Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller   Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 am

Prologue

The sound, he loved that sound. It was louder than any roar, louder than anything he had ever heard. He fed off it's energy, it gave him strength, got his adrenaline pumping. When James Miller heard the sound that was Ohio Stadium fully packed with screaming fans. Students and alumni alike, James knew then it was time. Time for him to play this game he loved so much, time for him to prove himself against the doubters that he was great time and time again. James, he loved that sound.

Through the facemask on his helmet James looked at his surroundings, drinking it all in. This was his last game in the scarlet and gray uniform of THE Ohio State Buckeyes. He was a senior and heisman winner for the second straight year, but didnt care about personal awards. Sure he was proud to have earned them but God knows all that was on his mind at that moment in his life. All he wanted was to win it all again, hoist that trohpy high and share in it's glory with his team and the fans. He wanted it not for himself. He wanted it for them. So when the coin toss came for the BCS National Championship he was more than ready, he wanted to toss the coin away and tell the players on the other team to just take offense already. Everytime. Like clockwork the opposing team tried to limit his time on the field, they would take offense first in hopes of getting an early lead, but time and time again, #12 James Miller would make their lead fade away. "Heads." James said before the official tossed the coin. It landed on heads and James smiled. "We will kick." James said again before shaking hands with the other players and the official before walking to the sidlines.

Two teams were meeting here today. The Buckeyes of Ohio State and #1 in the country for the third straight year and the mighty Trojans of the University of Southern California, or USC as they were commonly known. They were #2 in the nation and this match up was commonly seen in the Rose Bowl but these two teams had dismantled everyone they faced. USC had blown out Alabama and Okalahoma as well as every conference foe. Ohio State had done the same. The Buckeyes utterly embarrassed the #2 ranked Michigan Wolverines in the final week of the season and before that had ran right through the preseason favored Texas Longhorns. No one thought the Buckeyes were able to make a three-peat happen, but they proved everyone wrong by showing up again.

James slid his helmet onto his head and snapped on the chin strap as he watched the punt return for Ohio State get them to the 32 yard line. James smiled to himself as he walked out onto the field. It was time to begin.

Last edited by Venom551 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller   Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:25 am

nice start

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller   Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:31 am

Yeah, I want to show James' maturation from the young college kid into the older harder man he turns into.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller   Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

well it's a good start. Maybe I'll do something for Ian and Keith.

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller   Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks, that'd be pretty cool.

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller   Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Chapter One: Cleats to Combat Boots

The crowd was chanting loudly, or at least half of it was at this point in the game. James smiled was he jogged onto the field to the sound of "O-H-I-O!!!" chants. The game to this point had been a shoot out with touchdowns coming on seemingly every drive. James had made short work of the Alabama secondary and the Crimson Tide's running backs had been unstoppable. The score was tied now at fourty two and James and the Ohio State offense were on their own 30 yard line with only five seconds on the clock. He'd done this before, made a miracle happen and he was determined to make it happen again.

James barked his hard count trying to make the Alabama defense jump but to no avail their were well coached and disciplined. James took the snap. Back, back, back he went taking a few steps the he saw it. His wide receiver made a good break and was half a step ahead of his corner back. It was all James needed. The ball flew from his hand with a perfect spiral and with incredible speed and force. Two hands grabbed the ball from the air and pulled it in. James pumped his fist just a little seeing the catch made.

"He's at the thirty!....the twenty!....the ten!....TOUCH DOWN OHIO STATE!" The television announcers called but James couldn't hear them all he cared about as running down the field as he tore his helmet off and cheered as he won his third and final championship.

Weeks later he made the announcment. "I will not be entering into the NFL draft...instead I will be enlisting into the United States Marine Corps. I love football but I feel a calling to something more. I hope all my team mates from Ohio State do well in their future, be it in the NFL or not. Thank you for your time." The sports world was in shock, James was picked to be the number one overall draft pick and a future Hall of Famer.

Two years later...

That sound, he loved that sound. It was deafening. It was great to him. The sound of helicopter blades and the roar of a MV-22 Osprey flooded into James' ears as he sat back on the transport. James had changed since his days in college. His hari was shorter now, and he had the look of a man now, no longer a boy. James stood up and picked up his M4A1 rifle and walked down the ramp of the Osprey and onto the dirt clearing. He was at a US Forward Operating Base in the Middle East far from home. He was just getting in from a scouting mission. He did alot of those. James was now a member of the Marine Force Reconnaissance. The special forces of the USMC. James carried his rifle and his seabag with all of this other things in it. He walked through the base, past tents housing other Marines, a shooting range where he observed some Marines firing down range and then he walked past a vehicle depot before he walked into the command tent. He looked around. Officers everywhere. He sighed thought when he saw a man in khakis, a white t-shit, and a black kevlar vest on. CIA. Just what he needed. The man walked over to James, a pair of black sunglasses tucked onto his shirt.

"James Miller." The man smiled extending his hand. "I'm Special Agent Justin Narville, Central Intelligence Agency."

James looked at his hand and then Narville in the eyes. "Good for you. Where's Colonel Moore?"

"Right here." A older Marine said walking over, his hair was thinning about a bit and it was all grey. He was at least fourty-five but he was a tough looking man. A real Marine. "Good to have you with us again Miller. Got our intel?"

"Yes sir I do." James said opening his seabag pulling out a flashdrive. "Stored all the photos on there. Kinda curious though, what did spying on Talbot Enterprises gain us? I mean they can't be in on the rebels actions."

"We're not entirely sure of that." Narville said. "You don't know the full story yet Miller, but you'll be up to speed soon enough. The coalition is forming a task force to take down the rebel leadership and find out who is supplying them with their arms."

"Oh sounds fun." James said. "So when do I report?"

"Now." Moore said opening the flap to the tent. "This way."

(chapters will get longer as the story progresses)

Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller   Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 am

cool

PostSubject: Re: Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller   

Back to top Go down

Uncommon Valor: The story of James Miller
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1