Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC Universe- 2100

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:58 pm

"Really, now? I wasn't expecting that one, at all. Alas, only so much information on that is available," Ruby says, sipping her wine. She sets the glass back on the table and folds her hands. "Lucky for you, I deal in what's not available. So... Clue's past. I'll assume you're aware that Clue was a mercenary before... this. One of the best, in fact. Comparable to Deathstroke, even. Not very creative, though. Just called himself, 'The Hitman'. Still. He had a rather impressive record. But I'll assume you want details before that? Like how long he served in the military before he was 'captured'? How long he was an officer, here, in Bludhaven? His ex-wife? Perhaps even... his name?"
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:23 pm

"No.", he answers bluntly. "A lot of that is tempting, truly, but one can assume that there is no leverage on Clue, no matter his past. I just wanna know every bit of dirt you've got on his career as 'The Hit-Man'."
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:37 pm

"Aw. The boring, easy to get stuff? No fun. Oh well. It dips into the colorful details, at least a little. During his last tour, Clue was captured and kept as a POW where he was subjected to some... special tests. The drug running through his system? Once upon a time it was used to maintain his abilities and keep him alive. But now it seems like it's fused into his bloodstream. It's what makes him more or less impossible to kill. Everything I have on his records and his return to American soil suggests that he originally sold his services as a mercenary to get the coin to return. But there was nothing left to return to. His wife had already left him, prior. He probably meant to reconcile with her, but she died at the heart of a gang squabble. At the time, Bludhaven's police corruption was such that there was no way he was getting his old position back and he'd already been more or less abandoned by his country so the military was out. He went back to mercenary work and started building a name for himself. If I had to guess, I'd say the lack of anything worth caring about maybe desensitized him. He indiscriminately went after crime lords, philanthropists, and even a certain one-eyed rival merc. That one ended in a draw, I hear. I have a few files regarding old hideouts and contacts of his. You can take a look at those... for a bit extra, that is."
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:44 pm

"Name your price.", Derek says and folds his hands, waiting expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:49 pm

"You knew of my business, Mister Wilson. So I'll assume you're already aware of my currency for the more... privileged information. A favor. At an unspecified time. Nothing too outlandish, I assure you. Wouldn't want you straining your... injury."
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Derek begins to smirk. He finally nods. "Alright. I'll agree to that. I don't suppose you'd wanna sell me your silence on whatever dirt you've got on me", he asks with a light-hearted tone, giving her a charming smile. He knew she wouldn't, and if by small chance she agreed, he would probably end up owing her for life with favors.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:08 pm

"A tempting offer. How much time do you think you have, exactly?" She snaps her fingers. "Bruno, the files on Clue, if you would." Bruno nods, setting a new glass of wine down in front of Ruby then leaving to retrieve the documents.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 pm

"Fund raisers are generally a life hazard. Listening to senators talk about importing grass for their lawn from outseas might bore me to death one day.", Derek jokes. His associate meanwhile hasn't moved an inch since he sat down.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:45 pm

"I'll make some calls, to the League and our other allies." Batman said. "I'm certain a few will join us."

-----

Deathstroke twirled his blade around as he stood guard with Paradox.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:27 am

"Fine. But if we're going with the shadier options, which I recommend, then only one of us here has the power to move enough money to get Deathstroke's attention," Catalyst says. She glances to Bat-Girl.

"You think I'm going to use Derek's money to hire a murderer? Really?"

"Takes one to know one."

"I've never-"

"Tell me. Did you know Clue had a healing factor?" Catalyst says, returning to her monitors.

Bat-Girl glares at her and leaves. "I'm going to go find Cat-Woman and Inque. Get someone else to hire your killer. You bunch can handle the rest."

When Bat-Girl is gone, Catalyst looks through a few files. "Someone could stand to lighten up."

-----

"That's why I run a night club, my friend," Ruby says. "Varied and interesting company."

Bruno returns and hands the documents on Clue to Ruby. "The papers you wanted, madam."

"Thank you, dear," Ruby says. She holds the folder out. "A full accounting of all of Clue's hideouts and arms dealers, as well as other contacts, everyone that's ever hired him, everyone that's ever hired someone against him, and everyone he's killed. Some less interesting stuff, too. Medical records and whatnot. I'll be keeping the juicy details for myself, if you don't mind. You can always come back and do business again, of course."
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:46 am

"Of course. Give me the transfer details to your account so I can send the payment over right away.", Derek says as his tall friend takes the folder. "Oh, and this favor I owe you, is there a parchment you need me to sign in blood, as well?"
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:57 am

Ruby smiles. "My dear Mister Wilson, you know my business. Do you honestly believe I'm the sort to have an electronic trail, let alone give it out?" She finishes the rest of her wine. "Don't worry about money. I'll call you for my favor. I already have one in mind and I promise you won't want to skip out on it."
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:19 am

"No, of course not, my apologies. Old business habit.", he smiles as his associate tucks the folder inside his coat. "How very kind of you, Miss Ruby. I'll await with baited breath.", he tells her. "Pleasure doing business with you."

The tall man gives a curtesy nod to Ruby and turns the wheelchair around before leaving with Derek.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:01 am

"I'll buy off Wilson." Batman said. "People forget I'm rich too." He said heading out. "I'll also round up some other help."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:24 am

(Still doing this?)
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:26 am

((Yes. I'm just really busy at the moment. Lots of school and work projects. Sorry.))
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:28 am

(No worries mate just checking in on it.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Universe- 2100   DC Universe- 2100 - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Universe- 2100
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29