Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kairos Arche

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Kairos Arche
Idea 1
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
Idea 2
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Idea 3
25%
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Mellicious
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Kairos Arche   Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Idea 1: the characters we had in Pantheon are long forgotten like todays world, but just like with todays world we still need the gods, so they have sent their children to mix amongst the mortals saving them while maintaining a hidden identity. Other mythologies have heard of what the Greeks have decided and have sent forward children of their own lands to help protect Earth.

Idea 2: Like percy jackson, completely new with teenagers experiencing god like powers. May or may not be directly related to actual gods of mythology. Again can include other mythologies.

Idea 3: any age, and any mythology in the one rpg.

Feel free to comment and add.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:29 pm

I'd go with the first one or third one. Really they sound like they'd more or less function about the same, just one factors in the continuity of a previous RP and one doesn't. Only question I have is what time period Option 1 is taking place. Is that supposed to be modern? How long have the gods been mixing it up with the mortals? Are all of these young gods/demigods sent into the world like "That's it. Shoo. Go play with the mortals, or something" or were some of them born among mortals and the like? Are said gods just protecting mortals from themselves? If god level business is going down, how, exactly, are they hiding it? Just get a time god or nigh omnipotent to perform a time loop/mass mind wipe? Questions and Riddles, Conundrums and Quizzes, so very many I see.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Haha I love your wording had a great laugh.

Option one is almost what they've done with Percy Jackson which is set in current times though I don't know too much of the story cept that I've seen the first film and thought it had potential hence the second film.

The first option is so we can carry over aspects of the old one we liked, I'd use the same actress I did. Sometimes it's tricky making a brand new fresh person.

Apart from that I'm all up for hearing ideas if anyone has a good plot.

The only one I've got is that my character brings her child into the current day and age when she's a baby and now she's about 16 and is discovering strange things about herself and wonders what she is. Dunno if that sounds lame.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:10 am

I like the idea of the gods sending their children down to blend in with the common people, although the aspect of perhaps young people all over the world somehow being blessed by a power or weapon from a god through particular means sounds like it could be interesting, too. As you said, Kari, we just need a plot of some kind to bring everyone together.

Okay, so, often in a story gods get their powers through mortals believing in them and that they exist. So, what if the gods are too weak to stop something horrible from happing to the mortals and the earth they walk on, and they need 'idols' or 'representatives' to fight for them and protect humanity from impending doom? That's pretty similar to Percy Jackson, I think, but not exactly like it. I suppose there would have to be a good reason for why exactly these kids or young adults have been chosen, too.

Or we just go with a blend of Option 1 and 3.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:30 am

the original concept for the Pantheon rpg was the old Olympians-Zeus, Hera, Hades, ect. created the new Olympians to battle the returning Titans. I think if we carry anything over from that rpg, this is what we should carry over. 

I like the idea of a percy jackson or young gods/demigods learning to use their gifts. And the third option I think could fit into any of the first two options.

My thought on what the rpg could be
Time period- Modern days

How long have the gods been mixing with mortals- Since the dawn of time

Why these kids are here- 1)Because it is not permitted for gods to have contact with their half mortal children, but they often break this 'rule'. 2)The children of two gods are there to see what makes mortals so special. 3)There is a coming danger (return of the Titans of old, Ragnarok, apocalypse, etc.) that they are there to protect the mortal world from.

Why don't the mortals see the god buisness- Most are hidden by natural disasters (hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes...) or freak 'supernatural' events (hauntings, mysterious disappearances, etc.). Mortals that witness 'god business' and live to tell about it usually wind up in a mental hospital or insane assylum.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:00 am

Okay, so, I like the idea of these children procreated or made directly by the gods are sent down to evaluate the mortals, and I think possibly that they should try and recruit demigods in the modern age who are mostly unaware of their 'heritage' so to speak.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:53 am

I would say that the true children of the gods are there to evaluate and the threat could come from them. Some might see the appeal of the mortals while others might see just their flaws and deem them unworthy to continue on. There could also be those that are purists, that want to get rid of the half breeds. Could be that the two later groups join forces to wipe out mortals and demigods alike while the former recruits these demigods to assist in stopping them.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:40 am

Yeah, I like that idea quite a lot.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:53 am

Think I'll make my first one a "new god/demigod" who doesn't want anything to do with the whole issue and just lives as a genuine mortal but that world keeps trying to drag her into it. Got an idea to have it be sort of like Sherlock Holmes meets Indiana Jones. A swashbuckling adventurer and mystery savant that's tied to all this but is more of the "straight character".

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:56 am

then it seems as if we've got a decent idea for an overall plot.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:10 am

Yep.

A very interesting character concept, Twi, can't wait to see how the profile for that character turns out.

I'm gonna have to brew on some ideas for a character. Nothing concrete as of yet.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:14 am

I'm going with something like this.  May tweak a little, but yeah.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Twi on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:14 am

ahh, it was inevitable that there would be a character that wants to be left out. Like the idea twi

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:06 am

I can imagine her reaction being very 'Oh fine, I'll friggin' do it' when she is roped into mythical conflicts and such, it seems like a rather amusing character trait of sorts.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:56 am

yes indeed

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:49 pm

Is anyone taking characters from the old rpg? Or making completely new ones unrelated?

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:21 pm

I'm just going with new ones.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:26 pm

What about the inclusion of other mythologies? Are our characters the children of gods from myths?

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:19 pm

yes, that is what I suggested. Our characters would be either young demigods (children of a god and mortal like Hercules or Helen of Troy) or young gods (children of two gods like Ares [son of Hera and Zues]) themselves. The young gods are there observing the mortal world with some wanting to just wipe out all mortals since all they see is the bad side of mortals and team up with other young gods who believe demigods should be wiped out as well. The other side of the young gods, those that see the potential in mortals, are recruiting demigods to help protect the mortal world. 

I know it's just a very basic idea but if you really want a lot of details before starting it up then here goes.

All the different pantheons (Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse) as well as the various gods of other ancient religions have sort of faded from the minds of mortals but have not abandoned them. They still have interactions with mortals even having children with them just as they did in ancient times. These encounters are written off as alien abductions in today's society. The children of these encounters live, often not knowing they are the son or daughter of a god or ever meeting they're mother/father since it was established long ago that immortals shall not have interaction with their half mortal children (though they often break this rule). Every once in awhile young gods are permitted to visit the mortal realm observing and often testing the mortals. In the past this has resulted in the destruction of entire countries and people (Antlantis, Pompeii, ...). That time has come again for young gods to observe the mortal world, though this time around there purists seeking to wipe out demigods as well as those that see the mortals as nothing more than brutes and savages who should simply be erased from existence. In their way though stand those young gods that see the potential and promise of mortals and have sought out their cousins and half brothers/sisters to aide them in protecting the mortal world. Some prefer to stay out of the affair of the gods, some are eager to join the cause and some might have more nefarious ideas for their gifts.

PostSubject: Re: Kairos Arche   

Back to top Go down

Kairos Arche
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1