Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to 2016

Go down 
+3
Chronicler
EonArashi
winterprince
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 1:03 pm

hmm, to change my name or not, and what do I go with.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 9:50 am

I just changed mine because it's the username I use literally everywhere else.

On that note, sorry I keep phasing out of activity. I happened to get commissioned by two different people at once and writing commissions tend to take a while. Still workin' on it, but I may have a little free time Wednesday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 9:51 am

I would've went with life... Reality... It sucks lol!
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 10:41 am

Well... yes, but my job is to write fictional stories about dragons and/or people in spangly outfits. In other words, my job is to ignore reality. Can't much complain about that. XD
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 10:43 am

Now that doesn't sound too bad at all lol that's technically still having fun lol
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 1:29 pm

Oh yeah? What you gonna change it to?
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:48 pm

I'm thinking Chronicler or Watcher
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 7:08 am

I like both of those man, either would suit you well.

That's cool Ink, sounds like an interesting Job. Surprised you haven't gotten into our fantasy RPG since you write about Dragons

Also how is Eon doing? Haven't heard from him a while either.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 9:23 am

My not being involved in more RPs really is a product of time. Though the freelance writing is seldom as much of a time gobbler as school. It just happens that I got commissioned by two different people at once for stuff, so my attention's being pulled in five different directions, rather than just three. That said, I'm generally more prone to sci-fantasy and low fantasy than the traditional sort, anyway.

He's fine, he just can't use his hands a terrible lot at the moment. S'why I've been scribing for him when I can.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 10:42 am

Pass on that I hope things become better for him. Is there any way that he could use a program that does voice to text?

Also I want to commission you to write a book about a girl called mel who's absolutely clumsy, and kicks ass haha I can't imagine it would be a good read though
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 11:05 am

Well Clash is low fantasy similar to Game of Thrones, but I feel ya,
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 10:03 am

Happy Easter
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 9:27 am

Yeah, happy Easter.

Did anyone else go to see Batman v Superman?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 9:43 am

Unfortunately, yes.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 9:50 am

Well, really, I don't know what anybody else was expecting from Zack Snyder. I didn't hate this movie but it's clear that DC and those involved's probably screwed their chance at trying to build a cohesive cinematic universe. Snyder knows how to create wonderful visuals but he can't tell a story for shit through them, at least not when attempting to shove in three or four different set ups and plotlines in one movie.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 9:57 am

The plain as day summary of my opinion on the thing. Be warned - Spoilers, in case anyone hasn't seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNrrDTEoN4w
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:05 am

Yes to all ^^^

I thought Ben was fine as Batman and I thought Gal will make a good Wonder Woman when she gets more than 5 lines and is in the movie for more than a handful of scenes. I literally don't think Wonder Woman and Superman even spoke to another...

Too many story lines (Death of Superman and Dark Knight Rises in one movie?!), I hated Lex he was not Lex Luthor.

Captain America: Civil War is gonna slaughter this movie and I REALLY wanted this movie to be amazing because Batman is one of my favorite characters and if it was awesome it meant Marvel was gonna have to stay honest.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:10 am

Well, I'm sure Marvel's laughing their ass off right now but I'm not gonna place all my chips on Civil War yet since I haven't seen it, but considering it's the Russo brothers at the helm I do feel rather positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGsrMaxx8N4
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:00 am

Boys don't do this to me! I'm seeing it today as it's the only movie left at the cinemas I haven't seen. All in all though I'm going for ww lol so it's disappointing to hear she says hardly a thing. I've heard she will be featured in the next movie
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 pm

ShineyMan wrote:
Well, I'm sure Marvel's laughing their ass off right now but I'm not gonna place all my chips on Civil War yet since I haven't seen it, but considering it's the Russo brothers at the helm I do feel rather positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGsrMaxx8N4

Speaking as a fan of both DC and Marvel, screw that comment of DC characters aside from Superman and Batman being lame. But otherwise, I agree.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 1:06 pm

DC has plenty of awesome characters. In fact my all time favorite character is Dick Grayson, he tops out Steve Rogers for me, just barely.

Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:06 pm

My general thing tends to be that DC has more characters that I like, but of the ones I like from Marvel, I tend to like them more intensely. Cap and Spidey being chief examples as my respective first and second favorite heroes, whereas the next seven spots on that list are occupied by DC characters or DC characters sharing slots with Marvel characters.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 10:08 am

Mine is a mix, like my top 10 would have to go

1. Nightwing
2. Captain America
3. Venom

then 4-10 are pretty much Superman, Batman, Deathstroke, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Deadpool, and Wonder Woman in no real particular order.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Mine are

Captain America
Spider-Man
Star-Girl & S.T.R.I.P.E
Flash (Barry)
Wonder Woman/Ms. Marvel
Superman/Batman
Hulk
Green Lantern (Hal)
Ghost Rider (Johnny)
Bat-Girl/Super-Girl

Though it shifts around after the top 5 pretty frequently.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 1:32 am

I saw the film back on Monday and I enjoyed parts of it but you do know though that if it were two girls having a fight it wouldn't take 3 to 4 hours of a film haha! It dragged on for ages. I also didn't like how in this new version batman is a cold asshole with no motivation and superman was too caught up in lois that he wasn't always there for anyone else.

I also saw trailers of the new capt America and I hate how tiny stark is becoming someone we can't stand. The comics made us love these guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2016   Welcome to 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to 2016
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Lounge Room :: Social Room-
Jump to: