Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to 2015

Go down 
+2
The Captain
ShineyMan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, but it's good to know you and your friend is safe.

I'm gonna head to bed, see you guys tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks guys, just remaining on alert. The scene here is shocking, when we finally get a chance to head up into the hills we'll see a totally different scene. Already there's been a horrible tragedy of a dog and cat boarding kennel being burned and they lost 40 dogs and all the cats, I'm furious that they ignored the advice to get out, causing the death of people's animals. If this was Maggie, I'd sue them for every cent.

But so far I'm fine, the only time I have to really have reason to be stressed and take action is if a fire starts kms away in the national park. It has the ability to travel down the valley so the first that would be impacted would be the university and that cant burn down, I'd have no where to study lol. But with the major assets in the valley like the uni but also a major hospital, the aim would be on protecting those at all costs.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 2:13 pm

Sorry guys not snubbing any of you. Been to a few appointments today, annoying and a waste of time but welfare says its a requirement to still attend up until I get the official letter saying I'm in university and enrolled, until then I'm technically a job seeker not seeking lol. A real pain in the neck.

I've seen your posts and I think they deserve more than the simple one line reply. Will post later tonight but you'll be in bed so don't try to be night owls by the time I get a spare moment could be the time you're awake again
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:57 am

Yeah, that sucks, Kari. It's a good thing you're out there looking, though. It doesn't hurt your chances, really, to keep yourself active that way.

Well, time zones are a tricky thing and it's not unusual that something keeps me busy from getting on here.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 2:24 pm

ShineyMan wrote:
Yeah, that sucks, Kari. It's a good thing you're out there looking, though. It doesn't hurt your chances, really, to keep yourself active that way.

Well, time zones are a tricky thing and it's not unusual that something keeps me busy from getting on here.

Sorry it wasn't the time zones keeping me away lately, its the heatwave and the fires we've had. It's been 36-42c over the past seven days which equates to 121 i believe, and it caused the massive fires which burned 26 homes, no lives except for the poor animals at the boarding kennel place. But even now some smaller fires are still cropping up and the smoke gets blown down into the lower suburbs. Yesterday when I got off the bus it was like stepping into a furnace, the ground was hot and I was sweating so much I felt really sick. Managed to get 100m to the local subway store and the girl at the counter saw how red i was and said to have a seat with my coke and cookie and cool down. She said to pay when I was ready to leave, and I thought she was a real angel to had acted quickly for me.

As for the job hunting, its ceased. Social Security called Centrelink, or Sink-a-link lol, know that I'm going to study and the rules are study full time or look for work. As you can't leave the service of a employment agency until you show them evidence that you're enrolled you have to keep going to appointments and do absolutely nothing because if you attempt to apply for a job its not fair on the business and company if you actually can't commit yourself due to study. So I'm in a pickle.

Though there's good news Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 671384 Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 671384 I have just received an email as well as spotted on the university log in page that the area where you see if you have been made an offer has been shut down and won't reopen until thursday 15th when all the offers are made available. No more early offers will be made until the official day. Good luck to them, they have a huge job to do.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:27 am

That was really nice of her!

I gotcha, yeah, that is quite the pickle to be in.

So, that means you'll find out more the 15th, is what I'm gathering?
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:20 am

The official news that I have been made an offer into one of the courses I've chosen, I've only put down two though, to study the one I want or to do it externally. As I meet the requirements it's meant to be guaranteed that I have a spot set aside for me but I just can't afford to be:cheers: (big headed) about this. I don't consider myself the sort to sit and think things are absolutely confirmed, not until I get the proper proof
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 8:36 am

It was only just over a week ago I was complaining of a sore knee now I'm back there again but this time with a bit more serious injuries. Went out Thursday night and was walking along when my friend stepped on a broken concrete panel and created a tip up effect making my side come up. I got my foot caught on the gap of about over an inch to five centremetres and slammed down. The force and sound had me and the two behind me thinking the worst with broken bones. Attracted heaps of bystanders much to the annoyance of my friend who wondered how I could manage to draw in that many, I certainly wasn't asking for it but people pulled over in their cars- two cars.

In the end one of the men suggested that we try and get me standing and see just how bad things look, I was surprised and still in a huge state of shock the only things that were damaged was my ego of course lol, banged up knee, bruised thigh and two sore wrists. A miracle it wasn't an old lady.

With fearing that it could've happened to some old person I've rang the council who sent a team out immediately and they will contact me soon. They may offer some form of compensation for my injuries.

But I do accept all forms of hugs well not the groping sort lol
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 3:36 am

need to move some rpgs along, at least those that have stalled.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:50 am

Good idea. I'll see what I can do. I don't have much planned at the moment for anything.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:52 am

me either, just want to try to keep them going so they don't become forgotten
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:09 am

Sent you a pm venom re haven
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 11:26 am

Yeah, I want those rpgs to keep rolling, as well.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 8:23 am

Bubbly time- that I mean coke hehehe

Good news!!!! flower Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 671384 Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 671384 Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 577296 Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 577296 I got in!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 1:39 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers SWEEEEEET!
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:13 am

I knew I would but it's nice having it in writing. Especially that you have a place and it's yours. Its nice to have that moment even if let's say I enter the course and later found I didn't like it at least this moment today I can do the one finger good old salute to those who said once that I wouldn't be able to handle the workload.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:44 pm

That's the right kind of spirit to have, Mel! Very Happy I do hope you end up liking the class, though!
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 am

Gosh I love public holidays especially when you don't have to do anything at all.

Check out this video on YouTube and stand for the 'new' anthem of Australia:

https://youtu.be/rMdbVHPmCW0

Probably want to pack your bags and come for a visit after seeing it, that's alright let me know when to fire up the barbie
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 am

looks like a fun place to visit
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:34 am

Heading to bed, but first, has anyone see the new Fantastic Four trailer? What did you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:39 am

I think I'm still really just not impressed. My only real compliment for it is that if that is the voice of Dr. Doom, then that is awesome.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:48 am

Saw still very "eh to no" about it, I just hate what they did Doctor Doom
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:51 am

My main gripe is Dr. Doom as well, but seriously. The government? Again? We haven't exhausted that angle by now?
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:47 pm

Usually it looks pretty good. I did not see enough about what age story will be. Over all I'm still on the fence, did not see anything that make me say this .il be worth seeing in the theatre.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 8:18 am

I'm a bit more optimistic about it, now that I know that the movie actually exists. It's not found footage, either, which was silly to assume to begin with. But, I don't know, I hate the way they construct trailers today. This one felt like watching the Interstellar trailer to me. I would've liked to see them interact with each other instead in some way. I guess they don't call them teaser trailers for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to 2015   Welcome to 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to 2015
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Archives :: 2015-
Jump to: