Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fallen Skies

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

Fallen Skies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 am

ha, Lt. Rojas is a big pussy
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:38 am

haha best review ever
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 am

what, it's true. He was cowering behind some truck while his men put themselves on the line. I'm surprised James wasn't harsher on the guy.

I half expected keith or frank to show up at some point, maybe even will. I kinda expect Jannelle to be leading a group of civilians or at least amongst a group of them stranded somewhere. then again that just might be all the invasion and disaster movies I've seen influencing opinions.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 am

Keith will show up later, he's just not in James' platoon. Frank will have a role later on as well and I am planning on doing something will Jannelle.

Don't worry, James will be tearing the Lieutenant a new asshole soon.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:07 am

Sweeet/
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am

Gonna start writing the next issue tonight after I finish watching the Red Sox go 0-4.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 am

sorry to hear that
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 am

Yup, swept by the Rangers and didn't do any better against the Indians tonight...so much for our "Perfect Lineup" and "Steller Pitching Staff" haha
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:45 am

they might improve
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:03 pm

yeah it's only April after all
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:50 am

Chapter Four
Things had gotten calmer now; the fighting had died down in the city. James picked up a few ammo magazines from a crate brought in to resupply James’ Marines in the field. James walked back to the line where his Marines had dug in. The tanks were still with them, but three of the 10 that came were knocked out by the Alien walkers. James sat down leaning back against a wall taking his helmet off.
“Hungry Staff Sergeant?” Corporal Pride asked walking over with a couple MREs or Meals Ready to Eat. “Got a great selection here.” He smiled sitting down next to James.
“Yeah I’m starved.” James said sitting up a bit and taking one of the MREs Shaun handed him. “Oh goodie, Meatloaf and gravy.” He said opening the packet. “What you got Corporal?”
“Beef teriyaki.” Corporal Pride said opening his and digging in.
Across town Jannelle sat up looking out of the window, the sounds of battle had died down only sporadic gunfire was heard now. She sighed a bit standing up, and she walked out of the building she had taken refuge in. She looked across the street at the helicopter that had come to evacuate her building, it was cut in half and in ruins, having been shot down before it even landed.
“I got get out of here…” Jannelle said to herself, she walked over to the helicopter looking for anything she could use, a radio maybe, even a gun would helpful. She sighed trying the radio but it was fried. She looked around the wreckage and spotted a pistol, a M9 pistol. She picked it up and checked it out, James had taught her how to use a gun, just incase. She was thankful for his concern now, before she thought she’d never had to use a gun, now the thought seemed like it was only a matter of time.
Meanwhile at the Marines Forward Operating Base
“The hostile ship is now five miles away from the city sir.” Master Gunery Sergeant Hart said walking into the command center speaking to Lieutenant General John Talbot.
“Damn it, it’ll be here before General Miller and his men are.” Lt. General Talbot said. “Did we get accurate dimensions on the ship?”
“It’s a massive structure sir, large enough to cover 50% of the city from above.” Master Gunnery Sergeant Hart said setting recon photos down that his unit had taken. “DoD is going to use MOABs on it before trying the nuclear option.”
“Good.” Talbot said looking over a tactical map. “These damn things pressed us hard, but they seem to be gearing up for another assault, I want your unit to scout ahead of our lines and see what intel you can gather.”
“Yes sir.” Keith said.
“We’ll insert you here.” Talbot said pointing to a spot on the map. “Downtown is where the big action is gonna take place I bet, air power isn’t an issue, neither us or them seem to have enough fighters right now, so you’ll only have to worry about ground based hits.”
“Oh goodie.” Keith smiled. “We’ll get the job done sir.”
Downtown Haven City
Jannelle looked up hearing the sounds of helicopter blades. She spotted a MV-22 Osprey in the sky and she sighed in relief following it.
Keith sat in the Osprey looking over a street map of the area given to him. “Alright men we’re going to insert here on 63rd street and move up 8 blocks to Jefferson Ave. there is a good spot to get some over watch going.” He said looking up at his men and then down out of the window. “What the…SHIT! INCOMING!” He yelled to the pilot.
An alien had fired a shoulder mounted energy weapon striking the Osprey in it’s right rotor sending it into a spin. Jannelle stopped in her tracks seeing the Osprey spinning violently and it crashed into the street hard. She took off running towards it, hoping there were survivors.
Keith grunted sitting up in the wreckage looking around, both pilots dead and his entire unit was dead too. He looked himself over and sighed, he wasn’t even touched, just thrown around. He kicked open the side door and fell out of the Osprey with his rifle. He looked up seeing a figure over him and he blinked realizing it was Jannelle.
Frontlines
James was running across the Marines’ lines shouting orders and firing down range at the attackers as energy bolts flew past them, the invaders were at it again, but it was just infantry so James guess it was a probing attacking. The M1A1 tanks were firing, each round their cannons sent out tearing through the air and destroying parts of buildings and any cover the aliens were using.
James stopped hearing some movement inside the building providing the Marines cover from their flank and he took his rifle up moving towards the doorway. He put his foot up and kicked the door in, on the other side stood two alien soldiers. They were shorter than him, and wore dark blue BDUs under tan armor with tan helmets with two red optic sensors, one over the other with the top one being larger. They jumped a bit as the door came in and James’ eyes went wide before he fired his M4A1 Carbine, emptying the magazine into them. They didn’t even get a shot off. James moved up a bit into the building scanning the area with his eyes, it was clear. He looked down at the two dead aliens and he crouched down studying them. He grabbed the helmet of one and pulled it off revealing the aliens head. The head was larger than a human head but had very little facial features, only two slits where a nose would be and two large black eyes. He looked at the skin, it was leathery and gray. James sat back and chuckled a bit shaking his head.
“I guess all those UFO nuts were right about grey aliens with big ass eyes.” Corporal Pride said standing in the doorway. “C’mon staff sergeant we’re pulling out of the area, Air Force is gonna bomb the place when they come through again.”
James nodded and stood up. “Alright, where’s Lt. Rojas?”
“Hell if I know sir.” CPL. Pride said.
“He’s dead.” Sergeant Neu said walking up. “First one to go down when they hit us again, you’re in command Staff Sergeant.”
Downtown
Keith and Jannelle were using the buildings to cover their movements, going from to another.
“We gotta make it back to the FOB.” Keith said.
“Won’t they come for us?” Jannelle asked.
“No, not with enemy air power still up, they can’t risk a medical evacuation team.” Keith said checking down the street by aiming down his ACOG scope. “We’ll run into the front lines soon though, so we’ll get a ride back.”
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 am

sweet.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:09 am

Danke.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Chapter Five

James stood on a hill, holding his M4A1 Carbine in one hand, pointing down at the ground. He watches as the city burns and explosions erupt from within it. The fiery hues from the city illuminating the surrounding area and giving a stark contrast the night sky above. Jame sighs taking his helmet off and dropping it as he leans against a tree on the hill that overlooks the city. James sighs again running his hand over his short hair. He looks up into the sky at the massive behemoth that now floats above it. The skies fell that day and the world was changed forever.

"We need to keep moving." Keith said walking up behind James.

"Yeah." James sighed nodding. He picked up his helmet and walked over to the humvee they had taken. James looked into the backseat at Jannelle, she was asleep. Exhausted from everything that had happened. He got into the back and set his rifle between him and her and he shut the door sitting back and taking the rifle up so he could use it if they ran into trouble.

Keith took one last look back at Haven City, the aliens were over running it and the US Military had abandoned the city. Keith walked around and got into the driver's seat starting the Humvee up and driving off down the desolate road littered with abandoned cars.

"We should probably make for Boston." Keith suggested as he drove.

"I dunno, Boston probably got hit just as hard." James said. "Doubt the Army was able to hold it."

"Yeah...so where to then?"

"Ohio." James shrugged. "Think I saw a map back at the base with a base or something in Ohio."

"Ohio it is, if we can link up with other units before then then great." Keith said.

"Yeah." James said looking out of the window, aside from everything it was a peaceful night. James thought what he'd be doing it none of this happened. It was Tuesday so he'd be at home. He'd catch sportscenter before dinner with Jannelle and then after dinner he'd try his luck at wooing Jannelle into the bedroom. God what he'd give for a normal night. Worst of all was that Jannelle told him she was pregnant today. He sighed thinking of what the world would be like when and even if their child was born. He looked over at Jannelle sleeping. She was covered in dust and sweat and he clothes were dirty and she looked ragged and tired but at the same time she never looked more beautiful. He smiled a bit watching her sleep.

"Nothing is going to hurt her. Nothing." He vowed to himself quietly.

Five Years Later…

James walked through the snow, his hair was thick and black now, he had a scruffle of black facial hair and he wore a tan trench coat over his clothes with ammunition belts strapped over him. He carried his M4A1 Carbine as he moved slowly. He stopped and took aim down range. He took a knee keeping his sights trained on his target. He let out three rounds and then lowered his rifle observing his kill.

Jannelle looked up as the door opened in their cabin and James walked through it, the snow still coming down hard outside behind him. He carried a deer over his shoulder and he smiled.

“This should last us a little while. Where’s Mikey?”

“Asleep, he wore himself out with the other kids today in town.” Jannelle smiled.

James smiled and took the deer into the back of their cabin. “Glad he had fun today.” He said walking back into the living room and setting his rifle against the wall and putting the safety on.

“Wonder how much more it’ll snow.” Jannelle asked. It had been snowing a lot in the recent months, many people thought the Tau were terraforming the planet to make it colder to suit them, others thought it was the start or a nuclear winter. All James knew was that the Tau had been stopped and then invaded again with even more forces and the US military and the other world armies were fighting guerilla wars now. James decided he didn’t want to fight another war so he left with Jannelle and built them a home near Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. Over 300 survivors lived in the small makeshift town but James built their home 5 miles away…just incase.

“Hopefully not too much.” James said. “I usually like the cold but too much more snow and moving around out there will be hard…hard enough as it is.” He sighed. “Took me an hour to track that deer down, snow kept filling in the tracks.”

Jannelle nodded and looked up at him. “Well I’m going to get started on dinner.” She said getting up. She kissed him and smiled. “Then after we eat you can join me for a night cap.”

“Will do.” James smiled pinching her rear as she walked into the kitchen.

San Francisco, California

Keith stood looking at a map of the United States, the Tau held everything east of the Rocky Mountains now and only pockets or resistance and survivors were holding out beyond. The US Military was holding back the aliens at the mountains and was shooting down anything that tried to fly over them.

“Captain.” General Moore said walking in. “We’re going to send you out, we lost contact with outpost seven. “

“Damn it, fucking raiders again I bet.” Keith said. The US Military wasn’t just fighting the Tau anymore, Humans that went renegade and formed bands of marauders often stalked near the Rocky Mountains and in the rest of the country preying on soft targets like undefended towns and lightly guarded military positions.

“We think so, the Tau haven’t been doing much recently which also scares us but the marauders have been more active.”

“Alright, I’ll get my company together and we’ll head out ASAP.” Keith said.

“Good man Captain.” General Moore said before walking out.

Keith sighed and looked at the map. “Wonder if James is still alive out there…” He said as he headed out.

To be continued…
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:10 am

nice, Mikey found a way into the story.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah, and now it's two storylines Keith's and James'.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:10 am

yeah, will we see or hear about Jill?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:11 am

Maybe, I've got some ideas floating around.
Back to top Go down
Chronicler
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:51 am

cool. going to have to work on a few stories of my own soon.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:57 am

Yeah, finally got around to writing this.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Chapter Six

James yawned as he walked outside and onto the porch of his cabin. He looked around, it wasn't snowing anymore. He was thankful for that at least. He looked out at the stark white snow covered landscape. Jannelle and Mikey were still asleep, it was near six o'clock in the morning. He always woke up early, he could never sleep past six. He went back inside and over to the fireplace. It was still pretty cold and while he'd gotten used to it he always liked a good fire in the morning. He started one up and went into the kitchen to make himself some coffee when he heard a knock on the door. He looked back, they didn't get a lot of visitors, especially this early in the day.

James walked into the living room and opened drawer and took out the M1911A1 pistol that he kept in there and flipped the safety off. He walked over to the door and looked through the peep hole and sighed relieved and flipped the safety back on and opened the door.

"Chase, it's not even six." He said walking out and shutting the door behind him. Chase Simmons was a teenage boy from town. He was was the mayor's son. Chase was tall about 6'2" and had dirty blonde hair that was almost to his shoulders. He had been trying to grow a beard but wasn't quite able to yet.

"I know I'm sorry Mr. Miller but there's trouble." Chase said rubbing his arms, he was obviously cold. "Mr. Hutch spotted some raiders a few miles outside of town, looks like they are gonna head towards us."

"How far off?" James asked.

"About twenty miles...we need to hurry, my father says there's alot of em." Chase said.

"Alright, give me five minutes." James said. "Come on inside before you freeze out here." He said walking inside. James walked into the back and into his and Jannelle's room. He reached out and woke her.

"Honey." He whispered.

"Hmmm..." Jannelle said sleepily.

"Jannelle, wake up." James said.

"Is it morning already?" Jannelle said, awake but her eyes were closed.

"Chase is here, raiders are heading to town." James said standing up. Jannelle opened her eyes. Raiders were worse than the Tau in some ways, the Tau didn't kidnap women and gang rape them like the raiders would. "Go down into the cellar with Mikey and wait until I get back."

"O-okay." Jannelle said getting up. "I thought the raiders had all been wiped out by the Tau, at least in these parts."

"I guess more came." James said getting dressed and getting his weapons. "You and Mikey will be safe out here, they won't come this far into the woods."

"Just be careful." Jannelle said walking over and hugging him. "Come back to me."

"I will." James said putting his hand under her chin and making her look up into his eyes. He leaned down and kissed her. "Be back soon, I love you."

"Love you too." Jannelle said.

James and Chase walked out to Chase's Humvee, it had been fitted with Mattracks so it could move through the snow easier. They had salvaged several after the military had retreated west. James got into driver's seat and Chase got into the passenger side. James sped off for town. When they arrived the scene was busy. James got out and walked over to Chase's father who was talking with a couple other of the men from town.

"Isaac." James said walking over to him with Chase. "How many?"

"At least a two hundred." Issac said. "And they have a helicopter it's been flying overhead."

"I know, I heard it on the way in, I'll handle that. So what's the plan?"

"I was hoping you'd help with that." Isaac said. Isaac Simmons was a good man and good leader but he was no soldier, that's where James came in handy to Isaac. James had been the defacto sheriff for the town since he had a lot of military training. "We've gotten everyone who can't fight into the church; women, children, elderly." Isaac said. "And we've blocked the roads so they'll have to come through main street."

"See, you're learning old man." James smiled patting his shoulder. "We'll set up on Main Street in the buildings and on the road. I'll go ahead with Chase and scout."

"They're here!" A man said running towards them, he had a old M1 Garand in his hands. "Coming down the highway only a half a mile out."

"Get everyone into position." James told Isaac. "Chase come with me." He said rushing off with the man and Chase.

The raiders were riding in Humvees outfitted with Mattracks and they drove into the town seeing it empty.

"Oh you're fucking kidding me..." A raider said looking around. "Another ghost town..."

"I'm gonna kill Narco...he said this place had at least three hundred people and plenty of women...it's been two months since I got me some nice pussy..."

"I know what you mean..." The other raider said getting out of the humvee as it stopped. "Oh well maybe there's some loot around he-" He was cut short as a bullet cut through his throat and then the raiders were opened up on from the buildings around them.

"These people are clever." A man said watching from a hill through binoculars. "Send the others through the east and west sides of town and over run the place."

"Heh, alright sir." Another raider said walking off.

James moved around through the side streets with Chase and the man with the M1, his named was John. They watched as the helicopter was moving around towards the town again. It was UH-60 Blackhawk with a couple mini-guns mounted as door guns. It was coming in to make a pass on the townspeople as they had the raiders trapped and pinned down.

"John, hand me the Stinger." He said setting his M4 down, they were up on the roof of a building a a few streets off of main street.

"Here ya go." John said handing him the anti-air rocket launcher and James took aim, the Stinger beeped as it locked onto the to the helicopter and James fired away sending a rocket soaring off towards the helicopter. He lowered the launcher down a little and watched as the rocket hit the helicopter in the side and exploded bringing it down before it reached town again.

"Nice shot." John said with a small smile.

"Mr. Miller...we got trouble." Chase said looking east and seeing more raiders coming in. James moved over looking out. "Damn...Chase go tell your father we need some men on the east side of town, I'll keep em held down."

"One man against fifty?"

"One man with a rifle can keep one hundred men with rifles pinned down if he has a good vantage point." James said picking his M4 up and moving across the roof.

Chase nodded and watched James jump to another close by rooftop and he looked at John.

"Well you going with him?"

to be continued...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Skies   Fallen Skies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallen Skies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Fan Fiction :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: