Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Gen OTD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:11 am

I've currently got Stalker recruiting Vidar, it's not a real important thing but with what I've been doing with Stalker will help set up the Suicide Squad/Secret Six.

8ball is kind of helping Batman, he's pretty much doing what he thinks is best to keep the world safe though.

Hawk shouldn't really have to prove himself to Superman since he's always been a little more on the edge than others only thing keeping him from stepping over was Dove.

it all sounds good to me though.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:33 am

Got it. Just trying to give some of the fights a little more depth than "Hey, let's kill each other", y'know. Make a few of em more personal, so to speak. S'why I was thinking of having Hawk and Dove fight in the first place. Leave the rest of the Titans to Combustion and Silverback.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:58 am

yeah, that's a good idea.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:09 am

so many ideas that have been altered or dropped in this rpg because of the over arching stories.

I have been thinking though, there are stories that cross over in the comics (Like Forever Evil which had it's own mini serious and tie ins to other books,predominately JL titles most recently) though for the most part the other titles (like most of the Batmen titles, Green Lantern, Green Arrow....) barely even acknowledged the storyline and kept going with there own. Why can't we do something similar here, continue doing seperate stories for Batman and Young Justice through most of the bigger arc and only involve them with the bigger one when necessary. Justice League stories always impact the whole universe, so why not contain arcs, like the Super man one we're doing now, to mostly Justice League.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:28 am

*shrug* Sure.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:50 am

we don't have to it was just a thought I had, not sure it would actually help simplify anything.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:56 am

It doesn't really make a difference to me, one way or the other. I can do either. I'd probably just keep out of things, myself, that don't involve the bigger arcs, just to keep from confusing myself.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:24 am

that's what I have been doing, though not on purpose. The unfortunate thing about that is, every larger story carries over and disrupts anything going on in the other rpgs. There was a plan in place for breaking Batman that lead into another story that would have benefited many of our characters but with how often things the JL were invovled in (with Soveriegn, Zeitgeist and now Superman) got carried over into the Young Justice and Batman rpgs that idea has been scrapped. Admittedly it is my own fault for not being on as much as I'd like or even when everyone else is on but that is an unfortunate side effect of my job. While most of you are on here I'm sleeping and by the time I do get on things have moved so far I have to try to play catch up with what is going on. I can't play dictator or tyrant no matter how much I want to on here and tell everyone not to do anything untill I get back or tell everyone that is not what we had planed because that would not be fair to you all so I do what I can to adapt and fit in with whatever is going on as best I can. I doubt I'm the only one that feels this way sometimes.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:27 am

I've felt that way too man, I hear you and understand.

How about this, from now on let's just slow down and post when we can and when we get on and see no one has replied we just wait it out, try again in a hour or two or in Shiney and Mel's case the next day since they're time zones are vastly different from ours here in the US.

And let's stick more to some rigid plans, we're all guilty of going off on out own with our characters from time to time and making new little side arcs.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:42 am

that sounds reasonable.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:47 am

Things will progress slower but they will progress down the already established arcs.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:30 am

yeah.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Couple ideas for this Edgar asks the graysons to join the birds with nightwing as leader taking the role of batman from him. Delilah offers to heal Derek. A new crime lord rises as riddler makes another move in trying to rid gotham of its heroes. Nightstalker and his new team gave their first mission. Combustion is free and being hunted by the league if assassins while dive is off trying to find hawk.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Those ideas are all pretty good.

Joseph handing over the cowl should involve all three men, Derek, Edgar, and Joseph as Joseph has no problem handing the mantle to a Wayne but his loyalty to Derek means he won't give it up without Derek's blessing.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:45 pm

True

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:17 pm

now that my laptop is working again, I can flesh out my ideas a bit more

1. Edgar will meet with Elizabeth to discuss a few things- being part of rebuilding Amusement Park, what it's like being part of a famous family, and joining his team-Birds of Prey. Of course he'll also talk with Joseph about leading the team as Nightwing implying that he'll have to give up being Batman, something I know you mentioned he is willing to do but not without discussing it with Derek first.

2. Delilah will offer to heal Derek and possibly make him better than he was before. Of course there will be a catch, she'll ask him to join her in the League. If he accepts or turns her down, she'll still take something from him.

3. With most of the major crime families being taken out by Vidar there are many minor crime bosses now fighting to take control but all will eventually fall to Emperor Penguin who will become the new major boss of Gotham.

4. Riddler now has three names left on his list but he plans to expand it and include all of Gotham's heroes because as he sees it they are the cause of all the problems in Gotham.

5. Nightstalker leads the new Task Force X/Suicide Squad and has recruited Vidar, Centurion and some others (anyone you want part of it just add them). Their first mission will bring them to Gotham though I'm not exactly sure what that mission should be so any ideas there would be good.

Those are what I've got for Batman, sadly nothing big right now, just small things that will most likely be done in a single post or a few. Biggest thing I might have is the Suicide Squad story (possibly coming after a Bane or Killer Croc type character?).

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:11 am

I like the idea of Delilah offering Derek to join the League a lot possibly after healing him and I am musing the idea of him actually accepting the offer as well for some reason.

Okay, so, an idea. Edgar becomes Batman after a very dismissive Derek agrees to it. The Arkham Knight shows himself after like a timeskip, a vigilante who doesn't know the meaning of mercy and even goes as far as to risk lives, confident that he's able to push boundries and he almost always beat down criminals to the brink of death or something close to that, causing issues for both the Bat-Family and various crime syndicates more than ever. Delilah finds out that Derek is behind Arkham Knight, being able to use the suit with technology that uses exoskeleton leg-ons that react to his nervous system, and she offers to heal Derek instead and then encourages him to join the League. Derek is very hesitant towards it and initially declines. Delilah gives him an insentive and threatens that he might lose something or someone else if he doesn't agree and makes him to join the League after showing him her convincing resolve.

OR, right at the beginning when Derek agrees without a fight that Edgar should take the mantle, he has already been healed by Delilah and forced to join the League, which thereafter Arkham Knight appears.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:51 am

both sound like good ideas, I was actually thinking Delilah's offer to heal him would help lead to Derek becoming Arkham Knight. In a sub plot I was going to throw in Delilah takes some of Derek's dna and in a similar fashion to what Talia did with Bruce creates a child

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:12 am

Okay, so Derek is healed for the most part and ends up being convinced to join the League, becoming Arkham Knight. Cool!

That could be interesting!

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:33 am

can have Delilah meet with Derek now before he meets with Edgar and Joseph later.

Professional Member
Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:59 am

Yeah, that will work. I just have to go for a couple of hours but I'll be back!

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 am

Since Joseph knows now, I guess it's going to have to appear like the procedure didn't work if appearances are going to be kept.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:58 am

For the sake of keeping Arkham Knights identity a secret, but it would make sense to have Joseph suspect things

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:22 am

up to you. Is Joseph going to keep being Batman or is he going to give it up?

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:26 am

He's gonna give it up eventually to Edgar.

PostSubject: Re: New Gen OTD   

Back to top Go down

New Gen OTD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Dc Domain :: DCU 2100 :: Batman: The New Generation-
Jump to: