Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 4:00 pm

thank you
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 671384 Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 671384 Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 671384 Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 577296 happy birthday!!!!
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:07 am

Heading to bed, work tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 12:20 am

I'm gonna be exceedingly busy for a few days. School and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 671384 officially the big 3-0
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:20 am

Happy belated Birthday, Mel! Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 671384
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 am

So, guys... Cap 3 looks like it will be the start of Civil War in the MCU.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 2:49 am

that's the rumor floating around though I think it'll be best for marvel to kind of do the Civil War arc throughout the movies leading up to the third Avengers which should have Thanos as the main villian and focus on the Infinity stones
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:09 am

Honestly, all things considered, I'd rather they spend as little time on it as possible. I can't stand Civil War. But, hey, these are the movies. So it's entirely possible they do something with it that works out a lot better than the actual comic did for me.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 5:04 am

I imagine they'd have to do a lot of changes to the original Civil Wars plot, so perhaps they'll make it better than the comic books did.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 5:15 am

the idea behind Civil War was good and the story wasn't that bad. It fell short with the execution.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:56 am

I feel like Thanos coming to Earth will end the Civil War and unite the heroes again in Avengers 3. If they go ahead and do Civil War, I myself would love to see Secret Wars as crazy as it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 am

Secret Wars would be downright amazing, as implausible as that'd be for a movie. Unless it was it's own series of movies set apart from everything, that it. I'd honestly want to see an animated secret wars movie or mini-series.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Well, either way, Civil War is a pretty slick move coming from Marvel if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 am

Oh yeah, it most certainly is. On a number of levels, really. Example: Seeing as The Superman/Batman movie (which is starting to more and more resemble Batman and those other guys) was originally releasing at the same time and got backed out of that fight, Cap 3 being Civil War is almost like Marvel laughing at DC just to seal the deal. I'm still wary of the decision, but it was indeed rather slick.
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:42 am

Like, "Hmm, how should we go about trying to break box office records and while also mocking the s--t out of DC?"

Yeah, I am not that excited for Dawn of Justice, nor am I too excited to see Justice League (part one or two) if it's gonna be directed by Snyder. I mean, yeah, you've got two of the most iconic superheroes in one movie and the next one's gonna be a whole league with iconic heroes, but WHY are they putting it all on Snyder? Given Man of Steel, love it or hate it, it's reception wasn't as great as it really needed to be. I would've liked to see another solo Superman movie where they attempt ironing out issues with the first one and then develop characters some more, but I do understand WB wanting to get right into it and open up huge in 2016.

And if I have to give them credits where it's due, they're definitely putting a lot more time into shooting Dawn of Justice than Marvel does for their movies.

Either way, we have at least one movie to see before we can pass judgement on this universe WB are trying to build. Sony on the other hand might be pretty desperate right now after how underwhelming Amazing Spider-Man 2 was.

Gotta head to bed, see you guys tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Honestly, I quite liked Amazing Spider-Man 2...until that last half hour or so. All that just felt crammed in there at the last second just because...because. I'd have saved everything Goblin related for the third movie and let Electro stand on his own. Sony's problem is they don't have faith in their villains to carry their own weight like Marvel/Disney and DC/WB do (regardless of their success in portraying them). Where WB tends to make the movies feel like "Villain...oh and the hero's there too", Loki aside, Disney doesn't really take the time to make their villains particularly interesting (most likely because they know they're just going to kill them off, which I won't get into). With Sony (Spider-Man in particular) the villains would be fine standing on their own, but they have no faith in that so they muddle the story with a metric crap ton of other stuff that doesn't need to be there (ASM1) or they cram in more villains than the one they should've focused on [Electro] that likewise don't need to be there (ASM2) or both (SM3).

That's just my take on it, really. Fox...I don't know. I'm not the guy to ask. X2, DoFP, and (to a far lesser extent) The Wolverine aside, I've always found the X-Men movies underwhelming. Then, of course, there's Fantastic Four (which is already looking like it's going to be terrible) and Daredevil and Elektra, so...yeah.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:07 pm

I'm on the fence about the FF reboot. I was interested at first then the rumors started coming and then being proven true. I was willing to accept the race change to Johnny as long as they didn't go with the easy way out, which in the end it seems like they did. Adoption, really, that's how you're going to explain why Johnny is black and Sue white. You couldn't have gone with something like a blended family or cheating spouse. I'm not saying the route they're taking is wrong just lazy in my opinion. Sue is supposed to be older so if she is the one that is adopted then they just made a huge mistake but a smaller one if Johnny is the older sibling.
I keep hearing that this movie is going to be more grounded and different from any other movie like it. Why take such a lazy route to explain a huge change to a character when you could create a more interesting story and possibly more interesting characters by having Johnny and Sue be step siblings or even half siblings. Think about it, in one case you've got a constant reminder that your father/mother's previous marriage failed or that you lost a parent. In the other case you've got a reminder that one of your parents was unfaithful.
Then there are the 'leaked' images of the thing and Dr. Doom neither of which look all that impressive to me.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Eh. The Johnny thing doesn't really bother me. The Dr. Doom bit does bother me quite a bit but we don't know anything about how he's actually going to be portrayed there, yet, so I'll reserve judgement. But the thing I'm most bothered by is that now they're apparently supposed to be a group of kids who were experimented on by the government or some crap instead of explorers who got involved in a random accident while on an adventure in the interest of learning. That is just criminal to me. Aside from that being what we're getting (in a sense) in terms of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the Avengers films, that's ALSO very reminiscent of the X-Men films. I'm just tired of everything being some government experiment but I'm also bugged by the fact that it was the FF they did this to. The Fantastic Four are superheroes by circumstance, not by choice. At their core, yes, they're a family. But they're also adventurers. They're all about going new places, exploring the unknown, discovering new things, and learning. If this ends up being "The FF are now either basically government sanctioned bio-weapons or runaways from a top secret government experiment" then this isn't the Fantastic Four and they might as well have just slapped anyone's name on this project. That's my take on that.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Ugh Fantastic Four movie....you both pretty much nailed what I'd say about it.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:45 pm

You know, the more I hear about this movie and knowing who the director is and one of the stars I'm start to expect that this might just be Chronicle 2 and not FF, especially with the 'found footage' angle I keep hearing they're using in the movie.

Part of me wants this movie to be a huge success and part of me wants it to bomb so bad that Fox actually loses money so they really have no other choice but to return the rights to Marvel.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:14 am

I hadn't even heard that one. But yeah. That's more or less my line of thinking on it.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:20 am

If it's Chronicle 2 then cool, but let it bomb awfully cause I'd love to see the FF in the MCU.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:41 am

But if it's Chronicle 2, then why not just call it Chronicle 2 and not refer to the FF label at all?  At that point it's just using the name for box office numbers.  Really, I don't mind an FF movie not being connected to the MCU (really I never really felt that the FF was all that closely tied to the rest of the MU aside from Dr. Doom and Galactus, anyway).  I just want an FF movie to focuses on the core of what the FF is.  While the old movie(s) ultimately got it about half right (the family element), they suffered a problem with writing mediocrity and turning Doctor Doom, of the greatest villains, if not THE greatest villain, in comics (or at the very least, in Marvel) into a Lex Luthor (who is awesome in his own right but is NOT Dr. Doom) wannabe with stupid electrical powers that should in no way have been a threat to most of the team.  And it completely lacked that adventure and wonder element.

Last edited by Twi on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 am

Actually, the director for the FF reboot stated that it would not be of the found footage variety, but I guess we'll just have to see. They could probably still throw in an element from that angle in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014   Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk Lounge: June/July/Aug 2014
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next