Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Origin of Intangible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:06 am

Nothing really to critique, I'm enjoying it so far.

Contributer

PostSubject: Chapter V   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:38 am

Throughout the next week, which was Jane's last, almost every mutant in the center was demanding to know the full extent of their power-charts, now that it was possible to implement these hidden abilities, encrypted in their genes.

Jane, Matt, Willow and Jake all agreed that they would get themselves tested individually with Dr. Oritz and open their letters at the same time, together. Before they knew it, they were all there in Jake's room, each holding and unaddressed envelope, ready to tear their way into something life changing.

“Okay, ready?” Willow asked. They each held their fingers to the flap of the envelope, except for Jake, who ashamedly asked for help. “My, uh, claws are too sharp to open this.” Willow smiled softly and tore the envelope open, handing him the paper inside. With this, they all did.

“Two abilities genotype, two phenotype; teleportation, healing factor.” Matt read his letter. Already knowing this, he crumbled up his paper and threw the ball over his shoulder.

“Three abilities genotype, two phenotype; Telepathy, clairvoyance and astral energy projection.” Willow read. “How exciting! Energy projection!” She said quite enthusiastically, folding her paper up neatly and putting it back into the envelope.

Jane unfolded the letter and read it. “Four abilities genotype, one phenotype.” She read. Willow piped in saying “How exciting! Four!” Jane continued. “Energy field creation and manipulation, invisibility,” Reading this made her heart leap, and with each coming word she became happier and more excited. “intangibility, and pheromone synthesis and secretion.”

“No wonder she's so alluring, isn't she, Willow?” Matt teased and was promptly elbowed in the chest by Willow. They had a good laugh for a bit, then looked to Jake, who hadn't even heard any of the words his friends read, but instead was fixated on the numbers on his paper. For some reason, he expected to have the same as Matt.

“What is it, Jake?” Jane asked, taking the paper from him and reading aloud. “Four abilities genotype, three phenotype.” She read, then glanced at Jake, who still looked frozen. “Protective reptilian scales, enhanced strength, paralysis inducing toxins, and alteration between human and reptilian form.”

On the bottom of the page, there was a comment hand-written, which contrasted against the computer generated characters of the rest of the letters. It read “Please see me in the lab ASAP.” Jane then read that part out loud and looked at Jake, who was standing, obviously stunned, and walking to the lab.

For the rest of the day, Jake was off somewhere else while Matt and the girls exercised in the building's gym, watched a few movies and spent some time gossiping (although that was mostly Jane and Willow).

Around midnight, Jake wandered back to his room, exhausted. Matt flashed into his room, smoke resonating from his skin. “What'd doc say?” He asked. Jake flopped onto his bed and looked up at Matt.

Jake mumbled into his pillow before Matt yanked it out from under him. “Speak up!” He said. Jake sighed and looked at him. “He said that he doesn't know how it'll affect my brain like it did Florence's. He says he's already under a lot of fire from her parents. He's afraid I'll sue him if something goes wrong. I don't just want to be a beast for the rest of my life, Matt.”

Matt sighed, sympathizing. “Well, so he'll do it if you sign a release paper or something. What's the matter then?” Jake looked up at his friend. “What's the use of getting this work done if I come out evil like Florence? What if something goes wrong?”

“Well,” Matt said. “the way I see it, these are two totally different operations. He totally changed Florence's genetic structure, but with you, he'd just be flipping something on that's always been there before.”

Jake couldn't help but smile a bit, seeing this glistening grain of hope in Matt's words. “When'd you get so smart, bonehead?” He shrugged, smiling back. “Been sneaking into the lab, actually, reading a lot of Doc's notes.”

Jake smiled his human-looking friend. “I'm going to do it,” his face fell serious. “But if you're wrong, it's on you, you know.” Then he started laughing. “I'm kidding, don't worry.”

Just downstairs, Dr. Oritz was working hard on Jake's (and all the other deranged looking mutants') power-chart, testing it on various types of his cells; blood cells, brain cells, etc. trying to see if having the gene switched on would have any significant change.

Although he intended to do so eventually, Oritz held off on working on mutants' genes like Willow's, since she didn't really need much work in terms of being able to hide her nature. He couldn't help but be distracted every now and then, imagining all the possibilities of his cerebral discovery. This surpassed mutants and carried to medicine, cosmetics, genetic superiority or perfection, etc.

The next morning, Jake walked confidently into Dr. Oritz's lab, and it appeared that neither of them had slept all night; Jake so anxious and Oritz so busy. “How's the work on my cells goin' Doc?” Jake asked, baring his sharp teeth in an odd, reptilian smile.

“Oh.. yes.” The doctor said, as if withholding something from the scaly boy. “I haven't quite been working on your things, Jake. I've been very busy with other matters.” Jake looked at the doctor's computer, a document headed 'SKIN TONE MODIFICATION'. He looked back at him, infuriated.

“You're working on some shallow project that has nothing to do with what you get funded for? This is bullshit!” Jake roared, shoving the man, which sent him about six feet through the air, then on his bottom and into a few carts. “You're a piece of shit kind of person! How does it make you feel when I say that I don't even have skin. I'm not even a mutant of a human. I'm a monster. Does that even affect you?”

Jake stormed out, leaving Dr. Oritz to put his papers and things back in order and primp himself back to normal. He picked up the tables that he landed on when Jake shoved him, which in all honesty he could have done much harder.

Willow spotted Jake storming out of the lab, obviously miffed. “What is it, big guy?” She asked, catching his arm. He shook her off. “I'm out of here. I'm going to Xavier's.” She followed close behind him. “I'm going with you, Jake.” Willow said, walking to her room to pack.

Matt teleported into Jake's room as he packed, obviously coursing with anger. “What is it, big guy?” He asked his scaly friend. Jake turned to him angrily. “Would everyone stop calling me that!?” He roared. “I'm just a kid, you know.”

“Alright, settle down.” Matt said, putting his hands on his shoulders. “Don't worry, I understand how you feel.” Jake shook his friend's hands off and roared at him. “No you don't! You're just a scrawny blonde prettyboy! I'm a fucking monster.” He whined.

“Hey, watch who you're calling a prettyboy! I could take you down in a heartbeat.” Matt said, getting up in Jake's face. All at once, the two boys were instantly calmed. Willow walked into the room, tossing her bag to the side, and stepped between them. “You are both calm. No one is angry at each other. Nothing is the matter. We are going to the X-Mansion to check Jake in. Nothing is the matter.” She said, telepathically broadcasting that to them.

Willow dropped the message and the two boys took a breath. “Okay, let's go. I don't have anything important to pack.” Jake said, reaching into his pocket and rubbing a switchblade that he kept with him at all times, not that he would ever even need one.”

“Hey, I'm going too!” Jane said, lugging her bag into Jake's room, just as Willow just had. “Oh no you aren't!” Matt objected. “You haven't been here for your two week period!”

“Oh, shut up, Matt.” Willow said. “She's going to end up coming. I've seen this future before. Let's just go. I suggest that you take Jake, Matt. Jane and I will get there on the buses.” Jane sighed. “That'll take hours.” She whined.

Matt disregarded her and looked at Jake. “It'll take a lot of jumping, then resting, to get him over there.” Willow agreed, deciding that was better than him taking the bus and being discovered. Matt walked to his room and put a bag over his shoulder, grabbing onto Jake and disappearing.

Jane was, to be honest, a bit nervous about being alone with Willow for so long. Although she knew that she would always love men, ever since she slept with Dmitri for her first time, there was still tension between the two since their kiss under the influence.

The girls walked with their bags down to the tunnels, through the garden and to the street, all without saying a word. They had, of course, spoken since they kissed, but now they were completely alone and, as Willow knew, nothing else was on either of their minds.

Once on Main Street, the girls waited for the bus. This was not Willow's first time going from the garden to the X-Mansion, so she knew which buses to take. Once on, rather than paying for themselves, Willow telepathically acted out paying for the transit.

Jane sat in the window seat, leaving Willow to her side by the aisle. There were a number of strange characters, as there almost are on a city bus in Queens. The girls occasionally met eyes every now and then, but never said a word for the whole hour-long ride.

It wasn't until they had to get off and transfer onto the next bus that they spoke. Willow turned to Jane while they waited for the C's arrival. “You know, we should talk about it eventually. At least before we get there and time's running out.” She said. Jane looked at her black-haired friend. “Were you reading my thoughts?”

“Nonetheless,” Willow said passively, “I just wanted to say that it wasn't anything romantic. I've learned that the quickest way to get to know someone, on psychic terms, is to kiss them because that's when the mind opens itself the most and things really start to rush through one's head.”

“And why couldn't you tell me about it then?” Jane asked.

“Because then you would have held back.” Willow said, as if it were obvious. Jane scoffed. “I would not!” Willow looked at her challengingly. “I'm going to kiss you. Don't hold back. Don't force anything.” Jane looked nervous, but when Willow progressed and their lips met, she didn't hold back and didn't force anything, as told.

During their kiss a car full of boys drove by honking, but their moment was ephemeral. Willow pulled away and wiped her mouth. “I'm impressed.” She admitted and Jane smiled, smugly proud of herself. This time that they kissed, instead of Willow taking an imprint of Jane's mind, it seemed as if she shared something with Jane instead.

Before too long, their bus arrived and just an hour after a less uncomfortable ride, they were just a few blocks. Jane lugged her things off the bus hastily. “I regret bringing so much shit.” She said, yanking her bag out, which was stuck in the door.

They walked through the residential streets of Westchester, a magnificent breath of fresh air, in the literal and figurative, sense from Queens. In no time, they were at the great iron gates of the Xavier Mansion. Willow simply cracked it open and slid through, holding it open for Jane to follow.

Everything about the exterior was so elaborate. The driveway stretched to great lengths, the fountain was beautifully refined and accompanied by smaller ones around the campus, the ivy crept up the sides of the walls in the most enchanting way, not at all as if it were a weed.

“Watch yourself. When a lot of these kids get together it can be a real zoo.” Willow said as they climbed the marble steps up to the door. She pushed it open, revealing an interior equally as elaborate, not to disappoint. It was the student body, however, that seemed to be a bit off normal.

“Xavier made uniforms?” Willow asked herself seeing a few students pass by. Their behavior came off as a bit lethargic and if one looked into their eyes, they would see a glistening light of torture. They wore uniforms as one might find in a private school; the girls wearing a white, tucked-in button-up shirt, blue plaid skirt, white socks and black shoes; the boys wearing a white, tucked-in button-up shirt also, navy slacks, white socks and black shoes.

“Well, that doesn't seem quite like him, but I supposed that's alright.” She said, still talking to herself. She turned to Jane. “Anyways, this is the mansion. I suppose we should see the Professor to find where Jake and Matt are.”

Like the back of her hand, Willow knew exactly where to find Charles Xavier's office. She knocked twice before pushing the wooden door open. Upon seeing the girls, the bald man shouted “Where are your uniforms!?” His words seemed to be a bit echoed in a higher voice.

“Professor?” Willow asked taken aback, never having heard him scream. “We've just arrived.. We were wondering if you knew where our friends were.” Xavier looked blankly at them. “Ah yes.” He said as if he had not just shouted. “Welcome my girls. You really must get into your uniforms immediately.”

Jane looked into his eyes. Although she hadn't ever spent more than a minute with the man, she knew something was the matter. She turned to Willow and spoke quietly. “There's something wrong with him.”

Willow looked at the Professor, nodding in agreement with Jane as he stared blankly past them. She dared to look into his mind, the greatest telepath of their time. Surprisingly, she found this extremely easy, but could only scan for less than a second, seeing a woman in the Cerebro room before his mind cut to blank.

She shook her head, coming out of his mind, then looked to Jane. “There's someone controlling him.” Willow spun around and walked quickly to the elevators, of which to the subbasement were hidden behind certain wall panels, which she knew. Jane was hot on her trail behind her.

Within moments, the two were speed walking down the metallic halls of the subbasement. Upon nearing the Cerebro room, Psylocke stepped in front of the electronic door, blocking their path. She put her hands out to her sides, in her left, a ball of purple, but a much lighter sort than her hair, energy was being created, then elongated and took the form of a sword, bright purple energy.

Psylocke took both her hands to the hilt and took a defensive stance. In her eyes was the same sort of suffering as the students. Behind the girls stepped Colossus, standing tall and reflecting the light of the room into their eyes.

They looked at each other, Jane nervously, Willow aggressively. Willow kicked off the ground, going to fight Psylocke up close, leaving Jane to Colossus. He walked slowly and heavily toward her, like a robot, clinking with each step. As he neared, he rose his hands above his, balling them into fists, then bringing them down unto her.

Jane cringed under him, but rather than being knocked into unconsciousness, a wall of invisible energy separated the two. Jane looked up at him, realizing that she created this barrier. She met eyes with him, seeing herself in his mirror-like eyes. Here she was, Jane Speckler, cringing in fear as usual. She did not live up to the name Moxie.

Then Jane lost herself. She thought of all the times that she lost herself before. She thought of how she had slowly been losing herself, but not in a negative way. In an empowering way. She thought of falling in love with Dmitri, having sex with him, skipping school, doing drugs, kissing Willow, being there. She thought of everything that led up to that.

Then Jane thought about her mother. She thought about where her dad was at that very moment. That was when she lost herself. She stood up, pride elongating her back, and looked the giant metal man in the eye, driving a pillar of matter into his stomach, actually knocking him off his feet.

Meanwhile, Willow was holding her own against Psylocke. She actually got a few jabs on her before trying to telepathically walk her out of the trance she was in. As Willow entered her mind, she was forced out by a black shroud. As Willow drew back to cast a blow, Psylocke brought her sword down into her head. Willow froze, the katana of purple energy running through her brain. This was not energy, the sort like Jane's energy, though. This was psychic energy, created to control minds.

As the psychic energy coursed through her brain, Willow felt millions of emotions, reliving her entire life in an instance. With one breath, she rejected the blade from her mind, using its energy to do something much greater.

Inside her brain, Willow performed something of psychic surgery on herself, using her telepathic abilities to affect her brain physically. She entered her mind and located the part that Dr. Oritz discovered to broadcast composition of genes inside of cells in realtime.

Leeching from Psylocke's power, Willow activated the switch in her genes which ruled her unused power; psychic energy projection, which was much like that of Psylocke.

While Wilow went through this entire mental journey, Jane, in the physical world, walked past the two and thrust forth a mass of energy, forcing the circular door with a metallic “X” on it open, revealing a girl who couldn't be older than Jane, with a pale, sunken in face. She was dressed in a long black dress, had black hair, dark make-up and shiny nails which grew out of her fingers as carved onyx.

“Don't tell me, you want me to call you Goth?” Jane teased her, but upon the girl standing up, there was a palpable shift in the atmosphere. The strong smell of frankincense filled Jane's nose. “Fool.” She said. “You dare tamper with mystic plans?” She asked rhetorically.

Jane put her hands up and spaced apart her feet, bracing herself to shoot a beam of energy at the girl. Once she did, it sort of slid Jane backwards a bit. The beam headed straight for the girl's chest, but she simply swatted the energy away and it ricocheted into the spherical shaped room, knocking a few tiles to the bottom of the sphere.

“You don't scare me.” Jane lied, backing up a bit more towards the door. She put an invisible barrier on the walkway between the girl and her. As if to scare Jane, the girl stepped straight through the forcefield and clinked her nails together, forming a black mass of energy in her hand.

“You mutant blight are all the same.” She said. “And not the only variants of Homo sapien sapiens. Homo sapien superior. What a joke.” The mass grew in her palm, sprouting wiggling tendrils. “I am Homo sapien magica. Fear me, fear my kin. I am Lilianne.”

Willow watched Psylocke fall limp before her and she stepped over her, then across the threshold of the Cerebro room. In her hand, a ball of bright purple energy grew, similar to Psylocke earlier, but this ball elongated, not into a sword, but something of a lightning bolt shape.

Jane ducked down, on telepathic cue, and Willow hurled the lightning bolt into Lilianne's third eye. She fell limp and Jane spun around, looking at her friend. “You're amazing!” She praised Willow. “How could your powers affect her when mine couldn't?”

Willow looked at her hands, then her palms, which were a bit singed from creating the energy. “I guess I have a little magic in me.” She said simply, and this was enough for Jane.

As soon as Lilianne fell unconscious, everybody in the Institute woke from their trance. Students wondered where they found the uniforms they were and X-Men members began to take the witch to the med-lab.

A few hours later, after discovering Jake and Matt had also fallen victims to the magic, Jane walked inside the med-lab because that's where she heard Florence was staying, as well as Lilianne. When she walked inside the room, she could see the two medical beds the girls would have been on, but next to the second, there was a large circular singe mark and both the beds were empty.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:56 am

Homo Sapien Magica!

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:00 am

You did not read that whole thing already!!
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:04 am

Hell to the yeah I did, from Jake shoving Ortiz to another lesbo kiss to taking down Lilianne it was another great issue.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:10 am

Thank you! I appreciate it. The kissing scene was just to build up to Jane "losing herself", not because I have a total lesbo hard-on. Everything will sort of evolve from this point, now that Willow has learned to alter the genes in the entire body, she can do Jake a favor.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:13 am

Well Jane has to go through stuff to become the woman she is in Haven City. I might do a James Origin story now cause of this haha.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 am

Oh you really should! Soon I'll have Jane move off to Boston and meet James, her high school sweetie, but meanwhile, Dmitri's dad's Anti-Mutant Revolt group will grow... ominous enough?

I'm so overwhelmed with villains here Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:20 am

I might do it right after James' college days after his glory days of being a College Quarterback and winning Heismans and into his Marine Corps enlistment. I've got plenty of low level villians he could take on as a normal human.

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:26 am

You should go ahead and do it. I would read it, at least.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:29 am

Cool, I'll probably start it tomorrow.

Professional Member

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Pretty interesting origin story for Jane, I like the way it's played out so far!

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:50 am

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 am

Scrapping the current story. Haven't written since before I was on vacation, so it's a bit hard to continue from where I left off. Besides, there are some things I'd like to correct.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 pm

So are you just restarting?

Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Yes, and I'm going to try and cut some connections with the Marvelverse, so no mutants Mad
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:29 am

Ahh okay

PostSubject: Re: Origin of Intangible   

Back to top Go down

Origin of Intangible
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2