Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plot Information

Go down 
+3
Ink
Chronicler
Mellicious
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Plot Information - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Well I was thinking Luke would persuade most to join the Jedi Order, as the new Order is far less restrictive and dogmatic unlike the old Order. Attachments are allowed as long as they don't consume you, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 1:12 pm

Doesn't really negate the idea. Someone like that would be a radical. Probably think Luke weak or some crud.

Well I'm really the one with the most of the Grey types. That said, there's the clear cut difference between a Grey Forcer and a Grey Jedi. Being that a Grey Jedi IS still a member of the Jedi Order, even if they are a special case. Just speaking for my own characters, Jaxie is still technically a Jedi. She's just gonna off and do her own thing, probably with a partner or somethin'. The Mercenary Knights don't really want anything to do with the Jedi. Not out of hostility or resentment. They just prefer doing things the way they have been. And Kitty... yeah, good luck getting Kitty to join the order. Who else is Grey?
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Well, I haven't updated Jona's backstory just yet but it will be implied that he was a Jedi and that he's seen far more things with his own eyes than a human possibly could with their lifespan. His agenda is unclear but he and his groups approach to the new Jedi Order will seem sincere at first.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Well Grey Jedi is a umbrella term, they can be members of the Jedi order who kinda do their own thing like Qui-Gon Jinn or just people who use the Force and walk the line between light and dark. The Imperial Knights and the Jensaarai are both Orders of Force Sensitives that are considered "Grey Jedi" but aren't part of the Jedi Order itself.

I think a interesting story could see Shiney's character Jona and Luke recruiting the various "Grey Jedi" in the galaxy to their respective Orders, and this leads to conflict between Luke's Jedi Order and Jona's faction.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 1:59 pm

True. I just use what I said for simplicity's sake. Otherwise it just confuses the crap outta me... not that Star Wars isn't prone to its more confusing elements. Because oh boy, is it.

So Civil War, but with Jedi. XD Jona's Iron Man and Luke's Cap.
If that goes down most of my cast is gonna end up caught in the middle of this. Sigh.

It also occurred to me that at some point Quinn's probably gonna end up psycho-broken to the point where her mind pulls a hard reset on her personality. Still a sadistic control freak with little-lost-puppy syndrome, just... not a flat out villain anymore. I imagine after that goes down she kinda latches onto some good guy (which, I don't know) and kinda just follows them around like a stray, sort of using them to fill the void left by Maeror (who she thinks is dead) and Nazrin (who's going to disappear shortly after the whole Sith Civil War thing starts to work on bringing Maeror back). Siha will probably pull her Penance force power on Quinn and because she's so f***ed up, it'll more or less shatter the girl's mind. Not really sure which character she'd latch to, but Quinn would be more or less neutral after that.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 2:09 pm

True and maybe that's something Disney will kinda sort out, I loved the EU but it go so big it really contradicted itself hard sometimes.

Maeror has a fail safe in place already, he's got clone bodies of himself he'll throw his essence into when his current and original body dies. So once his older natural body dies he'll go into a clone of himself who's body is in it's physical prime, making him even more powerful. Haven't decided if Maeror is going to keep this a secret from everyone or maybe just Nazrin and Angalacon would know.

Quinn could latch onto Ford if you want, Ford after the war will be much more "Grey" but he'll be a Jedi through and through still just not as happy of one. He'll be off looking for Talia mostly and he could feel pity for Quinn after seeing what happened to her mind.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Oh, yeah, I knew that part. I didn't mean literally bringing him back, so much as reasserting/reestablishing Maeror's power in the galaxy from behind the scenes.

That works. It'd basically be a dynamic very similar to the one she has with the Big 3, just... again... not friggin' evil XD Sort of like an eerily bubbly and clingy little sister.

Last edited by Ink on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 2:24 pm

I'm also thinking Darth Sidious should make a return around this time, I've figured he's been laying in wait letting this war rage and in the aftermath he'd retake his throne of the Galactic Empire. Which means we could see a Maeror vs Sidious clash.

I think it'd be a fun dynamic, Ford trying to reel her in a bit her being...well her lol

Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Ooh. That'll be interesting.

I can picture it now. "Quinn, no torture." "But-!" "Quinn..." "...Okay..." Out of curiosity, what's gonna happen with Talia?

Jona and Luke's Jedi Orders going at it would be interesting, though, yeah.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Talia and Ford will clash over the course of the current war (which we should name) and Ford will try and draw her back to the light side. After the war she vanishes as Ford pulls her from the Dark Side but she pulls him towards the Dark Side. She leaves the Sith and goes off into exile, helping those she can along the way. Ford is going to try and track her down and either rekindle their romance and bring her back to the Jedi or at least get some closure.

Yeah the Jedi vs Grey Jedi will be a nice philosophical clash.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Oh, in that case having Quinn around would have some benefit other than watching her. She's basically Nazrin's top blood hound XD

We don't have a name for this war? I could've sworn we did... then again, we still don't have a name for the main team, either. And look how long it took us to name the Raptor XD

With certain Jedi and Grey Jedi alike wanting no part of it, I sure. I sure some of these people would have absolutely zero interest in ANOTHER war. Last time they got roped into suicide missions XD
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 3:03 pm

Yeah that's what I was thinking, Ford is looking after her but he's also using her for her skills. It'd be why he tolerates her insanity.

Yeah true haha, I'd say Sabers of the Order or something like that but the team isn't all Jedi ha. I'm thinking maybe Great Sith War or something?

Yeah I could see a lot of people not wanting another war, of course this conflict will be on a much smaller scale than the Great Sith War which I'd say is probably larger in scale and loss of life than the Clone Wars was.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm one of those writers that likes making people hate a character just to turn it around and make people love 'em. It'll be fun XD

Oh! I know! Guardians of the Gala-... wait...

Yeesh. Kind of a big deal, there XD
And how would Sidious/Maeror go, exactly?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 3:30 pm

Yeah, considering half of the combatants aren't droids that doubles the death toll right there already since it's living soldiers doing most of the fighting.

Sidious vs Maeror in a one on one would be a nearly even match and it'd probably end up consuming a planet haha
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 6:18 am

What, exactly, would Jona and Luke's individual orders be clashing over? If it's a legitimate war, I imagine one side would be trying to actually do away with the other. Is the Grey side of this conflict supposed to be the "Villains" or would it be like Civil War where both sides are supposed to be equally right and wrong... supposed to be... unlike Civil War where everyone was just a moron.

I could see if maybe this would be the incident that actually catalyzes Luke starting a campaign to accept Greys into the order. Otherwise unless Jona's order is just some sort of radical movement, thus painting them as flat out villains, there'd really be no cause for conflict since Luke would already be accepting Greys and not preaching pure light side stuff, right? Seems Luke starting to accept Greys into the order would be something better suited to happen after that arc.

Of course none of us really know Shiney's plans for Jona yet, so there's also that (But if that isn't the route Shiney has in mind for him, I'd be more than willing to create a character and order with that in mind because that'd be an awesome arc and I do have some more Jedi in mind for use after the Sith War).
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 6:24 am

I'm just spitballing here, I'm leaving the final word on the arc up to Shiney since his character is at the center of it all.

However I could see Jona being a bit of a radical, he seems to be a Grey Jedi who leans a little closer to the Dark Side than most. It also seems like the conflict is going to be more personal for Jona than ideological, at least that's what I'm gathering from his current bio.

But yeah this arc has the potential be awesome sauce
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 am

Yeah, the conflict that Jona would most likely push toward happening is stems from ideology but for more than one reason it's become something very personal. Captain is right to assume that Jona would be more attuned to the Dark Side than most, but it hasn't always been like that.

I'm all for brainstorming here, but I do know I have to give you guys a bit more info on Jona, so I'll try and provide as much as I can.

Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 6:39 am

Then I eagerly await seeing his bio fleshed out Cool He seems like a really interesting and powerful character.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:25 am

Sweet. Anywho, what's gonna be the deal with this merc group you were planning, Cap?
Back to top Go down
ShineyMan
Professional Member
Professional Member
ShineyMan

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:39 am

Thanks, man. I'm gonna be pretty slow while I work on it.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:45 am

Well my idea for the merc was he's either going to be a former Republic soldier or a former Imperial who left the military after the way and has made a name for himself with his private army. They go around fighting for the highest bidder but usually they're defending worlds who can't afford a proper security force or worlds not within the jurisdiction of the Republic or Empire. They'd even pick up a contract from the Republic or Empire from time to time.

I had it in my head that it'd be a small fleet made up older ships like the Dreadnought-Class Heavy Cruiser and some ships from the old CIS Navy that had been modified and updated to modern standards.

They're basically good guys, kind of like Jaster Mereel's True Mandalorians from before the Clone Wars, honorable mercenaries.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 am

Ah. Sounds like a neat li'l cavalry, then!
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 10:16 am

Yeah should be a fun bunch for our characters to interact with.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Professional Member
Professional Member
Ink

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 10:28 am

I'd been working on an idea for a pair of Sith Lords that were tasked by Maeror with maintaining Sith presence in Wild Space while the greater Sith movement went into the Core and launched their major offensive. A couple of incredibly methodical sorts who're basically singlehandedly stomping down what little resistance there is out in Wild Space. They won't really appear directly for a while. Not until around the time for meeting the character that's gonna teach Kitty her new tricks. But I can see them being majorly involved in the Sith Civil War. Could be that they work closely with Jace, Quinn, and Darren during the latter portion of the Saboteurs' campaign out there. And after Maeror "dies" they could just be like "Yeah... we're just gonna be keeping Wild Space. Hope ya don't mind."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 10:37 am

Be a nice little fiefdom for them to carve out for themselves, so they'll be one of the Sith factions in the Sith Civil War?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plot Information   Plot Information - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plot Information
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next