Assilems Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assilems Realm

Luctor et emergo

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brainstorming

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Let's not rush too quickly into things as we don't have a solid story which is often why our rpgs tend to die quickly.

My idea is a rough one... and I thought of moving away from the usual paths that we've taken where humans have released a biological weapon or there's an influenza. I'm thinking instead of humans or a corporation like in Resident Evil that wants to wipe out the population, have the virus come from up above... aliens. Those who aren't killed, are fortunate due to being either underground- miners, astronauts in the space station, naval crew in a submarine, scientists on Antarctica? It gives us a more logical and sensible explanation as to why some people have made it alive after the outbreak.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:34 am

Well I thought we were gonna start it when the outbreak started and not after this time.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:53 am

But did we ever say how or why there was an outbreak?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:03 pm

I don't think we really need to if we're just gonna have a survival theme, unlike the Resident Evil RPG we did where we were trying to stop Umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:08 pm

I dunno...I kinda like knowing what they're trying to survive and how it happened.
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Well they're surviving a Zombie Apocalypse, I think if we bring in something that causes it like a corporation or aliens it may get too complicated.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Influenza virus?
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Could just go with the Virus from the Zombie Survial Guide
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Zombie survival guide????
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Yeah, Mel Brooks' son Max Brooks wrote two books about Zombies the "Zombie Survival Guide" which more funny than anything and World War Z.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:29 pm

So what's the trick...run as fast as you can if you see one? Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Oh no it's get's really detailed haha like where to go, what weapons to have, who to take with you, etc. and some people take it seriously haha
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Someone definitely likes zombies then... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Yeah, I like a good zombie flick, course I read it cause I'm a big Mel Brooks fan too.
Back to top Go down
Mellicious
Admin
Admin
Mellicious

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 pm

No no...I mean that Max Brooks...writing about the weapons you'd need if zombies appeared all of a sudden...
Back to top Go down
The Captain
Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
The Captain

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Well it was all satire haha
Back to top Go down
intangible
Contributer
Contributer
intangible

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:55 pm

I have an idea. We can just have a group of people who are just naturally immune to the disease, so it's just normal everyday people surviving, not like experts. It can start out like they've been rounded up by the military to be transported to a vault-like safe house and when one day they realize they haven't come in to feed them or anything in a day or two and Huey look outside to see most of the officers dead and devoured. But since that will all take place by a military station, we'll get guns, grenades, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brainstorming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming   Brainstorming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Assilems Realm :: Archives :: Rpg Archives-
Jump to: