Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Haven City

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
intangible
Contributer
Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:26 pm

"Jessica Drew...?" Jane suddenly felt hope drain from her. James, she figured had moved on. He had the right to; after all, she practically left him to focus on her work, but it still hurt. "So you have no way of finding him?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:32 pm

"It's James." Amy said. "He's very good at covering his tracks. No one will find him if he doesn't want to be found."

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:34 pm

"He's your brother. Don't you care?" Jane pleaded. "What about Cerebro?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:36 pm

"I care God damn it." Amy snapped at Jane. "You don't think I want to know where he is? If he's okay? If he's alive. He is my big brother and he needed to leave. He needed to find himself. We tried Cerebro already and we found no trace."

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Kitty turned around to check on the commotion."You guys okay back there?"
"I'm sorry, Amy." Jane said, ignoring Kitty. "I'm so scared. I miss him so much. I wish I was there for him when his father was killed. I wish I was there for a lot. When we find him, I know he'll find it in his heart to forgive me." She paused. "We will find him."
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Amy looked at Jane. "Good luck with that. Try asking Jessica. She may know more."

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:46 pm

"Not to sound terribly out of the superhero loop, but I have been retired for a couple of years. Jessica Drew is Spider Woman, right?" Jane asked timidly.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:47 pm

"Yes and she's and Avenger." Amy said.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:55 pm

"Thanks Amy." Jane smiled softly and returned to her seat beside Tony. She stayed silent for a few moments, then spoke. "The only lead is Jessica Drew. Know her?"
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Tony looked at her. "Yes, she's a fellow Avenger. She's been dating James on and off for a couple years. We'll be going to see her after this."

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Jane sunk into her seat. "I think I'm going to take one of the spare X-suits and suit up. I'm still in business attire." She excused herself. 

In a few hours, the Blackbird was descending to a cliff top. It touched ground in a small clearing. "This is as close as I can get us. Anyone have to pee before we get off?" Kitty asked.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:07 pm

"My suit filters." Tony said closing the visor on his Iron Man armor.

Amy rolled her eyes. "I'm good." She said, suited up as well.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:16 pm

"Alright. Just so we're clear, I'm leader on this mission," Kitty shot a look to Jane, then Tony. "I know my way around Japan and I want as little trouble as possible. I'd rather it not happen, but if we do end up getting into some kind of brawl, let's all just look out for each other. That means Jane--Intangible--you're on defense. Got that?" 
Jane nodded. 
"Great." Kitty said. "Alright, I don't mean to come off as such a hard ass, but I just want the same number of seats to be filled on the Blackbird once we're headed back." 
Kitty phased out of the jet and opened the boarding platform from outside. "The smith we're looking for is nearby. Logan and I had to rough him up once to get some intel on Ogun out of him once. You have the sword?"
Jane walked down the ramp and held out the katana. "Here it is."
"Great," Kitty said. "It'll be a ten minute or so hike."

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:22 pm

"Try and keep up." Amy said heading off ahead of them.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Kitty walked along the untamed Japanese forest, phasing through the occasional outstanding blockage, Jane doing the same, until they reached a small pagoda on the cliff. "This is it." Kitty announced. She walked to the door and knocked. 
A young Japanese woman answered. <Can I help you?> They were intimidating to her, the three girls in X-Men uniforms and Tony all suited up. 
<Yes, is Kyo here?> Kitty asked, her Japanese a bit rusty, but still sharp from when Ogun programmed it into her. 
The young woman thought for a moment. "Please, come in." Her English surprised Kitty.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Amy followed Kitty in, looking around the small pagoda. 

Iron Man entered last, behind Jane.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Niriko, as she soon introduced herself, led them to a center room in the small house, closed in by walls of rice paper. "Please, sit." She motioned to the pillows on the ground around a low table. "I will bring some tea and we can discuss your business with my great grandfather." She slid shut one of the rice paper walls and her silhouette soon disappeared from it. 

Kitty sat down across from Jane. "Kyo was really old when I last saw him, but I'm kind of surprised that that chick is his great granddaughter. She has to be like twenty." 
Before Jane could say anything, Niriko was back with a tray of hot teas. "I had some water in the kettle already." She explained.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:39 pm

"Thanks but I'm alright." Amy said respectfully.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:48 pm

"Very well." Niriko sat down, brushed her dyed pastel hair behind one ear. "How can I help you?" 
Jane held out the katana. "My friend and I were attacked by ninja with these swords."
"I've seen a design almost exactly like this and traced it back to your great grandfather before." Kitty explained. 
Niriko took the katana and inspected it carefully. "I see. Yes, this is his design."
"We were hoping to trace it to find whoever sent the assassins for us." Jane said. 
"That is not hard to find." Niriko said. "I sent them."
The air thickened with a strange underlying hostility.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

"You'd want to explain why? Mr. Repulsor doesn't like to be kept waiting." Iron Man threatened.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:56 pm

"It is an interesting story." Niriko began. "Please, drink your tea before it gets cold." She paused. "Kyo, my great grandfather constructed five Swords of Secret. One belongs to the Silver Samurai, one was given to Ogun, but now lies in the hands of the Japanese Division of Supernatural Sciences, thanks to Pryde-San." Niriko's energy suddenly became more chilling and foul. "The other three are in my possession." She paused again. "The Silver Samurai and Ogun are both fools. They were certain that the secret of the swords was their expert craftsmanship, but the swords truly wield secret powers, see. I know how to use them and I am preparing to take these powers to the West. I heard of two Heroes with both great power and great wealth, another form of power, and knew I had to eliminate them, so I sent my ninja after them."

(Brb)

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:03 pm

"Yeah, well now you're gonna take a repulsor shot to the face." Iron Man said his hand's repulsor glowing before it fired.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Niriko lashed out a long katana seemingly from nothing and slashed it across the middle of the repulsor, draining his suit of power. The katana glowed with its energy and she touched the tip of it to the forehead of his suit, blasting him through the wall of the pagoda. 
Kitty phased out of sight, through rice paper walls.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Amy moved at a speed too fast to see and she delivered a crippling strike to Niriko's hip and then knees.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Nikiro slammed into the ground, her sword clanking against the ground. She began to prop herself up and disappeared, a few handfuls of cherry blossom petals wisping in her place. She appeared behind Amy and her sword materialized in her hand. She plunged the sword nonlethally through one of Amy's kidneys and whispered into her ear "Fall to the hands of the blade Chikaraken."

Shadowcat sliced through the rice paper with a katana she'd found and challenged Nikiro with her presence alone. "Jane, get Amy to the Blackbird. Now." 

Jane leaped toward Amy and phased her into the ground, only to lug her to the Blackbird and set her onto a table in the far back end of the jet. The table sparked to life and artificial appendages began examining her. "How's your healing? Is it sped up like the rest of you?" 

Shadowcat twirled her sword in solemnity. "Are you invulnerable?" 
Nikiro didn't smile or give any expression. "I wield ancient powers that allow me to withstand blows like those from that girl." 
"How about flying robots?" Kitty asked, hoping Iron Man would bust through to aid her.

PostSubject: Re: Haven City   

Back to top Go down

Haven City
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next