Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Welcome to 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Mellicious
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:18 pm

The thing I hate is the- oh you need to drink more water. Really? Gosh if I knew that it would've been so easy. I wanted to throw my bottle at the girl. I had drank heaps and had 17 icecubes down my back, neither of the two helped in bringing down the body temperature. It was that unbearably hot.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:47 am

Well at least you're okay now! That's what matters!

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Oh man, so many new trailers for so many comicbook movies lately! It's so good to live in this era of filmmaking where your childhood heroes and favorite characters get thrown onto the big screen.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:02 pm

ShineyMan wrote:
Oh man, so many new trailers for so many comicbook movies lately! It's so good to live in this era of filmmaking where your childhood heroes and favorite characters get thrown onto the big screen.

Oooo what's new?

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Pissing Contests.

And X-Men: Apocalypse. One I'm actually looking forward to despite my typically not liking the Apocalypse story lines.

And Captain America: Civil War. Which also looks stellar, if only because it has absolutely nothing to do with the actual comic. Because seriously. Screw that comic... sideways... with a rusty pipe.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:12 am

I like what they're doing in Civil War it's got the Sokovia Accords which is essentially the Superhuman Registration Act but worldwide and then their's the Bucky storyline to make it personal between Stark and Rogers.

ALSO STAR WARS which trumps anything.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:55 am

As iffy as I am on the Bucky thing since the trailer really just paints it as if Tony's jealous, I hope they focus on that more than the Sokovia crap. Having them killing each other over the Superhuman Registration Act in the comic (which was, itself, a ludicrously stupid idea and just a repetition of the mutant registration act, AKA the reason the X-Men were mostly unimportant in the story since any major involvement on their part would've forced logic into the equation. Hence why logic-breakers Bishop and Cable got important roles) and nothing more just reduced that storyline to grown men bickering like children in a sandbox while recklessly throwing sand around and involving everyone around them, including those not in the sandbox in the first place. There were no heroes in that story. Just villains and victims (victims of piss poor writing). Not to mention that while Stamford was bad, the world had endured WAY worse than that, before. Like, hm... how about when Kang blew up D.C or maybe when Ultron slaughtered an entire country. Both within the span of a few months, by the way. The SRA was a contrived reason to get some hero v hero action in and it just didn't work. By the end there wasn't anyone to root for because everyone looked bad. If anything the one rallying cry of the series was "For the love of god, someone SHUT MARIA HILL UP." That's why when the idea for this movie was getting thrown around I was wary. The trailer alleviated a lot of that but I'd need to see more in order to not have serious reservations. For now, though, I'm just glad it doesn't look like it's "Superhero Registration" because that whole idea is just... just freakin' stupid.

But on from that tangent that I've avoided for about a decade, yas. Star Wars. It beats all the things... at least until Infinity War. Then... hoo boy.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:57 pm

I'm not sure what I make of the trailer for I think it's the new captain America movie. I saw one where tony stark appears to be this really big ego d word

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:31 am

Yeah that's the new Cap movie. Tony is the antagonist of the story but not necessarily a villain. I'm sure he's pro the Sokovia Accords after feeling guilty about everything with Ultron and he's hunting Bucky down because well 70 years of killing people for HYDRA.

I mean I'm pro Cap cause Cap is my boo but it'll be a good storyline especially if they focus on the personal struggle between Tony and Steve over Bucky's fate.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:03 am

As Cap is my favorite superhero, I'm inclined to agree with all that. I hope they do stress that personal struggle. I'd rather not fall into story where there's no one/nothing to root for... again.

And of course they're hiding Spidey from the trailers T-T

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:35 am

Don't forget that The Winter Soldier most likely had a hand in getting rid of Howard Stark. Don't know if that's confirmed or not.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:15 am

I thought they specified in the first IronMan film that his dad either got sick or died in a wreck. Although there is the possibility that Hydra used Bucky to orchestrate the second. I don't see them using him for something as subtle as basic poisoning, though I could definitely understand him making a car wreck look like an accident. My main thing with it is really just "You know Cap and you know he wouldn't lie about something like this. If Cap tells you the man was being mind controlled, you have legitimately no reason not to believe him other than just not wanting to." If it winds up seeming like the entire plot point could've been avoided with a simple conversation, we'll have a problem. Not saying that's how it'll definitely go, but it's certainly a danger. Which is part of the danger of Civil War as an idea in general, it had a problem of making characters (Especially Steve and Tony) act against themselves. I hope this movie does a better job of it.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:34 pm

I went to the Star Wars premiere. Major spoiler- they sing just like in most disney movies lol!

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:41 am

I'm seeing it tonight with Allison and some friends...I have been waiting for this movie for soooooo long!!!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:53 am

Ooo enjoy! You'll absolutely love it. As on Facebook I haven't spoiled a single bit of the movie except tell everyone that it's the best musical that Disney has ever produced hehehehe

I also love the jar jar bonks is a sith and chewbacca gets married and has little chewies

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:28 am

Well, time to get off the internet for a while until I've seen it myself, haha.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:07 am

People have been posting spoilers all day, I've refrained from Facebook since I've gotten up lol

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:09 am

As a writer whose friends are more or less all writers, Facebook is actually like the one corner of the internet that's SAFE for me XD

We HATE spoilers.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:35 pm

So I just got back from Star Wars, guys....yes. It's good, real good and does have that Original Trilogy feel too it.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Damn I'm busted. No singing and dancing

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:02 am

I saw it, I saw it! It was awesome! Everything I wanted and then some. Flaws, certainly, but no complaints.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:59 am

Saw it just a few hours ago and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, it's a really great movie, yet I'm also conflicted but that's probably only because I've got so many questions that won't be answered until two years from now.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:49 am

Until I know Shaun has seen it I don't wanna talk about it too much, but I fanboyed HARD.

It has made me wanna respark our Star Wars RPG if everyone else is down.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:52 am

I am SO down.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:58 am

cheers cheers cheers

I'll look up the basic plot I had going and see if it's something we wanna continue with or did we wanna play off the new movie or something?

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next