries were forgotten. "I suppose that is the best we can hope for; Ena can handle herself against a few unwanted guests."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:36 am

Maeror stood looking up at the sky for a moment before responding. "How did she escape you?" He asked inquiring about Rowena.

-----

Ford nodded. "I know she can." He said before walking off.

Luke sighed. "He and Davik were close."
Back to top Go down
EonArashi
Professional Member
Professional Member
EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 5:48 am

Turpidus smirked, though it was hidden by his helmet. "I allowed her to leave. I expected her to get into space, thus leaving an opportunity for Calspur to face her freely and without actively seeming to seek her out. His Force Corruption has likely already planted its seeds in her mind." He then chuckled slightly, folding his arms. "I will admit, however, that I never expected her to do so well. I could feel Angalacon's fury from the planet's surface. What provoked such a reaction?"

Tamil shrugged. "That is simply the way things are. I also suffered when my Master joined the Force on Geonosis. You likely felt the same when Master Kenobi and Master Yoda passed on. He will learn from it, as we all have. I have faith in him."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:01 am

Maeror glanced back. "Did you allow her to leave simply to impede Angalacon? I would hate for you to have squander the opportunity to kill her master and bring her over to us just to spite Angalacon. I do hate wasted potential." He said looking towards the ruins of the old Jedi Temple, still broken from the Jedi Purge years ago. The Empire had left it in ruins as a symbol of their power and the Republic had yet to build it back up.

"Your feud with Angalacon must end Turpidus." Maeror said. "Bring that Padawan to our Order and see that her master becomes one with the Force. The younger generation of Force Sensitives has incredible potential and it must be put to our use."

-----

Luke nodded. "He is strong for himself, but I sense in him fear. Not for him but for his padawan."

Saltatha nodded and gave a small growl in agreement.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi
Professional Member
Professional Member
EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:53 am

Turpidus scoffed at the notion. "Hardly, Lord Maeror. Angalacon's mistakes were his own fault. That she was even able to do so merely proves my point, that she is worthy to become a leader among the Sith."

He nodded in response to Maeror's instructions, turning to leave, but mentioned one more thing. "A gift from my travels awaits on your shuttle; the Holocron of the ancient Sith Inquisitor, Darth Nox. It assisted me greatly in learning to increase my strength; may it do the same for you."

"An unavoidable consequence of having trouble-making Padawans, unfortunately," Tamil replied dryly, but his expression remained serious. "We made the decision to allow Jaxie to determine her own future. What she holds doesn't change who she is. Even now, I'll abide by that decision."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 7:01 am

"Gratitude Turpidus." Maeror said. "Keep me informed of your progress."

-----

"I am not questioning the decision." Luke said. "Merely expressing concern for them. They walk a path far more dangerous than our own. They have many trials ahead of them."
Back to top Go down
EonArashi
Professional Member
Professional Member
EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:00 am

Tamil sighed, leaning back on the bulkhead. "I know, Luke. I sense it too. But there are many others who walk the line between darkness and light. I feel a similar fear for Ena, but I have faith. And we will support them." He turned his head and glanced towards where he could feel Ford's Force signature. "They'll need it now, more than ever. I agree with you on that point."

Rowena was tired. Exhausted, even. Between the brief fight with Turpidus, the attack on the spaceport, the attack run on Angalacon's cruiser, fighting off a dozen Sith Warriors, and her duel with Alturian, she was on her last thread of patience and energy. Of course, even despite that state, she'd chosen to chase after the lingering darkness on board Home One, rather than rest.

"Where the kriff is this scragging darkness coming from?!" she snarled finally, making several passing crew members jump and stare. She let out a breath, mindful of her surroundings, and waved them off with a mild apology.

You should let it lie, Padawan, the unknown Master's voice spoke to her once more. Your frustration is only growing, it will blind you.

She sighed, finally slumping into a padded bench along the wall. I'm sorry, Master, she projected to them. Wherever they were. You've given me so much help already, you shouldn't have to give more just because I'm being stubborn.

The voice chuckled slightly, warm and comforting. A Jedi's life is sacrifice, Padawan. Apparently, their afterlife is as well.

Ena started at that bit, focusing a bit more intently. Afterlife? You're a Force Ghost?

I will explain everything when you have the time and patience to properly meditate on what has happened today, they replied, voice placating. For now, though, you need rest. Even a Master would be on their last legs after the day you've had to deal with.

Rowena admitted, to herself if no one else, that they had a point. She could use a nap. Wake me when we get there, I guess, she projected, flopping down on the bench and curling into a ball to sleep.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:46 am

Luke nodded and looked out the hangar into space, the energy field protecting those inside. They were in hyperspace on their way to Dac.

"Get some rest Tamil." Luke suggested before heading to the bridge.

Saltatha put a paw on Tamil's shoulder and gave him a reassuring growl.

-----

Chancellor Mothma stood in a conference room, the hologram projection of Grand Admiral Thrawn was before her.

"I thank you for your aid today Admiral." Mothma said. "I ask why you helped us so quickly."

"I had a fleet nearby at Serapin, I ordered them to Coruscant as a show of good will." Thrawn said. "We have our differences, Chancellor but we have a common foe. The Mandalorians and now this Sith threat."

"We will be torn apart if we don't work together." Mothma agreed.

"I offer an alliance, between the Empire and your forces." Thrawn said.

"Will you recognize the Republic as a legitimate government?" Mothma asked.

"If we survive this war, we can speak again about such things." Thrawn said. "I will contact your Admiral Ackbar shortly so we may begin to devise a strategy for counter offensives."

Mothma nodded. "Very well then.' She said ending the communication.

-----

Ackbar stood on the bridge of Home One going over the reports from the frontlines. "Full retreat everywhere, Republic and Imperial worlds alike...they took the Core in a day..."

"It took us six months to wrest the Core from the Empire..." Another officer said.

Ackbar sighed and slumped back in his chair. The Republic Core Fleet was in full retreat back to Dac, they had to refit and repair their ships in order to get back into the fight. Other Republic Fleets moved into positions in the galaxy to prepare for further defense and counter attacks.

-----

Ford went into the area allotted for them to rest in and went into a meditative state, revitalizing himself.

-----

Han watched as Dac came into view as the Falcon dropped out of Hyperspace. He flew the ship in towards the capital city.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 10:42 am

Nazrin opens the door to the interrogation room, where Trent lies dead on the table and Case rests against him. He looms over her like a tower, blocking the doorway casting a shadow into the room.

---

Jaxie sits in her quarters, attempting to meditate and clear her head. But as she centers herself, finds her inner light, something grips at her, giving her a start. Wha-? This thing then violently drags Jaxie away from her inner light, closer and closer to the darkness as she claws at the ground to get free. The dragging shadow takes the form of Jaxie's father as she turns over to get a better look at it and possibly break free. The man looks over his shoulder at her as she freezes at the sight of his face. "Rotten little murderer," he says, his voice echoing in her head.

Jaxie snaps back to reality and stands up. Everything in the room is suspended in mid air and drops upon her realizing it. She collects herself and leaves with her hands in her pockets. "Walk. I'll go for a walk. Get my mind off of things. Yeah. That'll do it."

---

Kitty sits back in a space port bar, hands folded behind her head, legs crossed and feet up on the table. Around her are all manner of unsavory sorts and the band in the back blasts the same song on a seemingly endless loop. Cairn approaches her with a crate of parts and she opens one eye. "Yeees?" she says.

"Shouldn't you be workin' on fixin' the ship?" Cairn asks, setting the crate down on her table.

"I can do that any time. It'd only take a couple minutes. These the parts for the gun repairs?"

Cairn reaches into the crate and pulls out one of the many parts, looking it over before tossing it to her. "S'what they gave me when I read 'em your list."

"Hm... well this is all correct, but... it's only, like, 12% of what was on the list."

"You have the money for the other 88?"

Kitty looks around at the room's occupants and grins. She hops up and claps her hands together before cracking her knuckles. "Gi'me 15 minutes and I will," she says.

---

Tsuni stands guard in the conference room and approaches Mothma when the meeting ends, being that she's the only Republic soldier present. "I never would have expected cooperation to be won so easily, Chancellor."

---

Nix stands just outside of the Mandalore's holding cell, arms crossed. "Hello," she says, in a mock pleasant tone that betrays her grim expression. "You know, because of you my reward for that job went up in flames. And the way I see it, you also owe me for saving your neck back there."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 10:51 am

Luke met Jaxie in the hall on his way to the bridge. "Are you alright?" He asked, he could sense turmoil within her.

-----

Mothma nodded. "Necessity breeds cooperation." She said. "Soon enough we'll be negotiating what we each want."

-----

Baltan looked up at Nix, his armor had been confiscated. "Yeah? Well the way I see it I'm a dead man anyways. Empire and Republic aren't gonna let me go."
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 11:02 am

Case sensed someone was in the room and opened her eyes to see a dark shadow figure. When her eyes adjusted she could make out the features of Nazrin. She was too exhausted to fight him.

"This is your masters fault. You left him to die and you're only going to lose me too if you keep going."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 11:34 am

Before the girl can finish her thought, Nazrin telekinetically forces her mouth shut. Anything to find solace from her incessant prattling. Then he levitates her, keeping her mouth shut and blocking his mind from any form of mental intrusion, before walking off. A couple of Sith Warriors stop as he leaves the room with her in tow. They salute and Nazrin nods into the room at Trent's body.

"Sir," one of the Warriors says.

"We'll take it to waste distribution immediately," the other says.

Nazrin then pulls the girl out of their way as they march in, unstrap the body from the table, and drag it off. Once they're gone, Nazrin leaves. Silence. The entire trip from the interrogation room to wherever Nazrin intends to take her, is silent. Beautifully silent. Eventually he makes his way to a shuttle, looking to a recruit inside.

"Aye, aye, sir. To the Hammer of Korriban," the recruit says as Nazrin projects a thought into his head.

Nazrin drops the girl to the floor of the shuttle like a rag doll, keeping her mouth sealed. Then he steps back and away from the door as it shuts behind him, not unsealing her mouth until the shuttle has gone, leaving him on the Leviathan and her on the way to see Angalacon. With her gone, Nazrin leaves, returning to his own post in Communications.

---

"No," Jaxie says without thinking, lost in her own head. Suddenly she springs back to the real world. "Y-yes! I'm fine. I'll... be fine. I'm just tired, what with all the stuff that's been going on, is all... uh... sir."

---

"That seems as though it will be more difficult than any war fought on the battlefield," Tsuni jests.

---

"No, I don't suppose they are," Nix says, suddenly stepping through the bars to his cell. "But that's okay. See, I don't really care about the money, anymore. You tried to get rid of me." She kneels in front of him, staring him right in the eye. "Now, we both know I can't just let that go, can I?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: A New Dawn   Star Wars: A New Dawn - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: A New Dawn
Page 6 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next